• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I’m decided not to read all the pages I’ve missed out on here for my own sanity and health. What’s new? Someone explain in 20 words or less.

Predictions: Manga bad, Garou stinky, Garou no 5-A feat :(, Garou considering being stronger than a mountain as impressive :(.

Murata probably thinks Gaia Cannon and Godbeams can't destroy mountains. He has no clue how OP those feats are. Mountain busters are something that is quite mind-blowing according to Murata.

I just think Garou should’ve stayed slimmer and not become big and bulky until much later, big and bulky just looks silly with material arts (I know Orochi also did it, but he at least had the excuse of his little dragon parts also doing martial arts) and the manga should ease up on the “SEE, BUDDY OL’ BUDDY OL’ CHUM OL’ PAL ‘OL’ BUDDY GAROU, I KNEW YOU WEREN’T EVIL ALL ALONG! :)” every 5 pages with Garou accidentally saving someone. It really lessens the questioning of whether he’s actually a monster nor or not. In the webcomic you could kind of fall for it, since he straight up looks hollow, says he killed Fubuki and Fubuki isn’t seen until a bit later, and threatens to kill a kid (which we don’t realise is a bluff until much later, when Saitama points out after the scene, not literally the next page). In the manga you KNOW he’s not a monster and will not stop beating Garou’s character over the head to repeatedly tell us he’s not a monster.

Overall it’s still fun to read. It’s a bit silly with the “he‘s as strong as a mountain” Saitama when Garou just cut a country long centipede in half.

It's not just that it isn't following the wc, the manga was still incredible till Platinum Sperm and Sage Centipede. Then I feel it just started adding fluff, wasting characters, having inconsistent tone and now the Garou vs Saitama fight just isn't living up to the massive hype it had.

I don't even want to hate on the manga, just saying what I think

Murata probably thinks Gaia Cannon and Godbeams can't destroy mountains. He has no clue how OP those feats are. Mountain busters are something that is quite mind-blowing according to Murata.
I don’t think that would be the case since the Gaia cannon charge up was as big as a country basically.

Some people are into that

I mean seeing as the people hating on the manga rn are acting like kids raging in Xbox game chat, I find it hard to believe you can separate your WB nostalgia from critical analysis.
^^like no matter what haters says there’s gonna be wc biased behind it even if they only read like 1 page of the wc.

''haha, lets close the 5-B saitama thread because murata said that Garou vs Saitama will be more impressive than Saitama vs Boros''
img

Maybe Garou calls back to Saitama's planetary statement and states he is strong enough to match that. Realistically I don't see an actual tier 5 feat happening

It's also the obvious conclusion to the arc even if the webcomic didn't exist.🕺
🕺yes, but the build up from the webcomic is what blinds them, if anything the manga is more accurate at portraying the real Garou, not Garou’s bum ass wc version.

I just think Garou should’ve stayed slimmer and not become big and bulky until much later, big and bulky just looks silly with material arts (I know Orochi also did it, but he at least had the excuse of his little dragon parts also doing martial arts)
I think it looks just fine, but I can see that.

I just think Garou should’ve stayed slimmer and not become big and bulky until much later, big and bulky just looks silly with material arts (I know Orochi also did it, but he at least had the excuse of his little dragon parts also doing martial arts) and the manga should ease up on the “SEE, BUDDY OL’ BUDDY OL’ CHUM OL’ PAL ‘OL’ BUDDY GAROU, I KNEW YOU WEREN’T EVIL ALL ALONG! :)” every 5 pages with Garou accidentally saving someone. It really lessens the questioning of whether he’s actually a monster nor or not. In the webcomic you could kind of fall for it, since he straight up looks hollow, says he killed Fubuki and Fubuki isn’t seen until a bit later, and threatens to kill a kid (which we don’t realise is a bluff until much later, when Saitama points out after the scene, not literally the next page). In the manga you KNOW he’s not a monster and will not stop beating Garou’s character over the head to repeatedly tell us he’s not a monster.
I think the whole point is that this Garou vs Saitama conflict is different.

The WC battle was to stop a conflicted man from causing massive damage to the world, while this fight is a battle for Garou's soul. Each time Garou accidentally saves someone, it shows that he is pushing himself to be opposed to who he truly is. In a way it feels like the universe is reacting to the dissonance between Garou's end goal and who he is, making his evil action have positive outcomes to even out the imbalance.

Also as I've posited before that the reason Saitama is going easy on Garou is because he sees his older self in Garou, and, unlike Boros and Orochi, Saitama sees a humanity in him. There's something there to redeem.

But no one would have known about the hype build up if the wc didn’t exist which is once again just wc peeps…🧍
The manga wouldnt be nearly as popular or remembered if the webcomic didnt exist. Why is thinking the manga wouldve been better following the webcomic (one that is highly praised) its been adapting 1:1 for years so controversial?

Nobody is High 6-A from Saitama trying to kill them. Garou should be High 6-A based on Saitama viewing him as possibly being the monster king and simultaneously shrugging off Orochi as a misbehaving kid.
Isn't it just refered to his appearence? It's not like that Saitama can somehow see someone's power level. Iirc he made the statement before fighting him
In saitama’s view Garou post centipede is stronger than Orochi.
Source?

No the attack went through him just fine, if it failed to go through him at all that'd be resistance. Garou's thing is called limited durability negation for a reason. Because our internal organs feel the shock of our own attacks and the attack from others. Sure far less than what hits you on the outside.

But they still take some amount of the impact. Garou's dura negation wouldn't work on someone who is 3-A or far less. This just means Saitama's insides are able to withstand Garou's attack as their durability surpasses his attack power.

Your organs aren't infinitely inferior, or just equal for every single person. A single Tier 7 punch to the stomach and your organs there would pop like a balloon if they weren't more durable.
Doesn't Garou state something like "doesn't matter how much you train your body, you can't increase the durability of your internacional organs"? If not resistance to durability negation, I think it should be noted somewhere on Saitama's profile

Back