• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This will probs never get accepted for obvious reasons but LS precog AC and FTL orochi should be a thing (again?). I feel like the entire purpose for AC and him getting caught is to demonstrate the difference between orochi and anyone else, Garou and PS zooming into the FTL range would make for a, they've finally approached the level of orochi, especially the entire 25+ y/o statement of PS and Orochi...
thats my garbage reasoning but i dont think LS precog AC is an outlier anymore.
Did not Orochi caught Awakened Cockroach whose feet are gone from Genos fight?

I'm sure this will all suffer a redraw
tbh i wouldn't mind some redraws to fix up Garou's currently mashed-up character, if they don't manage to fix it in these next few chapers. Sucks that I even have to worry about something like that.

Let's at least wait for the next few chapters...

Surely ONE wouldn't just completely reverse Garou's S-Tier development for comedy...
I don't want to admit it but many changes in this arc had me upset at the direction it's going but this chapter almost sealed the deal for me and made me drop it. But I've been with this series for too many years and hiatuses to quit from one chapter. ONE and Murata, please make my lack of faith look stupid in the future.

czkbn2mvmbe81.jpg
stolen from reddit

No but seriously, Garou was so god damn out-of-character. Like. If he needed to team up with Metal Bat for a second to save innocent bystanders, I'd get it. But he barely gets any actual help from him and, until further evidence suggests otherwise, is far above Metal Bat, not only that, but he's still working with him even after the humans escaped and Tareo is nowhere near the battlefield right now. So in other words, Garou is willingly teaming up with a Hero for seemingly no reason when he should realistically be trying to fight both at once. It makes no sense at all. Like, did ONE and Murata forget what Garou did as a Hero Hunter, when his resolve should've been weaker than it is right now? He literally maimed and crippled far weaker Hero's who were just doing their jobs because he felt like it. And Metal Bat casually deflecting an attack from Sage Centipede just feels wrong for several reasons.

I liked the Saitama section and some of the beginning, but everything that happened after Metal Bat first got involved (besides Saitama stuff) was just not good imo.

No but seriously, Garou was so god damn out-of-character. Like. If he needed to team up with Metal Bat for a second to save innocent bystanders, I'd get it. But he barely gets any actual help from him and, until further evidence suggests otherwise, is far above Metal Bat, not only that, but he's still working with him even after the humans escaped and Tareo is nowhere near the battlefield right now. So in other words, Garou is willingly teaming up with a Hero for seemingly no reason when he should realistically be trying to fight both at once. It makes no sense at all. Like, did ONE and Murata forget what Garou did as a Hero Hunter, when his resolve should've been weaker than it is right now? He literally maimed and crippled far weaker Hero's who were just doing their jobs because he felt like it. And Metal Bat casually deflecting an attack from Sage Centipede just feels wrong for several reasons.

I liked the Saitama section and some of the beginning, but everything that happened after Metal Bat first got involved (besides Saitama stuff) was just not good imo.
Same. I don't know why ONE is approving this stuff, he must not be focusing on OPM too much right now. I can only hope that there is a grand plan and that there is some thought behind this characterization that doesn't involve directly undoing everything about Garou that makes the character great. That or it gets redrawn.

I don't want to admit it but many changes in this arc had me upset at the direction it's going but this chapter almost sealed the deal for me and made me drop it. But I've been with this series for too many years and hiatuses to quit from one chapter. ONE and Murata, please make my lack of faith look stupid in the future.
Yeah, the ending of the MA arc in the webcomic was so good, I end up going back to reread it every few months. It manages to be funny without explicitly creating weird, corny gags. It uses the badassery, personality, and power of the characters to make you laugh rather than whatever the hell the manga is doing right now. The entrances in the webcomic were also so much more impactful. And every single line was legendary...

Like, man... The dialogue from Garou in the webcomic was so hilariously edgy, yet amazing at the same time. He also talked WAY more than in the manga. And Garou is at his best when he's talking because he ***** on everyone and that's easily one of the best parts of the MA arc for me. It seems like no one in the world could do anything cause he just talks down on them before obliterating them in every way possible.

Speaking of, his actions were also way better. Him kicking the ass out of everyone is still my favorite part in the entire webcomic, and man does the manga not do it justice. In the webcomic, he's so quick as he humiliates every single hero, and it really makes the God Slayer fist seem like some impenetrable, peak martial art, because nobody can do shit to it. While in the manga it ends up just looking like a minor buff.

I could go on and on about why I feel the same way, but I think I should stop before I write an essay...

I feel the same, even Saitama surfing the aircraft carrier, while comical, was pretty ******* cool, but then Garou and Metal Bat started their banter, and the chapter just deflated at that point.

Garou didn't say anything to the World News either, he just made an ugly, comical face and pushed the helicopter away.

This could have been the perfect opportunity for Garou to show himself as a God-level threat, but I guess he isn't even pretending anymore, he wants to be a hero.

Uh, when did this happen-
On this page. It's not necessarily casual, but it's MB sending back the pincer like an afterthought. Metal Bat contending with a monster stronger than Platinum Sperm gets less focus than him and Garou having a silly argument.

Also I hate how Suiryu told us: "hey guys, don't be afraid of Garou, he's not a real killer" while the entire webcomic resolution tried to convince us that Garou had finally embraced monsterization and was willing to kill a couple heroes/let ENW kill them, etc. Is this no longer Garou's arc? If Suiryu had been scared by Garou's killing intent (and Garou had not looked like a clown on national TV) it would have done more for me. If Suiryu and MB can see through Garou's act, who is going to be convinced?

If that internal tension is going to be pushed aside, it almost makes you think they might make Garou into an outright anti-hero in this arc because Bang got through to him in his fight and they'll turn in a pure brawl with an unambiguously evil guy like "God".

And then there's Metal Bat literally saying that Garou is more normal and sane than he was as a Hero Hunter. Which makes so little ******* sense it's kinda driving me crazy. Garou is literally trying to become a genuine Monster, one who needs to bring terror and chaos upon the entire world. And yet Metal Bat himself thinks that Garou is nicer than he was when he was fully human? Like, ???????????????????? ONE? Murata? Is Murata getting orders from an imposter now?

Garoy always wanted to be a hero so his character now makes sense. Somethings likely going to happen which will cause him to because darker until Saitama puts him back In his place.
Well, but the resolution being this easy for him? Bang was far less psychopathic in chasing his goals, but he had to get decisively beat down to get that shaken out of him. Why would TTM, Metal Bat, and all the other heroes he mercilessly beat up, crippled and deprived of their limbs as a hero hunter not convince him to strike a straighter path to justice, but being woken up by Bang and having a flashback does? I'm so confused and hope this isn't the direction we're going

I'm still hoping for Tareo to die so that Garou goes completely insane and becomes the Incarnation of Evil.
Having Tareo die because of some of the heroes being distracted or terrified of the monsters would be the only way that I can see Garou get his wc mindset back. They can even make it a fake-out with the helicopter being a fake made by one of the scientist to distract EOW or another villain.

Also, Saitama Vs. Garou is totally gonna get the time it needs and not be rushed with mid-tier Murata art!

I hate to admit it, but yeah, Murata is going too fast. Yes, the chapters are absolutely stunning, and it's absolutely crazy how he's able to draw such great art in this little time. And yes, there's that occasional double-panel that is perfect every way. But if you compare Murata's artwork now to what it was before... It doesn't hold a candle. There are multiple panels where I think he should've spent a bit more time on, and his usage of shading lately has been a little shaky.

I mean, just go back and look at Boros vs Saitama, or the Deep Sea King arc, or the Meteor Arc. It doesn't even seem like the same artist drew those scenes at this point. I know I said the opposite of this a while ago, but I'm starting to see what people mean.

I'm not 100% sure if it's just because he's going so fast, but if it is, I'd really prefer him to slow down.

My theory is Amai mask being the menace he is, is gonna pop up after metal bat is taken out and mentally dismantle Garou and make him go berserk again. Amai mask gets taken out, EOW comes back from the “dead” and Saitama smacks him after EOW comes up from behind Saitama and Garou senses EOW killing intent. And that’s when Saitama vs Garou begins.

Well, but the resolution being this easy for him? Bang was far less psychopathic in chasing his goals, but he had to get decisively beat down to get that shaken out of him. Why would TTM, Metal Bat, and all the other heroes he mercilessly beat up, crippled and deprived of their limbs as a hero hunter not convince him to strike a straighter path to justice, but being woken up by Bang and having a flashback does? I'm so confused and hope this isn't the direction we're going
Because he had finally become the perfect monster, he had achieved his goal only for Saitama to show up and stop him. He even referred to him as the world's "unfairness" lol. Garou was never really evil just took a misguided direction with his strength which Bang points out.

I went to reread the webcomic and man, this chapter was a complete kick in the ass compared to the Garou there, I really don't know what they're going to do from now on, but I'm sure it will be almost impossible to insert this comic Garou with the scary and webcomic oppressor
Yeah I reread it just now as well, and the difference is even worse than I thought... The webcomic is so good...

On the bright side, Murata must have heard the guys who were telling me that "OPM is trash compared to verses like One Piece outside of the god tiers" and he's giving feats that prove exactly the opposite, going as far to buff guys like MB to darn near Yonko level.

I don't understand why you guys don't like the latest chapter, I don't think there's anything wrong with the latest chapter, Garou is not a real monster he's just an ordinary human pretending to be a monster, of course he won't act like an evil real monster, we shouldn't expect Garou to be evil because there is nothing that supports Garou to be evil

Aside from Garou being comical, I also don't like FTL Metal Bat... It would be quite of a shock if Metal Bat really stood on equal ground with Garou and destroyed SC next chapter. The scaling is a mess.

I don't understand why you guys don't like the latest chapter, I don't think there's anything wrong with the latest chapter, Garou is not a real monster he's just an ordinary human pretending to be a monster, of course he won't act like an evil real monster, we shouldn't expect Garou to be evil because there is nothing that supports Garou to be evil
It's easier to just say read the webcomic to understand. I would be here all day if I explain why Garou's characterization in this chapter is doodoo.

go read the webcomic, and then come back here.

if you still think that this chapter holds up in any conceivable way, then I think you're taste is just very... bad. In the nicest way possible.

I hate to admit it, but yeah, Murata is going too fast. Yes, the chapters are absolutely stunning, and it's absolutely crazy how he's able to draw such great art in this little time. And yes, there's that occasional double-panel that is perfect every way. But if you compare Murata's artwork now to what it was before... It doesn't hold a candle. There are multiple panels where I think he should've spent a bit more time on, and his usage of shading lately has been a little shaky.

I mean, just go back and look at Boros vs Saitama, or the Deep Sea King arc, or the Meteor Arc. It doesn't even seem like the same artist drew those scenes at this point. I know I said the opposite of this a while ago, but I'm starting to see what people mean.

I'm not 100% sure if it's just because he's going so fast, but if it is, I'd really prefer him to slow down.
I don't completely mind an exchange in quality for speed. I think it should be a mix. Murata is trying too hard to get the chapters out quickly. But I think it's better than waiting up to months at a time like it used to be, regardless. I kind of like Murata specifically drawing certain pages with very high quality while most of the rest are average for his current level. But when it comes to Garou Vs. Saitama, I'd genuinely want him to take a bare minimum of a month for each chapter it has. If not multiple months for one gigantic chapter, but that's unlikely. No matter what specific direction he goes in that regard, Saitama Vs. Garou absolutely cannot be rushed. It would still look good even if Murata held this same schedule for it, but it shouldn't just be good, it should be the best art Murata has made for the manga, or at least close to it, because of the narrative impact it has.

He was never genuinely evil, but he was very much a bad person. This Garou isn't a Monster, a villain, or a bad guy at all. He's just a Hero with an attitude problem in this chapter.

The original Garou is a Hero Hunter who brutally beat and CRIPPLED multiple innocent people because he doesn't like them.

go read the webcomic, and then come back here.

if you still think that this chapter holds up in any conceivable way, then I think you're taste is just very... bad. In the nicest way possible.
I've read the webcomic, and of course you can't equate Garou in the webcomic with the tonari version because basically they are developed differently, in fact current Garou is much better in terms of character than the one in the webcomic, because Garou now has two personalities, does not rule out the possibility his evil personality will take over him later

I've read the webcomic, and of course you can't equate Garou in the webcomic with the tonari version because basically they are developed differently, in fact current Garou is much better in terms of character than the one in the webcomic, because Garou now has two personalities, does not rule out the possibility his evil personality will take over him later
Two personalities defeats the entire purpose of his arc. Not even including his webcomic self.

Also, Garou and his webcomic were pretty much one-to-one in likeness until Bang vs Garou happened.

Back