• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Idk. But the speed of the shockwave doesn't necessarily equal the movement speed of the clouds, and we only see a ring-shaped shockwave that does nothing, not the blast wave itself.

On this note, why don't we at least divide the result by 3 for the manga? We hear several sound effects, and the clouds are in ring formations. They could have easily been moved by 1 blow, moved even further by another, and moved to their final position by the third blow. If they're all occurring around the same place, then they logically wouldn't assume a different shape.

Idk. But the speed of the shockwave doesn't necessarily equal the movement speed of the clouds, and we only see a ring-shaped shockwave that does nothing, not the blast wave itself.

On this note, why don't we at least divide the result by 3 for the manga? We hear several sound effects, and the clouds are in ring formations. They could have easily been moved by 1 blow, moved even further by another, and moved to their final position by the third blow. If they're all occurring around the same place, then they logically wouldn't assume a different shape.
And thus, in our attempt to upgrade the verse, we have just initiated yet another downgrade.

but uh, yeah, that is a fair point ngl.

I think you might be confusing the manga continuity with the anime, because they differ in that, too. There's only one sfx before the shockwave in the manga, so unless we're going for the anime timeline the attack is just one strike. The three other attacks from Gouketsu come two pages later.

I explicitly said 'for the manga', so I'm not mixing anything up.

Also, we don't see this one strike affect the clouds in the anime, so you cannot possibly say it's just one strike. More are heard after.

I explicitly said 'for the manga', so I'm not mixing anything up.

Also, we don't see this one strike affect the clouds in the anime, so you cannot possibly say it's just one strike. More are heard after.
Yes, I agree. I'm saying that there's one "SMASH" sound effect before the cloud split is shown in the manga (pg.30), no more, no less. Two pages after the cloud split is shown, we get three sound effects in the same panel (pg.32)- smack, crack and stomp. Then on the next page we have a pause and only particularly loud "SMACK" (pg.33) which is immediately followed by Gouketsu's severed head.

In the anime, I count 8 separate smack noises in the Goketsu sequence before one pronounced smack and Gouketsu's head comes flying, but the 'cloud split' is only a large shockwave like others have said.

It probably looks less loud because we're seeing it from beyond the stadium.

Also, we still don't see the shockwave do anything in the anime, so it's really null and void.

Oh my God. What is this?

Why did you take as the timeframe the time during which the Master fell? Why do you think that the explosion traveled the entire distance before the Master fell, and not later? This is a jerk off to increase speed.

But this is only half the trouble.

2THSfw9qJ90.jpg

Do you really think that the distance between the ball and the Fuehrer is 1.5 meters? Seriously? REALLY? Just stand somewhere and use a ruler, place it in front of you, trace a distance of 1.5 meters. And realize that, according to your calculation, this is exactly the distance between the Fuehrer and the Ball. Now imagine that the Fuhrer managed to run to the left by 9 meters before the ball was 1.5 meters.

LInfh3KNKtI.jpg

This is complete nonsense, it requires recalculation.

It's even more like the Fuehrer escaped before the Emperor fired. Yes, he managed to jump back a moment before the ball hit him, and this is hypersonic speed. But not thousands of Machs, and it’s impossible to count, it’s easier to scale to past heroes.

Also, I'm starting to think that Garou's feat with his perception of time is also a jerk off, later I will try to recount it.

Garou's statement is too vague to raise it to the 500 sound speed level.

Oh my God. What is this?

Why did you take as the timeframe the time during which the Master fell? Why do you think that the explosion traveled the entire distance before the Master fell, and not later? This is a jerk off to increase speed.

But this is only half the trouble.

Do you really think that the distance between the ball and the Fuehrer is 1.5 meters? Seriously? REALLY? Just stand somewhere and use a ruler, place it in front of you, trace a distance of 1.5 meters. And realize that, according to your calculation, this is exactly the distance between the Fuehrer and the Ball. Now imagine that the Fuhrer managed to run to the left by 9 meters before the ball was 1.5 meters.

This is complete nonsense, it requires recalculation.
To me, an even more egregious element of this calculation is that we're scaling the speed of the explosion to the energy sphere itself.

It's like saying C-4 is Hypersonic+ because its detonation velocity is 8 km/s.

I say we just drop it outright.

NOOOO. All this time, was Genos's blast level on par with Large Town for evaporation? I've always thought for destruction. It's disgusting. I have never trusted vaporization.

The building of Genus was not vaporized by blast, but destroyed, but for some reason the mountains vaporized. Stupid. Hell, and there’s only 8-A for normal destruction.

You can literally see there's a trench there, and the blackened charred land carries across to the other side of the clearing.

Edit: Should be more clear here. I didn't mean the actual shadow, I meant the discoloured part of the trench next to the shadow, which was the main focus of this photo.

That other one is not better. The size is high-balled massively.

As for why the building was fragmented and the land was vaporized, ask Murata. It's just a manga trope. It even shows up in the first chapter when Vaccine Man pulverizes a lot of land, but buildings are left fragmented.

You can literally see there's a trench there, and the blackened charred land carries across to the other side of the clearing.

Edit: Should be more clear here. I didn't mean the actual shadow, I meant the discoloured part of the trench next to the shadow, which was the main focus of this photo.
I don't see anything here

The size is high-balled massively. As for why the building was fragmented and the land was vaporized, ask Murata.
No. The explosion just didn't vaporize the mountain, so the building didn't vaporize. Some steam may have created some of the surface from the temperature, but this does not mean that it has evaporated 100% of the stone.

Look at the trench near the middle of the panel. It's just under the puff of steam/fire.

Clearly the explosion that took out the building was not the same one that destroyed the clearing, which is substantiated by the fact that A) the second mountain was destroyed, and B) the crater in the second mountain has very similar shape and angle to the first crater.

I'm not saying the building vaporized, I'm saying the mountain vaporized. My point about Vaccine Man was to show that it's really kind of a trope for buildings to only get fragmented by this kind of damage, whereas rock is obliterated (Roshi's Kamehameha against a mountain is a good example).

Ok, show me substantial fragments of the mountain itself? Not the building, just the mountain. All I could find, anywhere, were a few rocks at the very edge of the crater that were still falling down after the blast had reached the second mountain.

Last edited:
The same beam hit the building and flew right through, then he killed two mountains, that's all. It's just a darkening, shadow, not embers. I say that the mountain could be sprayed (214 jolies per cubic centimeter), and because of the impact power, the pieces flew to the sides, we were not shown the process of destruction, so it could well fly apart.

Via vaporization.

Why would there be embers if it was vaporization? Also, you can see that the ground in the trench is a different colour.

You don't see such a thing happen. You see a massive fireball with the exact same dimensions as the crater engulf the clearing. Plus, if your logic is that the building wasn't vaporized so the mountain wasn't vaporized, then why would every piece of rubble except the significantly lighter broken building be launched?

Last edited:
Now that I think about it, some characters could be scaled to the meteor. I'll elaborate, even if I know you guys will just drop it.

So, Genos is able to calculate the power of the meteor, then he says Gouketsu is probably stronger than Saitama who destroyed the meteor. Of course this is wrong because he compared both with a "seemingly bottomless" power, but he still sees Gouketsu as immeasurable while he could calculate the meteor. Then Post Molt EC is possibly stronger than Gouketsu and AB Bang possibly stronger than Post Molt EC. Bang said Saitama is the strongest person he had seen in his life because of the feat of destroying the meteor. The only thing that avoids circular scaling here is the assumption that Bang was right on Saitama's power while Genos, as he said, couldn't accurately measure him or Gouketsu (Saitama being a higher level of immeasurable), but could calculate the meteor. AB Bang would be able to barely destroy the meteor while Saitama did it with massive ease.

The only contradiction I see is Bang not believing he could stop it.

In fact, there is no cycle of scale.

We compare what Genos says over SEE. He did not read the manga where the main character Saitama, he judges his physical strength by his own achievements, he did not know that Bang with breathing is physically close to the Centipede after molting, after that.

He knows the meteorite is stronger than Bang, but Saitama destroys it very easily. He considers Gouketsu to be Saitama's equal and could not measure his strength, although he could the strength of a meteorite.

Genos just didn't know that Beng with breathing could scale to Centipede after molting. And only after seeing how Centipede tore apart Saitama - he changed his mind.

If the problem is that Bang could not even destroy the meteorite in peak form, then perhaps Bang does not have a high radius of destruction, only penetrating power (Being the level of the City, it creates only shock waves within a radius of 10 meters, and the volume of the destroyed stone pulls only to the level of the building).

Or it's even easier. Genos talked about "Monsters of this level" mean those monsters that can easily defeat him, it is not necessary to be as strong as Gouketsu.

I think the meteor should be durable enough to make Bang break all of his limbs trying to attack it. There were only 9 seconds left before it could crash and turn the entire city into oblivion if Saitama hadn't come, but Bang still didn't even take off his shirt and try using the Total Concentration Breathing technique.

While I'm neutral on the meteor thing, I really think people underestimate how powerful Gouketsu is compared to a lot of other Dragon levels.

Even Suiryu, who broke Bakuzan's toe, said that Saitama would be killed by Gouketsu after seeing him one-shot Bakuzan.

I think the meteor should be durable enough to make Bang break all of his limbs trying to attack it. There were only 9 seconds left before it could crash and turn the entire city into oblivion if Saitama hadn't come, but Bang still didn't even take off his shirt and try using the Total Concentration Breathing technique.
I wanted to say that perhaps he accepted his death, but somehow he reacted too calmly to this and was not at all frightened.

But I disagree that Centipede can scale up to Gouketsu. This would mean that it can cause destruction more than a meteorite hitting the ground, but it cannot.

Gouketsu at least has shockwaves that are close to island level (And would be island level if we were taking an anime timeframe). And that's just a random portion of its shockwaves, residual strength. And the Centipede does not feel like a threat of this level at all.

Back