• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm worried that ONE and Murata chose to skip over Garou's peak half-monster form because this form looks like a monster form, unlike the webcomic which showed him with at least a human face until he fought GS. With that being said purple light looks the best to me and if the light streaks are supposed to be the "dark energy" Murata spoke about then purple is probably the best choice since black isn't really usable...unless Garou can conceal the light streaks or something.

I'm not saying I agree with it fully, just that you weren't addressing it properly.

He expended maybe a couple hundred shots against Garou. I'll have to check that monster claim out.

Edit: Nope, the monster fight was chapter 68-ish. He'd been tailing Garou for a day before this.

@Emirp I was wrong about Beefcake. As for Gouketsu, I'll have to look into that, but there would have been 4 separate shockwaves, I believe..
As the person who calculated Gouketsu's shockwave, yes there are multiple booms, but there is a large boom immediately preceding the shockwave and I agree that we would probably be able to see if there were multiple attacks.

This looks a lot like Imperfect Cell

0144-023.png

This looks a lot like Imperfect Cell

0144-023.png
That is funny, I just asked a friend if this design looked like a character from DBZ because I got that feeling. He hasn't responded yet so you've helped me find that out.
Ouros is attempting to calc the BS swarm. No one has attempted the huge block cut tho
I did a rough calc of the block cut yesterday and got low 7-C results around a kiloton.

Nichirin is about 1.72 meters tall when extended out and including his shoes comparing to Spring Mustachio (who is 1.72 meters), the chunk of earth cut is about 100 meters wide and about 55 meters deep, and the cut split these two chunks of earth apart in what I said was 1 second because it happened before Black Sperm could react. Using KE, that's about 1 kiloton.

Using a 0.25 second timeframe because human reaction time, it's 16 kilotons and 7-C.

Actually, why do we have Showerhead at 8-B? He took a punch from the Garou that killed Royal Ripper and managed to singe Garou and catch him off guard, if anything he should be low 7-B.

One of the most underrated abilities in my opinion.

Uh, that’d be an AP stomp. A major AP stomp.
Wait, how big of a difference does it have to be to be an AP stomp? Using the current scaling, it'd be at most a 4.5x difference, likely much less than that. Plus, Showerhead's durability scales higher than his AP and Dabi has no durability feats outside of his fire resistance

A 4.5x difference is absolutely massive, like if Dabi lands a single attack, that’s GG. Although I suppose you could say the same for Showerhead since Dabi’s durability is Unknown. It was High 8-C a while ago, hm

A 4.5x difference is absolutely massive, like if Dabi lands a single attack, that’s GG. Although I suppose you could say the same for Showerhead since Dabi’s durability is Unknown. It was High 8-C a while ago, hm
But it's not a 4.5X difference unless I misunderstand how we do upscaling in vs matches. His AP at least > 34.98 tons and his durability >> 34.98 tons, so it should be more like a 3, 2 or 1.5X difference. If we say he upscales considerably, would we just use a 1.5X multiplier to quantify that? If we do, then it's a 3X AP difference and Showerhead's durability is better than that, so he's not getting one-shot or anything

There’s just not a specific amount necessary to upscale (which is soooooooo helpful smh)

So if there is no standard, then how do we do a case by case basis?
Good question

It’s basically just, use your better judgement and whatever makes sense. So like, Orochi can keep his High 7-A because the difference from Gouketsu’s calc is pretty small and we know for a fact Orochi >>>>> Gouketsu.

It’s basically just, use your better judgement and whatever makes sense. So like, Orochi can keep his High 7-A because the difference from Gouketsu’s calc is pretty small and we know for a fact Orochi >>>>> Gouketsu.
Ok, that makes sense

Watch as I downgrade the TSB

We need to choose an end for the Homeless Emperor crater feat now- surely we would have seen an image of the crater by now if Murata hadn't forgotten about it.

Eh, the more I think about it, I doubt we'll see the crater again. If the sizes are really inconsistent, I think my suggestion of "Tier to Tier" is the most suitable even if it's inconvenient

Also now that Fubuki is fighting garou already, I doubt we'll have the Psykos vs Fubuki fight and the epic Garou entrance afterwards.

Like Garou just coming out and saying "I am that dreaded future, threat level God", after. Psykos being defeated and Fubuki seemingly triumphant, I dunno, the manga doesn't quite have the same impact.

Eh, the more I think about it, I doubt we'll see the crater again. If the sizes are really inconsistent, I think my suggestion of "Tier to Tier" is the most suitable even if it's inconvenient
We shouldn't give up on finding an end because of an internal disagreement, that'd go against several scaling principles. If this is really such an issue, I will calc it myself only using the panel where we find the length to find the height.

That said, I can readily post that calculation if I can get one question answered- why did we use vaporization for Homeless Emperor? It looks like vaporization to me, but I want to prepared for CGM questioning on the matter if they want to say it's pulverization.

Why pulverization tho? I don't see why it would'nt be anything other than vaporization as HE's attacks are energy. Pulv doesn't makes sense in the case of HE

Ah, Ugarik said that because in that particular explosion it wasn't clear if we were looking at debris and we never see the crater. Vaporization is much clearer here.

Back