• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It's officially planet surface in both the manga and the original webcomic.
Also, there is only one databook, unless you are referring to the anime-only Compus guide.
The anime campus guide actually has 4-C instead of 5-B, but High 6-Q made way more sense in context

Most of our translation including the main source material establish the CSRC as a High 6-A attack. Most of raw translations refer to CSRC as High 6-aa

We are not going with 5-B CSRC

Herms, vib, and official sources translate it to planet but you guys translate it to surface and it's not even up for debate?
The anime compus chose to turn a kanji that can mean several things but chose star, when that doesn't match with the original context or the proper Japanese sentence. So just because it's official doesn't mean it's 100 percent right

And again, Manga > The Databook. The Databook is there to provide additional informationinformation, not out main source

The anime compus chose to turn a kanji that can mean several things but chose star, when that doesn't match with the original context or the proper Japanese sentence. So just because it's official doesn't mean it's 100 percent right

And again, Manga > The Databook. The Databook is there to provide additional informationinformation, not out main source
The compus is only canon to the anime. There's nothing really contradicting star but we're not talking about that rn.

Manga is > Databook but the attack never landed, the databook is showing additional information showing its stronger than he thought it was.

I mean it's officially planet in two databooks. Much more credibility in them.
No, it’s not lmao, the thread I linked literally goes over the databook page you’re talking about and came to the conclusion of it being planet surface destruction and not entire planet destruction.

No, it’s not lmao, the thread I linked literally goes over the databook page you’re talking about and came to the conclusion of it being planet surface destruction and not entire planet destruction.
The thread is 3 years old, which is why I think we should revisit it with the new information.

My databook is the same as Quan's. It also says their battle makes the stars tremble.
The databook in Japanese used hoshi, which means reflective celestial body. A better translation would be that they made the planet tremble. Unless you assume they're randomly 4-B or 4-A now.

Kep's post on that thread is just straight forward, we gotta move on from this particular discussion

The databook in Japanese used hoshi, which means reflective celestial body. A better translation would be that they made the planet tremble. Unless you assume they're randomly 4-B or 4-A now.
That's like a Low 6-B feat right ? Doesn't matter that much for Saitama, but it could be a good addition to Boros' as a support feat

It would have been fun if they came up with unique Baki/Kenichi/Hokuto no ken techniques for these martial arts, but i admit it sucks we never truly see Garou use these martial arts by themselves at least once (Specially pressure point killer fist, since it seems like something out of hokuto no ken).

Garou does use pressure points, but as far as i know they are related to WSRSF, or at least are never alluded to be a unique technique from anything else.

I hope that they make him start cycling between all those martial arts when Garou fully goes all out against an opponent he can't beat during the Saitama fight, like, showering him with pressure point strikes, spamming multiple martial art amps and after images, using secret chi manipulation techniques, grappling moves, that sort of stuff.
If we got some "Garou Gaiden" manga of his dojo hunt and saw the masters who taught him these martial arts and his fights with them it would also be a fine way of showcasing the martial arts.

That's like a Low 6-B feat right ?
Probably.

Same one technically, but another source of credibility. Is every case on this site open and shut permanently or something?

The CSRC in the written works

On a normal read through of the manga and webcomic you'll come across two similar but different translations of the same speech; Manga / Webcomic

So why is that? Does the source material have different dialogue? The answer is no: Manga / Webcomic

In both sources Boros says:
全エネルギーを放ち貴様もろとも星の表面を消し飛ばしてやろう
The important bits are two fold
  • もろとも
  • 星の表面
What do they mean?
  • もろとも means "together with" or "together". In other words Boros is clarifying that his energy attack will destroy both Saitama (貴様) and the Earth
The bigger one is this though 星の表面
  • 星. If you type this symbol in most sources they'll say that this means star, but that isn't really true. It means heavenly body or reflective celestial body. Most of the time IRL its only used for a star, but in fiction its regularly used as a generic term for a planet. For example Frieza calls Namek "星" and Vegeta calls Earth "星", because to them its just a generic planet
  • の is a indication of a possession. As in his car, their dog, or your skin
  • 表面 means surface or exterior
So to sum it up the Webcomic and Manga say the same thing and that thing is "I will fire all of my energy to blow away you and the surface of this planet"

The Databook

In the off chance you're not familiar here's the databook page in Japanese. The raw text is this
  • それは地球を破滅させる消魂の一撃だった
Now the key phrase here, which is where the issues come from, is
  • 破滅させる
The above phrase if you look it up, means destroy. In fact if you were a translator I'm entirely confident that anyone would translate it as destroy unless you're super into the context. The issue here though, is what version of destroy 破滅させる refers to. Here's a list of sentences that use the phrase and more sentences with just the kanji itself.

In other words, the kanji means destroy but in the sense of "Global Warming will destroy the Earth" rather than "The Death Star can destroy the Earth". The words are the same in both sentences, but the meaning of destroy is different. Global Warming is incapable of actually destroying the Earth, it will just damage the surface of the planet or cause great harm to it. The Death Star can physically just blow it up.

Destroy is a proper translation. Its just destroy in the figurative sense of the word, not the literal sense.

Hmmm I get that it can be translated in multiple ways, and I understand now there's no changing how this site views Csrc. However, is it really fair to say that surface is the only correct translation Qawsed?

However, is it really fair to say that surface is the only correct translation Qawsed?
For the manga/webcomic there's no other way to translate it other than surface wiping. The Boros explicitly mentions just the planet's surface.

For the manga/webcomic there's no other way to translate it other than surface wiping. The Boros explicitly mentions just the planet's surface.
I was referring to the databook. I know he says surface. But all I can do now is respect everyone's opinion and wait until one releases at statement or something similar.

The raw Databook also translates to surface busting. And I doubt ONE is going to suddenly reason Boris from High 6-S to 5-B just for the sake of it

A new guide or Databook is always possible, Naruto had like 4, but not only we need something new, we also need a new statement for it, so I wouldn't raise my expectations

High 6-A is a far more interesting Tier, at least

I hope it buffs Psykos and Tatsumaki
Please, anything but that, they already make the S Class and the Dragons look like a bunch of fools and that's not a good thing

If I could pick one, it would be a small speed upgrade for some of the S Class, like Bang and Atomic Samurai

Back