• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Possibly" 3-C Saitama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenks

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
I'll make another attempt at this I guess. No, it has nothing to do with the graph. I promise.

Saitama is rated 4-A for making a part of the cosmos disappear alongside Garou.

We assume he only destroyed everything out to the farthest star we (with the naked eye) can visibly see in the night sky. That being V762 Cas.

This is a fair low-lowball and all, but I'd like to once again bring attention to some evidence that it could definitely be taken to be higher than that. I believe it's solid enough to at least warrant a "possibly" rating.

In the One-Punch Man manga, and even within the same chapter this shot is shown, we see multiple times that the perspective we have in these panels allows us to see way, way farther into the night sky than the naked eye.

Example 1. Example 2.

Along with that, many people tend to bring up the argument of "because the panel where the destruction is shown doesn't showcase any galaxies, we can't assume that it would reach out that far."

I'd like to challenge this idea.

Take a closer look at the panel again, and you'll realize that most of the white dots are really just ambiguous blobs that do have the real possibility of being galaxies.

You might then think, "Well that's clearly just how Murata draws stars, since it's pretty obvious when he draws a galaxy as seen in those examples."

And to that, I say, check out these panels. We see that his stars are way more uniform and circular there.

It also helps that in other panels like this one, there are blobs that are very not star-like.

So, if there's evidence we can see galaxies in other panels, and some arguments against all of those white dots being stars in the first place, I think it's reasonable that we at least consider the fact that this explosion could have went out for farther than we currently accept it as.

How far? Well, if this hole is to be completely dark in a space where we should be able to see out to other galaxies, then I think the Milky Way-Andromeda distance works.

We already have a calculation for this which puts the feat at 3-C.

I am only suggesting a "possibly" rating. Please be considerate of that.

Recalculation of the Feat​

This is new. So, basically, the old calculations were actually wrong because they assumed the explosion was omnidirectional, when we clearly see the explosion is cone-shaped and extends outwards.

Because of this, Qawsed has made a new calculation for this with three ends:

Farthest star end: 3.080705e+61 Joules (4-A)
Milky Way end: 5.6394e+63 Joules (4-A)
Andromeda Galaxy end: 3.638245e+66 Joules (3-C)

Thread proposes the 4-A value to be adjusted, and the 3-C value to be added as a possibly based on these calcs.

- - - - -

Bold = Staff Opinion

Those who agree
(18: 6;12): @DarkDragonMedeus, @Maverick_Zero_X, @Damage3245, @KingTempest, @Therefir, @Marvel_Champion_07, @Maitreya, @Quangotjokes, @LuffyRuffy46307, @Quantu, @Benimōru, @Thelastmlg, @Kin201, @EnderLord8, @Kachon123, @Recon1511, @Excel616, @Apex_Predator_GX
Those who disagree (1: 1;0): @Qawsedf234,

Last edited:
Hmm. How would you explain the fact that In the "reversal of causality panel", we can clearly see it's just stars though (and a nebula?)

louHb5M.jpeg

I'll make another attempt at this I guess. No, it has nothing to do with the graph. I promise.

Saitama is rated 4-A for making a part of the cosmos disappear alongside Garou.

We assume he only destroyed everything out to the farthest star we (with the naked eye) can visibly see in the night sky. That being V762 Cas.

This is a fair low-lowball and all, but I'd like to once again bring attention to some evidence that it could definitely be taken to be higher than that. I believe it's solid enough to at least warrant a "possibly" rating.

In the One-Punch Man manga, and even within the same chapter this shot is shown, we see multiple times that the perspective we have in these panels allows us to see way, way farther into the night sky than the naked eye.

Example 1. Example 2.

Along with that, many people tend to bring up the argument of "because the panel where the destruction is shown doesn't showcase any galaxies, we can't assume that it would reach out that far."

I'd like to challenge this idea.

Take a closer look at the panel again, and you'll realize that most of the white dots are really just ambiguous blobs that do have the real possibility of being galaxies.

You might then think, "Well that's clearly just how Murata draws stars, since it's pretty obvious when he draws a galaxy as seen in those examples."

And to that, I say, check out these panels. We see that his stars are way more uniform and circular there.

It also helps that in other panels like this one, there are blobs that are very not star-like.

So, if there's evidence we can see galaxies in other panels, and some arguments against all of those white dots being stars in the first place, I think it's reasonable that we at least consider the fact that this explosion could have went out for farther than we currently accept it as.

How far? Well, if this hole is to be completely dark in a space where we should be able to see out to other galaxies, then I think the Milky Way-Andromeda distance works.

We already have a calculation for this which puts the feat at 3-C+.

I am only suggesting a "possibly" rating. Please be considerate of that.
Who cares

Problem is Murata can draw galaxies, so the fact he didn't to showcase this feat and instead painted some smudges is really weird.

Hmm. How would you explain the fact that In the "reversal of causality panel", we can clearly see it's just stars though (and a nebula?)

louHb5M.jpeg
Also a really good point.

We already have a calculation for this which puts the feat at 3-C+.
I honestly believe this to be a fair and reasonable assumption to make, especially since if I do recall correctly, in that very same chapter while they’re on Jupiter, we can visibly see galaxies in the background of space as well.

Also, if I’m remembering correctly the original 4-A calc is so unbelievably close to 3-C that the fact that we have an actual graph showing their strengths literally spiking up after the feat as well I think gives reasonable credence to them reaching galaxy tiers of power.

No galaxies need to be destroyed, the blast having the distance to reach the andromeda galaxy in of itself is enough to put the feat at 3-C so this really doesn’t contradict anything at all.
Yeah I reread the fight and the galaxy shots are undeniable. Galaxy level via the calc, with the images as supporting evidence for the interpretation is fine I guess. Especially as a possibly.

Besides I always said that 4-A was too harsh so I can't flip flop now

Wouldn’t factors such as the reflected luminosity of earth affect how far one could see into space, realistically even stars should be invisible from that perspective.

i agree with possibly as well, though would still make alternate future saitama 3-B due to the massive growth in the fight?

Possibly 3-C is fine, yeah. It's possible the explosion wiped out at least two galaxies which even qualifies a possible 3-B rating.

How about this?

4-A, Likely 3-C+, Possibly 3-B if that was infact more than 1 galaxy?

I will also agree btw

Based on the available evidence, I strongly agree that 3-C is possible, but I find it difficult to agree with 3-B without solid proof.

4-A, Possibly 3-C

I am neutral but leaning towards agreement.

Wouldn't using satellite galaxies be far more reliable? For instance, both of magellanic clouds are far closer than Andromeda and they are visible with naked eye. I would argue it even warrants a solid rating.

However, if you insist on going with Andromeda end, you might very well argue for 3-B rating considering their post IO growth

Based on the available evidence, I strongly agree that 3-C is possible, but I find it difficult to agree with 3-B without solid proof.

4-A, Possibly 3-C
I think the 3-C rating is really close to baseline 3-B and considering Saitama and Garou grew several oneshots above the Serious Punch Squared one could make the argument to upscale their alternate future versions to 3-B

I think the 3-C rating is really close to baseline 3-B and considering Saitama and Garou grew several oneshots above the Serious Punch Squared one could make the argument to upscale their alternate future versions to 3-B
The issue with this particular amp is that it cannot be quantified, and it would not be wise to rely on it as a means of upgrading characters to a higher tier. higher is always an option.

The calc is 3-C+ though

They are saying they both evolve from several one shot levels

You can definately argue for 3-B
It's as Bastolan said above. Higher is the better option in cases like this. I think there was a CRT that tried upgrading Saitama to baseline 3-C based on scaling several one-shots above high-end 4-A but it got rejected.

Besides, Phoenks did tell us to stop discussing 3-B in this thread.

This makes sense to me. I think going for a full rating makes more sense here than a likely or possibly rating unless someone brings up valid arguments as to why the current accepted method is more realistic and supported.

In my opinion the 3-C+ calc doesn't work. We can't just assume a galaxy is being destroyed without actual evidence. In addition as another user showed none of the lights in the reversed causality scene are galaxy shaped.

However I think "possibly 3-C" is still justifiable based on their rapid power growth where Saitama and Garou end the fight where a sneeze would result in the death of the other's current state, which is already multiple magnitudes stronger than at the start of the fight.

In my opinion the 3-C+ calc doesn't work. We can't just assume a galaxy is being destroyed without actual evidence. In addition as another user showed none of the lights in the reversed causality scene are galaxy shaped.
Nobody is assuming a galaxy is being destroyed, Qwased. We are just assuming that the blast extended out at least an intergalactic distance due to galaxies being visible in multiple panels.

We are just assuming that the blast extended out at least an intergalactic distance due to galaxies being visible in multiple panels.
It is a different way of saying that a galaxy is destroyed with supporting scans yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back