• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Do we just disregard the feat then and scale full power Orochi to Homeless Emperor? I can't go along with that if so.

The feat is as legit as any other super powerful attack Saitama completely disrespected, there's nothing narratively or power-scaling to invalidate it. It'd be like saying Beefcake doesn't scale to his crater feat because Saitama treated it like a joke. In any other manga the attack would have gotten the treatment you're looking for, but this Saitama and the feat plays second fiddle to the fact that A) Orochi's dog was being too loud and B) his parents never taught him manners.
I never said forget the feat, I meant narratively it doesn't feel necessary. Powerscaling wise I'm all for it

Also, thoughts about Saitama being harmed by water or magma (whatever you believe)?

Trollface_smiling.gif

Genuinely curious though, why did alot of people get the idea that Boros was the end all be all for all monsters and that he stomps everyone (besides Garou) below him?

Of course ik this site doesn't just scale Boros above everybody without reason but I'm genuinely curious why lots of people think ONE intended Boros to have to be stronger than 99% of the series.

Genuinely curious though, why did alot of people get the idea that Boros was the end all be all for all monsters and that he stomps everyone (besides Garou) below him?

Of course ik this site doesn't just scale Boros above everybody without reason but I'm genuinely curious why lots of people think ONE intended Boros to have to be stronger than 99% of the series.
Implied to be near God level (highest disaster level in the series), surprised Saitama on multiple occasions, genuinely impressed him, made Saitama get serious, is far above his three generals who are all Dragon's, has one of the most impressive feats in the series (moon kick) and would destroy the Earth's surface with his final attack (although unfortunately that "feat" is obviously very vague).

If High 6-B end gets accepted then Orochi could potentially fight against One Piece god tiers (since they have hax it should balance it out)

Saitama got hurt by lava the same way we would get hurt by bathwater being a little too hot. It’s definitely not on par with weird shit like Krillin getting hurt by bullets despite being 5-B or whatever tier he is

I mean, they definitely did for Boros to be above 99% of characters, but just in an early part of the story.

Also the new Orochi backstory/motive is a bit confusing. Because it's a bit weird that he didn't want to use Garou as a sacrafice.

Implied to be near God level (highest disaster level in the series), surprised Saitama on multiple occasions, genuinely impressed him, made Saitama get serious, is far above his three generals who are all Dragon's, has one of the most impressive feats in the series (moon kick) and would destroy the Earth's surface with his final attack (although unfortunately that "feat" is obviously very vague).
Basically, he's a fan favorite character, and is by far one of the two most hyped villains ever in the series, the other being AG

Saitama got hurt by lava the same way we would get hurt by bathwater being a little too hot. It’s definitely not weird shit like Krillin getting hurt by bullets despite being 5-B or whatever tier he is
Nah man it's totally legit. If Saitama took 10,000 degrees Celsius or higher he'd die.

Trollface_smiling.gif

Because in the webcomic he and Awakened Garou are just that, nobody comes even close to them.
This led to this idea that to ONE they must be untouchable god tiers, idea wich seems to no longer exist in the manga (at least VSB wise), as people feel threatened that orochi/psykorochi might make Boros obsolete and steal his place as god tier or worse, steal Garou's

Because in the webcomic he and Awakened Garou are just that, nobody comes even close to them.
This led to this idea that to ONE they must be untouchable god tiers, idea wich seems to no longer exist in the manga (at least VSB wise), as people feel threatened that orochi/psykorochi might make Boros obsolete and steal his place as god tier or worse, steal Garou's
AG is most certain to be the stroingest monster thus far, as his narrative is him becoming the strongest monster

"feel threatened" "might make Boros obsolete" No one feels "threatened" or is worried about Boros placement. It literally just doesn't make sense narratively for them to be on the level of those 2.

Not to mention it also hurts the ego of the elitism fans who goated about OPM not having "unecessary powercreep" and keeping it's villains and monsters at stable power levels unlike shounens.

Why would he use Garou as a sacrifice?
He wasn’t anywhere near his level.
Orochi didn't imply the rest were on his level did he? Garou being a Mid-Dragon already is enough for Orochi to at least consider him I'd think. Then again maybe not as he'd just use the Cadre's if that was true.

All I'm seeing is that Boros was the strongest Saitama has encountered and will encounter but I don't see a valid reason for why we have to gatekeep other characters from being strong just because Saitama lied to Boros with most of his actions.

I think he used Saitama because he was aware that Gouketsu and Elder Centipede were killed by him, plus he felt his mysterious pressure or something like that.

Back