• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
What is everyone's top 5 OPM chapters and why? Very interested to see your responses.
No particular order. Have some shitty summaries that I shortened because they got too long.

• Chapter 1: Perfectly sets up the story. It's short and simple, and shows everything the show will be out. The art is great, the humor is good. And like I said, it shows what the premise of the story will be about and what to basically expect
  • Chapter 36: Boros vs Saitama. Can't be the only guy rooting for Boros? Like I was like "COME ON BOROS LET'S GO" During his big CSRC moment till I remembered this was the Saitama show. Really brings harkens back to the point of Garou rooting for the villains. Now we're the ones rooting for the villains
  • Chapter 81: Shows that despite being a rough loner, Garou is unwilling to out the likes of a child in danger. While the heroes don't care, as they're only fighting Garou for recognition. The fight itself is amazing, showing the teamwork of the heroes and Garou being backed to a wall, and it's gives us a look of how good a fighter Garou is. Plus Tareo and Garou have a really nice moment together.
  • Chapter 118: Drive Knight is so ******* cool.
  • Chapter 27: Show mumen rider's strength as a character and his determination, and draws the line between him and all the other heroes.

Last edited:
What is everyone's top 5 OPM chapters and why? Very interested to see your responses.
Boros Vs Saitama is an all time favorite in series. I watched it after waiting a week and it was amazing.

No order after that

The original phoenixman fight

Drive knight vs Nyan

Seeing Garou fight Genos was nice

Probably flash vs garou vs Plat. May not be much visually but the impact was nice and animation will be dope.

They say your average author for shounen jump has it rough having to put out 17 pages or so weekly.
Meanwhile Murata with no deadlines puts out more than 17 weekly pages with double spread panel, superb art and colored pages, and while some might say it's easier for him because he doesn't have to write the story keep in mind he and one are always discussing plot points story progression and new additions.

My Top 5:
  • Chapter 36 (The Power of Boros): Probably the most iconic scenes in the entire series. The second half of Saitama vs Boros has some of the best artwork in the entire manga and the most serious Saitama we've seen thus far. Seeing the power of these two beings always puts a smile on my face.
  • Chapter 92 (Manhole): One of the best fights in the entire series so far. Garou vs Orochi is absolutely beautiful, and a thrill to read. Every page is a 10/10. From the disgustingly cool artwork of Orochi to the amazing depiction of Garou's martial arts.
  • Chapter 153/154 (Forfeit): One of the most hype chapters ever. It had Bang vs Garou. Crazy God Panels. Garou vs Cadres. Funny Hellfire canon scene. Platinum Sperm Awakening Scene.
  • Chapter 27 (Since It's Raining): Mumen Rider's chapter. One of the most inspiring chapters in the manga. I love the determination and will of Mumen. Not much else to say.
  • Chapter 156 (Divine Retribution): Another one of the most hype chapters ever. Platinum vs Garou. More God. More Blast. Blast Team. New God Tiers. Preparation for amazing fights to come.

Hot take(valid take in other words): Amai Mask is the most looked down upon character who i personally think can contend with alot of high tiers.

Also think this was talked about but the Blast that meet Amai could very well be god.

Hot take (valid take in other words): Amai Mask is being done dirty in the manga and I don't know if ONE/Murata can make his arc as impactful because of the changes.
I feel like from an anime only watcher perspective, poor manga/wc readers, this amai route is better since you got the ominous and suspicious behavior with the veins and stuff, interaction with blast, being weak to ugly stuff, and getting his balls torn apart. Then he suddenly pulls off the clown fight feat.

To be honest, I believe Tank Top Master grew stronger during the MA arc. He withstood briefly Gums' jaws, which were able to hurt Genos and Fuhrer Ugly. The tank top army mention he has been wearing a different tank top lately, and even TTM himself mentions that he feels his tank top tightening after watching Tatsumaki's spear throw. This is backed up by the webcomic, where he wears a tank top that makes him stronger due to the pressure it exerts on him.

I feel like from an anime only watcher perspective, poor manga/wc readers, this amai route is better since you got the ominous and suspicious behavior with the veins and stuff, interaction with blast, being weak to ugly stuff, and getting his balls torn apart. Then he suddenly pulls off the clown fight feat.
He had enough ominous behavior in the wc but the manga just kinda beats you over the head that he's a monster and only that's about all we get from him in it besides the Blast scene (which is cool). But he's a certified badass in the webcomic that's present for most of the battles against the cadres and proves that he isn't just an overconfident dick but in the manga all he did against the cadres is thought about killing the heroes without them looking and then getting EE after being ripped apart.

Over 70 feet tall Darkshine

xUzhECO.jpeg

You guys ever notice how Saitama acknowledged Boros as the best but doesn't even realize Orochi was the monster king? He grouped Orochi with the other monsters he's encountered in the MA.

I also like how Saitama says “maybe”. He doesn’t even know if Boros was the strongest ever. He can’t tell.

Iirc, Viz translation is just trying to go for a kid friendly approach with their translation. I don't think it's necessarily that their translations are wrong. Otherwise...their site wouldn't exist lol.

Vib translations are better to read, but Viz is still the official translations I'm pretty sure.

Back