• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Saitama flies across the universe at absurdly high MFTL+ speeds and throws countless millions of galaxies at Garou, who effortlessly destroys them, commenting that such small objects is no more than house dust to him now.

You know what though guys? Even if you didn't like the redraw, you can't deny that it's overnight revived interest in this thread. We have enough material to keep chatting for weeks.
I liked it. I think it gave Orochi more personality.
Also all I really wanted from the redraws was more Orochi backstory and that's what I got.

fvodtxf7z8e71.jpg

The real prophecy.

On a serious note I think that some of these upgrades aren't really necessary lol, while I doubt Murata was thinking that he was in the process of drawing the strongest attack in the series (besides serious water gun) I feel like apart from shock value it doesn't add much.

If Saitama took the Gaia beam seriously (idk like thinking that the beam would destroy his home) then it would feel alright but it seems a bit random and sad for Orochi to get spiked up in power just to get "magma GG" by Saitama downplaying the attack.

If Psykorochi (or anyone else) gets upgraded (which I personally don't think is necessary) then I hope the attack has some meaning behind it besides just being a bigger cool laser that surprises Tatsumaki.

Oh that reminds me, thoughts about God scaling or "possibly" scaling above Orochi due to being implied as far above him on the "food chain"? 👀

If Psykorochi Vs Tatsumaki gets redrawn then Tatsumaki needs to do her own feat that surpasses the god beam instead of upscaling!!!

On a serious note I think that some of these upgrades aren't really necessary lol, while I doubt Murata was thinking that he was in the process of drawing the strongest attack in the series (besides serious water gun) I feel like apart from shock value it doesn't add much.

If Saitama took the Gaia beam seriously (idk like thinking that the beam would destroy his home) then it would feel alright but it seems a bit random and sad for Orochi to get spiked up in power just to get "magma GG" by Saitama downplaying the attack.

If Psykorochi (or anyone else) gets upgraded (which I personally don't think is necessary) then I hope the attack has some meaning behind it besides just being a bigger cool laser that surprises Tatsumaki.
The one good thing about the jetstream is that Saitama finally has a proper ranged attack.

Minimum as in the least amount I think he would've used? Cause idk. I'm not trying to apply specific numbers to the gap between them. There is still a huge gap, but what I doubt is saying Saitama could deflect CSRC into space by breathing too hard.

This is all reaching deep into speculation and doesn't really effect the actual narrative implications that Boros was someone Saitama considered impressive. And again, Saitama considered Boros a powerful foe whereas he didn't ever comment on Orochi's strength, not even when it comes to the Gaia Cannon, that alone suggests Boros is still meant to be stronger than Orochi even with his most powerful attack.

Just because it puts a cap on his strength doesn't mean it isn't true. Yeah, he could show feats massively above High 6-A or even massively above planet level, but we literally don't know. Boros only said that Saitama was still holding back and that it wasn't a real fight, that doesn't mean he thinks Saitama was a million times stronger than him. Even a 10x difference can create a one-sided mismatch.

Yet Boros genuinely surprised Saitama on multiple occasions (I'd even say "shocked" with Meteoric Burst) and was regarded to be almost a real fight. Whereas in every other instance of Saitama encountering someone in the entire series, including Orochi himself, he doesn't once say that they're strong, apart from Garou of course. In fact, that brings me to the next point. Boros and Garou are still narratively meant to be the 2 strongest villains thus far (apart from God most likely), and likewise, they're the only villains to make Saitama note that they're strong and different from the rest (also likewise, they're the only ones to last after or even counter his attacks). It seems to be a theme that these near but not confirmed God level foes are the ones that make Saitama impressed. The fact that Orochi isn't one of them means he's still below Boros and Garou.
All I'm saying is that I don't scale Boros to Saitama, not even fractionally. If Saitama gets a big upgrade from fighting "God" or some other important villain with no narrative ties to Boros, I'm opposed to downscaling him from Saitama's new tier. I would however be for revisiting CSRC if the OPM powerscale leaves it behind completely.

I agree that the way Boros is treated by Saitama implies a superiority in his eyes, but Saitama met Boros under different circumstances- which helps to explain the difference in attitude. More on that later because it's not super relevant to scaling, just how Saitama interacted with Boros and Orochi. I'm fine with scaling Boros above Orochi if Saitama takes the same "you're strong" attitude with Garou and there are strong parallels between the Garou and Boros interactions, but those events have yet to happen in the manga so I will wait to see how that plays out before scaling Boros above Orochi.

Now on to why Saitama disrespecting Orochi makes sense.

Boros was responsible for the destruction of A city and the deaths of millions of people in front of Saitama. Saitama was going to kill him at the end of the fight regardless, so it was clear they were enemies and Saitama treated him as an important enemy and a threat to the people Saitama is protecting. That doesn't even take into account the fact that Boros's story parallels Saitama's and Saitama can respect that. Saitama knows that he could have gone down a similar path if he didn't hold true to his values.

In Orochi's case, Saitama was coming to make a noise complaint and not to execute a mass-murderer before he could kill millions more. Saitama is treating him like a bad neighbor with an aggressive (but relatively harmless) pet, he would have let Orochi off with a stern talking to had Orochi not gone on a rant about killing him and nearly destroyed half of the supercontinent with an energy attack. But since Orochi did that Saitama decided to kill him, partly because Orochi was still a threat to everyone in the area because he could always use another Gaia beam.

While the OPM Reddit was deprived of chapters a meme went around where people would post comments or edit chapters with the whole premise being that Groribas stomps, hence Groribas prophecy

I was waiting for Orochi's 6-B calc to be accepted to see if he could go against One Piece god tiers but instead he gets a situational low 5-B attack...

While the OPM Reddit was deprived of chapters a meme went around where people would post comments or edit chapters with the whole premise being that Groribas stomps, hence Groribas prophecy
Really? Why him specifically? Is it because he literally only had 5 seconds of Screentime?

Do we just disregard the feat then and scale full power Orochi to Homeless Emperor? I can't go along with that if so.

The feat is as legit as any other super powerful attack Saitama completely disrespected, there's nothing narratively or power-scaling to invalidate it. It'd be like saying Beefcake doesn't scale to his crater feat because Saitama treated it like a joke. In any other manga the attack would have gotten the treatment you're looking for, but this Saitama and the feat plays second fiddle to the fact that A) Orochi's dog was being too loud and B) his parents never taught him manners.

All I'm saying is that I don't scale Boros to Saitama, not even fractionally. If Saitama gets a big upgrade from fighting "God" or some other important villain with no narrative ties to Boros, I'm opposed to downscaling him from Saitama's new tier. I would however be for revisiting CSRC if the OPM powerscale leaves it behind completely.

I agree that the way Boros is treated by Saitama implies a superiority in his eyes, but Saitama met Boros under different circumstances- which helps to explain the difference in attitude. More on that later because it's not super relevant to scaling, just how Saitama interacted with Boros and Orochi. I'm fine with scaling Boros above Orochi if Saitama takes the same "you're strong" attitude with Garou and there are strong parallels between the Garou and Boros interactions, but those events have yet to happen in the manga so I will wait to see how that plays out before scaling Boros above Orochi.

Now on to why Saitama disrespecting Orochi makes sense.

Boros was responsible for the destruction of A city and the deaths of millions of people in front of Saitama. Saitama was going to kill him at the end of the fight regardless, so it was clear they were enemies and Saitama treated him as an important enemy and a threat to the people Saitama is protecting. That doesn't even take into account the fact that Boros's story parallels Saitama's and Saitama can respect that. Saitama knows that he could have gone down a similar path if he didn't hold true to his values.

In Orochi's case, Saitama was coming to make a noise complaint and not to execute a mass-murderer before he could kill millions more. Saitama is treating him like a bad neighbor with an aggressive (but relatively harmless pet), he would have let Orochi off with a stern talking to had Orochi not gone on a rant about killing him and nearly destroyed half of the supercontinent with an energy attack. But since Orochi did that Saitama decided to kill him, partly because Orochi was still a threat to everyone in the area because he could always use another Gaia beam.
Well I wouldn't suggest downscaling Boros from Saitama. It's pretty rare that there are any instances where Saitama can be used to scale at all. The only cases being a character clearly having some level of high speed and skill for dodging Saitama's attack, just as an example.

Sure.

I mean, even if I don't try to dispute all of that, I still don't see how that disputes Boros>Orochi. Saitama still never addressed Orochi as strong and considered him irrelevant the entire time, even when Orochi used Gaia Cannon. The fact that he acknowledges Boros' strength but not Orochi's still means he doesn't think Orochi is on Boros' level.

Well I wouldn't suggest downscaling Boros from Saitama. It's pretty rare that there are any instances where Saitama can be used to scale at all. The only cases being a character clearly having some level of high speed and skill for dodging Saitama's attack, just as an example.

Sure.

I mean, even if I don't try to dispute all of that, I still don't see how that disputes Boros>Orochi. Saitama still never addressed Orochi as strong and considered him irrelevant the entire time, even when Orochi used Gaia Cannon. The fact that he acknowledges Boros' strength but not Orochi's still means he doesn't think Orochi is on Boros' level.
Saitama was teaching Orochi a lesson therefore he refrained from praising his attack

Just pointing it out, but Saitama did show concern when Boros started activating CSRC

Back