• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Boros is faster, more durable, and has better regen.

The only chance Tatsumaki would have is if she somehow avoided being speed blitzed, and then somehow reflected collapsing star roaring canon back at Boros/survived to finish him off while weakened. Assuming he even gets pushed to that point.
I agree

That's not people. That's Murata literally saying he is not a canon source of information and to not go to him for any questions for OPM lore. I don't get why people keep twisting his own words to somehow be a bash against other fans.
Because without Murata they couldn’t wank Boros to “possibly ftl” outside of his literal trump card form.

I mean he would still have his own feat + whatever Garou has.
His own feat which is literally one of his strongest, highest effort attacks in his strongest form going all out - he doesn’t scale to Garou anymore unless ONE says he does in the manga, and specially mentions he can keep up in speed.

I don’t think 4+ year old webcomic statements apply to the manga, otherwise we’re gonna have to upgrade Manga Golden Sperm’s stats by quite a lot.

he doesn’t scale to Garou anymore unless ONE says he does
I get discounting some statements, but Garou = Boros is one of the few I don't think need to be tossed. ONE's been rather consistent on them being mostly comparable and unlike GS Boros wasn't heavily retconed.

His own feat which is literally one of his strongest, highest effort attacks in his strongest form going all out
Well, yeah. Why would I be talking about Unsealed Boros rather then MB Boros?

There is no definitive evidence that Boros should still scale to current Garou and probably Garou in future chapters, but an argument can still be made based off of narrative implications, and who knows, maybe something more concrete will happen when Garou fights Saitama in the manga.

The only objective way to scale the two is via ONE's statement that they're on par with each other, but ONE statements can clearly be outdated and might only apply to the webcomic anyways.

It just sucks that Boros has a general lack of definitive, concrete evidence to determine where he really stands among everyone else. It might sound like a hot take but I still think Released Boros beats everyone aside from Saitama, (probably) God, (very likely) Blast, and current Garou. Might be forgetting someone (not Tats I think Released Boros mid-high diff's Tats).

I get discounting some statements, but Garou = Boros is one of the few I don't think need to be tossed. ONE's been rather consistent on them being mostly comparable and unlike GS Boros wasn't heavily retconed.

Well, yeah. Why would I be talking about Unsealed Boros rather then MB Boros?
It should be tossed because Garou is so much hilariously faster now and so much stronger than he ever was in the webcomic and even manga, just like every other character, that keeping them scaled to eachother is just a case of complete bias right now unless a new statement comes out that mentions speed.

Because there are people who legit think Released Boros and even Armoured Boros are lightspeed “becuz scale to Geryuganshoop and Murata said so!” If you’re not one of them, neat.

It just sucks that Boros has a general lack of definitive, concrete evidence to determine where he really stands among everyone else. It might sound like a hot take but I still think Released Boros beats everyone aside from Saitama, (probably) God, (very likely) Blast, and current Garou. Might be forgetting someone (not Tats I think Released Boros mid-high diff's Tats).
Your “hot take” is just the common Reddit opinion, except replace Released Boros with Armoured Boros in half the takes.

A real hot take is Platinum and Garou speed blitz (but can’t really put him down) and Tatsumaki beats his ass until he goes Meteoric. Because say that anywhere on Reddit and you’ll be downvoted to the shadow realm.

It should be tossed because Garou is so much hilariously faster now and so much stronger than he ever was in the webcomic and even manga, just like every other character, that keeping them scaled to eachother is just a case of complete bias right now unless a new statement comes out that mentions speed.

Because there are people who legit think Released Boros and even Armoured Boros are lightspeed “becuz scale to Geryuganshoop and Murata said so!” If you’re not one of them, neat.
I definitely wouldn't say "complete bias", lol. It's not bias that Boros is still meant to be a top tier character. In the current manga he's still the only person to survive multiple attacks from Saitama (some of which he took without suffering lethal injury) and keep going, not to mention surprise and impress Saitama. And as for speed, a full speed Flashy Flash getting completely blitzed by Blast so hard that it seemed as if Blast had teleported from FF's perspective didn't even remotely impress Saitama, and he also had no reaction to any of the light trails, whereas he was borderline shocked by Boros' speed, which implies that MB Boros would still at least blitz Flashy's perception.

whereas he was borderline shocked by Boros' speed,
I would use surprised more than shocked. I forget if it was the dub or the original version but I remember Saitama also expressing shock about the initial rush in the anime.
Your “hot take” is just the common Reddit opinion, except replace Released Boros with Armoured Boros in half the takes.

A real hot take is Platinum and Garou speed blitz (but can’t really put him down) and Tatsumaki beats his ass until he goes Meteoric. Because say that anywhere on Reddit and you’ll be downvoted to the shadow realm.
You sound a bit wound up. You might want to just take a break from all this to take your mind off of it.

Being 100% serious here, too much power scaling can lead to excessive amounts of salt. It can be unhealthy if you let it get to you too much.

I would use surprised more so than shocked. I forget if it was the dub or the original version but I remember Saitama also expressing shock about the initial rush in the anime.

You sound a bit wound up. You might want to just take a break from all this to take your mind off of it.

Being 100% serious here, oo much power scaling can lead to excessive amounts of salt. It can be unhealthy if you let it get to you too much.
Borderline. He definitely wasn't outright shocked, but "?!" is used to express great surprise.

Yeah he doesn't seem very happy, don't really get it.

Btw guys, Garou and Boros are scaling to each other ?
I’ve given my thoughts on this a few times, but I don’t think Garou and Boros should scale to each other unless a new statement comes out.

ONE’s statement was made about the webcomic and Murata’s statement was several years ago. The story of the manga has changed a lot since then (remember when he said he was unsure if Tatsumaki could beat base, pre-redraw Orochi?). So yeah, unless we get something new about it, Boros shouldn’t scale to Garou and Garou shouldn’t scale to Boros.

The story of the manga has changed a lot since then (remember when he said he was unsure if Tatsumaki could beat base, pre-redraw Orochi?
That was Murata, not ONE. Unlike there as well Murata was much more clear regarding Boros vs Garou
Murata: Next we are entering Garou arc. According to ONE sensei, Garou and Boros are equally strong, I have to create the same visual for the battle too. Wonder how should I draw it...I will be keeping it up.
Murata: Not sure who's stronger, Orochi or Golden Sperm. I will need to ask ONE. Orochi definitely has better techniques though since Golden Sperm is all about speed and power.
Murata: Orochi is probably included to let Tatsumaki to get injured, so Psykos can use the opportunity to sneak attack Tatsumaki. Having her directly sneak attacking and injuring Tatsumaki in the original was a little far fetched.
Q: Sensei, how do you think the fight between Tatsumaki and Orochi is going to be?

A: The fight between Orochi and Tatsumaki? We'll see how that goes when I receive ONE's storyboards.
Like of his Orochi's quotes he's very clear he either just guesses what will happen or notes that he has no idea what will happen until he gets information from ONE.

With Boros vs Garou though he explicitly said that ONE told him that they were similar in strength.

Yeah but if they're comparable to Blast they'd probably be on par with or superior to Tats. Just speculation obviously but I could see it.
Well yeah, if they’re on par with Blast, but we just don’t know. Like, even speculation seems pointless rn because all we have are silhouettes lol

Lowkey the only thing good that came out of Psykorochi's fight was the continent slice feat.

Then we got small planet level Orochi 😭

Well yeah, if they’re on par with Blast, but we just don’t know. Like, even speculation seems pointless rn because all we have are silhouettes lol
We can suspect that they're at least comparable to Blast if they're strong enough to be his allies. If they weren't at least close to top tier Heroes I don't see why he wouldn't be trying to get the top tier Heroes themselves to join him seeing as God is a much bigger threat in his mind than whatever they're dealing with, especially Tatsumaki, as she already is somewhat close to him and would be more willing to join their cause than the rest.

We can suspect that they're at least comparable to Blast if they're strong enough to be his allies. If they weren't at least close to top tier Heroes I don't see why he wouldn't be trying to get the top tier Heroes themselves to join him seeing as God is a much bigger threat in his mind than whatever they're dealing with, especially Tatsumaki, as she already is somewhat close to him and would be more willing to join their cause than the rest.
Logically, yes, they’re probably Tatsumaki tier at the very least. But we just don’t know and I’m extremely paranoid because of the disappointment that was Bleach’s Zero Division, and I’m getting similar vibes from Blast’s squad.

"The fight between Orochi and Tatsumaki? Lol it doesn't exist, instead we're gonna do something silly and drag it out for over 5 chapters while making Orochi irrelevant to the story."
My boy was literally a sacrificial pawn from day one even before the retcon. He existed only to die so to serve as an amp for someone else.

That's kinda ****** up

I would use surprised more than shocked. I forget if it was the dub or the original version but I remember Saitama also expressing shock about the initial rush in the anime.

Being 100% serious here, too much power scaling can lead to excessive amounts of salt. It can be unhealthy if you let it get to you too much.
Half-Jokes based on reality = “wound up”? Uh-huh. XD

What I said isn’t untrue, but it’s still a joke.

Back