• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
she never showed such a ridiculous feat after that. it was just a one time thing in the entire series and other times she gets stomped by demons like demonic fan and genos' statements backs this up, with him saying that she cant even take on a single demon. he said this literally like a DAY before the MA arc iirc. there's no way she got massively stronger either since unlike prisoner who learned a new technique, she didnt learn ANYTHING especially in such a short time frame (it was like a few days from where she went from 8-B to 7-A)

Dude what, people have a reaction time of like 200 ms, we could easily turn our heads in a second. That action lasted no longer than 5 seconds...

Dude what, people have a reaction time of like 200 ms, we could easily turn our heads in a second. That action lasted no longer than 5 seconds...
this is what im ******* saying. just because something has the word "seconds" in it, it sounds short. but 30 seconds or whatever is a shitload of time for such a thing like reactions.

Genos' last data of her was from way before that, it's likely that it ain't fully accurate.
way before? genos has known fubuki for like a couple days lol. you trying to tell me with NO training and no new forms and no new techniques, she went from 8-B to possibly 7-A? in the span of a day or two? c'mon now....

from the beginning of the series to the current chapter, its been a REALLY short time iirc. there hasnt been any time skips, not even really short time skips.

Fubuki blocking a few attacks from Rover doesn't mean she scales. I say this all the time but people are quick to hit the upgrade-bell with OPM.

She needed assistance, it was max-effort, the explosion blasts didn't fully hit her or the brothers. And her clearest feat was actually redrawn to be less of a direct evidence that she scales.

This makes no ******* sense and I wonder if people who made the calc read the chapter.

1149893_811661_1600_1138.png

We see normal people, literal civilians, reacting to the blast and running away as it is being fired. They are literally cities away from the blast and they're all reacting to it in shock and horror.

It has to have been several seconds at least to allow people to react like that.

We also see speedlines and a sweeping curve on the beam indicating that Psykos held the beam and swung it like a razor after firing it. Meaning it wasn't one-shot.
I was the one who made the calc.

The first question is... where are the heroes reacting to the blast? Now, Metal Bat vs Garou/EC was in S city, many hundreds of km away over mountain ranges, the superfight tournament was in City B (which is much closer to Z city but still presumably over 100 km away) and it's unclear where Garou vs the tanktop army, heavy kong vs marshal gorilla and the Blizzard group vs. DO-S took place. Logically, City B and City S are so far away from City Z that a view like this should only be possible from either within City Z, or a nearby town.

The simplest solution is to say that all the heroes are at the same hospital within eyesight (much less than 100km~) of Z city at a hospital either in a distant district or an outlying town. It's possible that Metal Bat may be somewhere else, which would explain his longer travel time, but the fact that he can see Psykorochi as if it were a nearby mountain makes it seem like his hospital is rather close to Z city. More importantly, the heroes we see reacting to the blast: Heavy Kong, Snek and Lightning Max are at the same hospital as TTM, Mumen, the Tanktoppers and the Blizzard Group. I think that this hospital is again, either in a further district of Z city or a town in Z city's borders because TTM states that the hospital will need more beds soon and we hear sirens in the distance. As we know, Z-city and outlying areas are being evacuated according to the newcast Metal Bat is watching, so this lines up pretty well.

Okay, so we get two reaction panels while the beam is process. 1) Genos reacting, King and Tareo being blown away, 2) Max, Kong and Snek reacting to the beam flash, while civilians are running away. Let's break this down from the 1 second end perspective:
1) Genos can react to this, he's sub-rel at this point according to our profiles. 1 second is enough time for King and Tareo to start freaking out as the shockwaves blow them away
2) Max, Snek and Kong all have supersonic reflexes- they don't need a second, let only 60, to react to a bright explosion happening 15-25 km in front of them. Here's the kicker though: the civilians are running away because of the evacuation order in chapter 132, not because of the blast. Because it's happening in the span of one-second, they don't really have time to process, we see them turning their heads but no faces of knowing "shock and horror".

So...
1. the civilians don't have time to react, they're running because of the evacuation order
2. That's because all the people shown, civilians and hero trio included, are within viewing distance of Z city, if not within the city itself since it is so huge. They are not "literal cities away"
3. I understand that if Psykorochi were swinging the beam over the course of a minute or 30 seconds, it wouldn't be a one-shot, but if she's swinging all the energy in 1 second then it's all the same for our purposes of course.

I hope that you can see, when I made my judgment about the time frame, that I wasn't pulling it out of my butt. I tried my best to rationalize the positions of all relevant characters, what they were doing before the blast and their reaction times. All that considered, I determined the time frame shouldn't be much more than human reaction time- we have two small reaction panels with limited reactions and then the beam results are shown immediately after that.

Are we to expect that 10 seconds, or a minute has passed since then? Was Tatsumaki moving in a straight line with the beam for 10, 30, 60 seconds? Shouldn't she have tried to dodge in a more irregular pattern if she had such a long time to think of something? Shouldn't the beam cut have more been a chaotic twirl and Tatsumaki flew round and round attempting to get out of the beam? Why do we see Tatsumaki and Genos's thoughts after the beam, after the crust falls? According to this timeline, they must have taken a solid minute or two to ask themselves "where did all this power come from" or "it's immeasurably strong!" Those sound like more immediate reactions to me, taken a few seconds after a traumatic event.

Last edited:
That is another thing. I honestly think that the people were already evacuating...

TLDR:

I did the calc. I have very long and complicated reasoning for why 1 second is best that accounts for most of your issues. 1) the civilians weren't reacting to the beam, they were already evacuating after the earthquake and only had time to turn their heads, and King and Tareo have enough time to grimace as they're blown away 2) everyone else has superhuman reaction times, 3) they're not literal cities away they're all within eyeshot of the Z-City ghost town, everyone but Metal Bat is shown to be in the same place, 4) 10 seconds is a very long time for Tatsumaki to react when she's being hit with a scorching beam that's currently frying her clothes off

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm not sure. IIRC, it was stated that Choze made the same type of energy balls as vaccine man, but we clearly know he's nowhere near as powerful as vaccine man, so I doubt homeless emperor is as well

I really don't know what Matt is thinking, since they only reacted to the shock wave, when we are shown them, Psykos had already swung his whole arm to slice the continent, moreover, the beam had to stretch all first before of it swinging, that is, 1 second is a lowball

I hope that you can see, when I made my judgment about the time frame, that I wasn't pulling it out of my butt. I tried my best to rationalize the positions of all relevant characters, what they were doing before the blast and their reaction times. All that considered, I determined the time frame shouldn't be much more than human reaction time- we have two small reaction panels with limited reactions and then the beam results are shown immediately after that.

Are we to expect that 10 seconds, or a minute has passed since then? Was Tatsumaki moving in a straight line with the beam for 10, 30, 60 seconds? Shouldn't she have tried to dodge in a more irregular pattern if she had such a long time to think of something? Shouldn't the beam cut have more been a chaotic twirl and Tatsumaki flew round and round attempting to get out of the beam? Why do we see Tatsumaki and Genos's thoughts after the beam, after the crust falls? According to this timeline, they must have taken a solid minute or two to ask themselves "where did all this power come from" or "it's immeasurably strong!" Those sound like more immediate reactions to me, taken a few seconds after a traumatic event.
Yes actually. The beam was held and Psykorochi used it like a razor to slice the continent. Normal people many kilometers away saw the beam, freaked out and ran away.

USing "Oh but this character has supersonic reactions based on this Saitama calc" is calc stacking.

Your reason doesn't account for anything basic. Normal people saw the beam and there was enough time for them to freak out and run away. Also Psykos was moving the beam and slicing the ocean crust with it, it wasn't a single blast. We can see her blast lift the waves as she moves indicating speed, yes, but it shows its not instantaneous.

I don't get why Tatsumaki would just stay there and let Psykos break off a hunk of the Earth with her beam for 30 seconds like you said.

That would be a pretty bad reaction time.

From what I see, the people were already running away. I don't think it's possible to tell that they were explicitly running due to Psykos beam. Maybe turning their heads yeah, but running, nah

Yes, it doesn't even make sense and as I mentioned, when it shows their reaction, Psykos had already swayed, so it's literally irrelevant, the only thing they react to is the shock wave and the part of the planet going up.

I agree that it should be 3-5 seconds. Tatsumaki wouldn't just let Psykos just shoot it. It being anything over 5 seconds is completely ridiculous imo

I'm fine with 1 second but if you absolutely feel the need to some reason low ball it even more, anything over 5 makes no sense for me

Back