• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
garou gonna either get played by god in a way and turns edgy or Tareo gonna get killed but it'd be a fake out for him to go edgy and all evil(maybe heroes prioritizing the asshole rich kid instead after an accident which triggers garou even more about heroes) until the end of the arc where Tareo appears after someone (a hero probably, maybe saitama going so fast no one see's him and they assume tareo is dead) saved him . which would honestly make a lot of sense now that i am thinking about it . if tareo do appear at the end to save garou after this happening it would i think be more meaningful than the WC one.

on the down side we might not get the garou threatening to kill the ugly kid or just change the kid to the rich asshole one

I disagree slightly. I kind of think the quality dipped when the heroes that HE and Fuhrer attacked where still alive.

I have nothing out for them as characters, but it's a little too ridiculous even for OPM that they're alive.

I also liked how in the webcomic only Saitama could easily tell Garou was bluffing, even calling Garou a guy in a funny suit. It sorta adds to Saitama being able to read people very well.
Yea and everyone else thought Garou's bluffs were true or Garou was bluffing because he is evil and wants to throw off the heroes.

"
There are multiple complaints that the manga has "ruined" Garou's character, and how he is a "gag" character, how he isn't the absolute evil that he should be (?), how there's lack of stakes, etc. I will be addressing all of these complaints in this one post.

To start, for the complaints about the lack of stakes; that's the point. Saitama being there fully evaporates any stakes that any monster would have and the story is actively making fun of this fact, which it has always done. If you don't like the lack of stakes here then you shouldn't like that Saitama was introduced this early from the start.

Garou teaming up with Metal Bat is perfectly in character as well. Garou stopped fighting Metal Bat because a child did so, and Garou literally saw Metal Bat protecting Tareo, which is obviously the most important person to him currently. It would be out of character for Garou to prioritize hunting Metal Bat when he literally saw Metal Bat was willing to protect the most important person to him. I feel that people conveniently leaving this part out.

For the complaints that SC and ENO ended up being useless; do you not realize what manga you're reading? Beefcake, Vaccine Man, Carnage Kabuto etc. all got the same treatment.

And lastly, Garou's character. Seriously, the amount of people thinking Garou was going to become an absolute evil is baffling. There have been countless hints, even straight up entire scenes showing that Garou isn't this evil monster he's out to be. He straight up protected civilians in dine and dash, he stopped fighting when a little child told him to, he stopped fighting Darkshine when he had flashbacks of bullying, he went up against monsters and heroes alike trying to protect a child. He is NOT supposed to be a human monster. He is NOT supposed to be a villain. His entire character arc is that it's all a facade because in truth he wants to become a hero. The point of the light hearted scenes, is again, to satirize this. This could all be accomplished without the goofy faces, which I agree shouldn't be there, but that doesn't mean the idea is bad. For the people complaining that the stakes aren't like the webcomic: That's only because Saitama wasn't there like Saitama is here currently. If you notice the moment Saitama arrived the story treated it like a comedy scene; the S-Class ignoring Saitama just like Garou is ignoring Metal Bat. And that's the point.

The point of this chapter is to set up Garou's eventual fight with the S-Class, and to set up something happening to Tareo. The light-hearted stakes here is only meant to set up the dark-hearted stakes we'll eventually get when Garou's human side will begin to cover up and it really seems like he'll become a monster, only making it more impactful when the S-Class and Saitama goes up against him, and the S-Class calling for his death. And finally, this is to bring in the comedy and the parody that OPM was originally, that the latest chapters seem to have a lack of."

Found this on Reddit. Pretty good take on the current chapter.

"
There are multiple complaints that the manga has "ruined" Garou's character, and how he is a "gag" character, how he isn't the absolute evil that he should be (?), how there's lack of stakes, etc. I will be addressing all of these complaints in this one post.

To start, for the complaints about the lack of stakes; that's the point. Saitama being there fully evaporates any stakes that any monster would have and the story is actively making fun of this fact, which it has always done. If you don't like the lack of stakes here then you shouldn't like that Saitama was introduced this early from the start.

Garou teaming up with Metal Bat is perfectly in character as well. Garou stopped fighting Metal Bat because a child did so, and Garou literally saw Metal Bat protecting Tareo, which is obviously the most important person to him currently. It would be out of character for Garou to prioritize hunting Metal Bat when he literally saw Metal Bat was willing to protect the most important person to him. I feel that people conveniently leaving this part out.

For the complaints that SC and ENO ended up being useless; do you not realize what manga you're reading? Beefcake, Vaccine Man, Carnage Kabuto etc. all got the same treatment.

And lastly, Garou's character. Seriously, the amount of people thinking Garou was going to become an absolute evil is baffling. There have been countless hints, even straight up entire scenes showing that Garou isn't this evil monster he's out to be. He straight up protected civilians in dine and dash, he stopped fighting when a little child told him to, he stopped fighting Darkshine when he had flashbacks of bullying, he went up against monsters and heroes alike trying to protect a child. He is NOT supposed to be a human monster. He is NOT supposed to be a villain. His entire character arc is that it's all a facade because in truth he wants to become a hero. The point of the light hearted scenes, is again, to satirize this. This could all be accomplished without the goofy faces, which I agree shouldn't be there, but that doesn't mean the idea is bad. For the people complaining that the stakes aren't like the webcomic: That's only because Saitama wasn't there like Saitama is here currently. If you notice the moment Saitama arrived the story treated it like a comedy scene; the S-Class ignoring Saitama just like Garou is ignoring Metal Bat. And that's the point.

The point of this chapter is to set up Garou's eventual fight with the S-Class, and to set up something happening to Tareo. The light-hearted stakes here is only meant to set up the dark-hearted stakes we'll eventually get when Garou's human side will begin to cover up and it really seems like he'll become a monster, only making it more impactful when the S-Class and Saitama goes up against him, and the S-Class calling for his death. And finally, this is to bring in the comedy and the parody that OPM was originally, that the latest chapters seem to have a lack of."

I agree with u 3000%

"

yo some actual sense being posted in this thread

man i'm glad replying to long posts auto minimizes it, and doesn't show the whole thing

Speaking of Tareo…
Scenario: EOW/SC somehow damage the heli and it’s being sent down, Saitama FTE everyone and gets them to safety. Garou thinks he’s dead, and rages.

How did Drive Knight find out about this when even Black Sperm or other cadres didn't know?
unknown.png

oh ok, for a moment after reading your comment I thought "but Gyoro Gyoro" then I remembered everyone in the MA wants to kill each other, Psykos wouldn't risk losing a cadre like that
also the possibility that ESP sensing would only really sense whatever energy he's using, and thus just label him as super strong in general, while Drive Knight doesn't have mystical psychic sensing, so just is able to focus on the body and only make the observations of "uses a light/energy to attack"

"

Laughably terrible take

"

I agree 100%. I understand why people might be a bit disappointed in this chapter, I was too. But for the most part people seem to ignore bits and pieces here and there in the story that put up Garou as a human being with virtues, not a full-on monster.

"

Heavily disagree with this one.

Saitama hasn't been the most narratively important character in a long time, and he barely had any relevance this chapter aside from a few specific pages, so I'm not sure what OP's point was here. People are kind of stuck in the past, saying things like "This is One Punch Man" to emphasize a point really doesn't work because of how drastically this story has changed. People are treating it like the same story it was in season 1 when that really couldn't be further from the truth. The entire plot and focus is utterly different from how it was pre-Garou.

"Garou teaming up with Metal Bat is perfectly in character" Yeah no, that is flat out blatantly wrong. Garou stopped fighting Metal Bat because he didn't want to hurt or traumatize an innocent child, that doesn't mean anything lol. Zenko isn't here and he should still despise Heroes. In-character Garou would beat down Metal Bat to the point where he can't stand again. Metal Bat didn't protect Tareo, he protected a news helicopter which Garou could have defended by himself, and again, how is this relevant to Garou's view on Metal Bat? Almost any Hero would do the same thing. He thinks Heroes are selfish delusional hypocrites, not villains, lol.

"do you not realize what manga you're reading?" This goes back to my earlier point. One Punch Man is NOT the same story it once was. Monster's have actual narrative importance and can be relevant to the story, it isn't as basic as them getting built up just for Saitama to come in and one-shot them again. Because if it was like that still, One Punch Man would get very boring. The same joke isn't gonna be funny forever. Although I don't mind EOW getting taken out by Saitama. Don't misunderstand. I think the use of EOW is fine in this chapter, although he should've done more earlier as just ENW. SC on the other hand is getting treated like a joke, and Saitama isn't even doing anything to him. Metal Bat casually deflecting an attack from SC as easily as Garou is just stupid.

Barely anyone is saying Garou is supposed to genuinely be evil or something. Lol. Literally everyone knows Garou doesn't hurt innocent people. The point is that he loathes Heroes and wants to beat the shit out of them, and yet is teaming up with Metal Bat for no actual reasoning. Not only that, he isn't even being that aggressive to Metal Bat, either, despite the other hitting and threatening him. "stopped fighting Darkshine" He temporarily backed away because it looked like Darkshine was getting bullied by him, and then he started feeling pain from his transformation, he almost definitely would've kept going. "NOT supposed to be a villain" As I mentioned multiple times, he ruthlessly beat and crippled multiple Heroes just doing their job. Yes, Garou is a villain, that is undeniable. Again, Saitama being here has no relevance on how serious it can or should be. There can and arguably should be satire when Saitama is actually on-screen, but he only showed up in not even 10 pages, yet the entire chapter was light-hearted and completely devoid of any seriousness at all.

The last thing is just speculation.

The MB and Garou team up also feels forced when you think about Garou being literally FTL. There is no reason for Garou to not instantly blitz SC (because EOW is "dead") and scare away the helicopter then destroy SC with his massive speed advantage.

Inb4 the entire story after the city twist has just been Garou dreaming while dying underneath the base, eventually reaching the disenthrallment of his soul and emerging as a true monster, ready to face the Cadres and S class at the same time.
That would be metal as **** ngl

Back