• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It's still strange, because I remember some other calc that was brought up long ago that was also melting the surface, and it yielded moon level results.

I did mess something up. I miss-typed a number on my calculator. It's actually 6.53*10^27J, still Multi-Continental.

It's still strange, because I remember some other calc that was brought up long ago that was also melting the surface, and it yielded moon level results.
Could you find that calc? That would make things easier lol.

Calor específico
  • E = 2.77e+22 * 821.46 * 1215 E = 2.764664e+28 J
Calor latente
  • E = 2.77e+22 * 947657.98 E = 2.6250126e+28 J
Total
  • E = 5.3896766e+28 J, or 12.8 Exatons (High 6-A, Multi-Continent)

Calor específico
  • E = 2.77e+22 * 821.46 * 1215 E = 2.764664e+28 J
Calor latente
  • E = 2.77e+22 * 947657.98 E = 2.6250126e+28 J
Total
  • E = 5.3896766e+28 J, or 12.8 Exatons (High 6-A, Multi-Continent)
Where are you getting the specific heat capacity and specific latent heat?

Where are you getting the specific heat capacity and specific latent heat?

I see information on the mass of the earth's crust, and the specific heat for several elements, but not the specific heat for the Earth's crust, could you be more specific?

Poll- what do guys think the plume of energy produced by Jet Drive Arrow is? Is it ionized air, burning propane or something else?

The calc was primarily rejected because there was not a consensus on what Jet Drive Arrow was, some individuals didn't even see it as a clear feat at all.

The Original Moon Jump got re-calced to 44 instead of 23 petatons: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Drite77/One-Punch_Man:_Schockwave_recalc
That's cool- those numbers sound about right to me. The crater is somewhat bigger now and so the results are somewhat bigger. I wasn't expecting a 5-C result, if the attack were that energetic it should have shattered the moon whole, an outcome Saitama was explicitly trying to avoid. The hard thing about Saitama's strength is that he controls it so well. If Saitama were less careful and had destroyed the moon on his way back, we could have bumped him a tier haha

What exactly are his incineration cannons? Some sort of incendiary clearly, but I'm not sure what that would make the plume

I was told that couldn't be calced in the request thread as you couldn't melt water. But I guess you could vaporise it. Either way, Boros uses melting for his attacks, or rather his attacks cause melting

I don't see why it can't melt the earth AND vaporize the water, isn't that what would happen if a giant heat bomb razed the planet?

Psykorochi’s beams seem to vaporise, but Boros’ melts? Hmm.

Also Genos used his regular engine thrusters for Jet Drive Arrow, just a super powered up version of them. In the anime, it resembles jet thrusters.

I lean more to Psykorochi vaporising since there was literally nothing left under the disc; just a clean cut, and there was no debris in the space shot.

Then again, Orochi’s attacks against Saitama and Garou seemed to turn things into slag? Hm.

We have two things to consider, type and potency. Psykorochi is using god's power here, so it would make sense if the beam has unique properties (vaporizes instead of melting) and even if it were the same type, it might be so potent it would vaporize instead of melting. Boros and Psykorochi are drawing from different sources, so I don't think they'll have the same impact per se.

Meteoric burst and the released chest blast melted his ship and since we have evidence of that I think it would be better to extrapolate those effects onto the planet's surface instead of looking for an alternative.

So I found where the calc came from about 5-C CRSC, it's in this video. We get 239.00573613766732706 exatons of TNT. Moon level

In any case, you'd just add the energy it takes to evaporate the oceans on top of melting the crust, yeah?

Do you want to create a calc discussion thread then and we can post some of this over there? It does seem boiling the oceans is planet level though- I've found other calcs here:

All I know is that the calculation given for Boros is rather short and seems to make a lot of assumptions. I'd like to see fully broken down calculations from multiple angles of approach for "wiping a planet's surface"

Yeah, it probably be better to have a full dedicated calc to this rather than us finding random bits of calcs and putting it all together.

Should I make the thread?

For example, to get an accurate measure of energy it would take to melt the Earth's crust you'd have to break the calculation up into many different subsections for each mineral and their percent by mass. It wouldn't be hard, per-se, just a lot of work.

Back