• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Good prediction, here's Ekaji's 2022 prediction on s3 pacing (all redraws included) for a visual.

If the season ends with Saitama vs Orochi will cover 1350 pages of manga from chapter 85 to 115, a perfect middle ground between S1's 1100~ pages and S2's 1600 pages~ that should allow the anime to adapt the manga 1 to 1, while not leaving much room for extended fight scenes. Going on Ekaji's prediction the teaser is showing content from episode 2.

Season-3-prediction.png
Seems pretty spot on, we should go by this.

the logical thing would be for it to end in Orochi and Saitama's fight since if they continue, then there would be no end because after that too many things happen to cover them. If there is a fourth season in the future, I am sure it will have 24 episodes otherwise it will have an abrupt end in the middle of the arc.

The endings of season 1 and 2 were connected. I wonder if the ending of season 3 will be a duet. Or maybe it will be singed by Saitama's future child?

If S3 ends in Orochi vs Saitama, S4 could end in Tatsumaki definitely killing Orochi with the spear maybe. Or maybe just city twist

Though both would feel a little bit end in the middle of the arc

Good prediction, here's Ekaji's 2022 prediction on s3 pacing (all redraws included) for a visual.

If the season ends with Saitama vs Orochi will cover 1350 pages of manga from chapter 85 to 115, a perfect middle ground between S1's 1100~ pages and S2's 1600 pages~ that should allow the anime to adapt the manga 1 to 1, while not leaving much room for extended fight scenes. Going on Ekaji's prediction the teaser is showing content from episode 2.

Season-3-prediction.png
We're getting Sairama Vs Garou. The trailer ends with "Supreme power Vs Ultimate Fear”

We're getting Sairama Vs Garou. The trailer ends with "Supreme power Vs Ultimate Fear”
I see three potential issues with this
  1. adapting at least 3x the content of season 1 in one single season. There's already much more content in chapters 85-115 than there was for season 1
    1. adding another 54 action packed chapters is going to be insane and require like 30 episodes unless they really cut the MA demon/cadre content in half (and then take more)
  2. We still have at least 4, maybe 5 volumes that need to be released before Saitama vs Garou concludes if each volume covers 6 chapters in 5 months like vol 29 did
    1. Volume 30 (146-151), Mar 2024
    2. Volume 31 (152-158), July 2025
    3. Volume 32 (159-165), Jan 2025
    4. Volume 33 (165-1??), May 2025 - will we wait until may 2025 to see S3 or will they start the season long before they get close to its final episodes?
  3. If you're going to tease Cosmic vs Saitama... IDK Bug God vs RR seems like a real blase way to tease that. Garou vs Orochi is the spiritual predecessor to Saitama vs Garou so
    1. Like shouldn't we do more to prep anime onlys expectations? Garou beating two demon-looking monsters anime-onlys have never seen before doesn't imply he has the growth ability to catch Saitama in the course of a season

Either way, a 30 episode season 3 including Saitama vs Garou would be insane. A 24 episode season would either require butchering the MA arc (underground fights, demon fights, cadre fight, etc) or adding a full movie for Saitama vs Garou. It's a big prediction, but we'll see when the trailer drops in presumably a few months

how many chapters it will adapt?
Season 1 was Volumes 1-7 and Season 2 was Volumes 8-16/17. If its another 8 volumes it'll end on Volume 24 or 25 which would end on Orochi or Garou vs Darkshine assuming they don't adapt more stuff.

Btw I don't even know if this trailer has animation from the anime itself.

It looks really really cinematic, to the point that I'm worrying it might have been made purely for the trailer which is a BAD sign.

The studio wasn't the problem with Season 2 it was the constraints on time and arguably budget on top of overworked animators having to handle 10 anime all at once. They are a lot more free with Season 3 and are going to slow cook it. Furthermore people talk about how good individual studios are like the studios ARE the team that makes the product. No. The people get hired BY the studio. Any studio can make a good product if it hires the right employees AND gives them the tools to make something good. Garou Vs. Bug God and Royal Ripper isn't even a major fight and it looks incredibly good.

Last edited:
OPM is a huge, mainstream series that has a lot of demand. They put out a mediocre season 2 because they were rushed. This time JC Staff will not be making the same mistake. Why would they? That would be a massive waste of such a huge IP.

Also I don't think they're cutting to Garou Vs. Saitama. They're building it up because Garou is the current main antagonist of the series. And they'll keep building it up until they come face to face, even if it's another season after this one. The manga built it up just as much.

I think we're being too critical because of JC's Staff previous work on Season 2. Give them trust. They dropped the ball before because it was knocked out of their hands. Let them cook.

Holy hell in the YT comments people are actually calling the animation and art in this trailer mid or mediocre. How god damn SPOILED are these people??? Like they all want some ground-breaking genre-defining masterpiece surpassing the likes of even Season 1 or else it's all trash. Christ these people gotta get over themselves and be grateful we even have a Season 3 looking this good. I can only imagine these animators spending obscene hours a day creating this surviving off of cheap convenience store ramen just for some Redditors to call it mediocre. It's embarrassing.

Why would they? For the same reason lackluster studios have been butchering popular manga and novel series over the year. Because no matter what they put out, those big IPs are guaranteed to make them butt loads of money.

I really want this to be good. I really do. But this is not a studio that has proved they have what it takes to fluently adapt such an intense and heavily detailed action manga.

Just a few months ago they were working on the second season of Smartphone Isekai... A show where I felt like I could visually count the number of frames in every scene. They've been factory releasing multiple bland fantasy animes for years and years, all with the same consistent, mediocre level of quality.

They also have a history of ruining other shows. Like Index S3 or Date a Live S3, which were both considered terrible adaptations due to their pacing and animation quality.

I just don't see the dream here. JC Staff is not an high-production action studio.

Even when they were given a movie budget to work on the Konosuba Movie, the product they released was only a bit above average in the industry. Like, it looked good, for a fantasy comedy, but it really isn't anything compared to what's needed for the scenes in OPM.

Why would they? For the same reason lackluster studios have been butchering popular manga and novel series over the year. Because no matter what they put out, those big IPs are guaranteed to make them butt loads of money.

I really want this to be good. I really do. But this is not a studio that has proved they have what it takes to fluently adapt such an intense and heavily detailed action manga.

Just a few months ago they were working on the second season of Smartphone Isekai... A show where I felt like I could visually count the number of frames in every scene. They've been factory releasing multiple bland fantasy animes for years and years, all with the same consistent, mediocre level of quality.

They also have a history of ruining other shows. Like Index S3 or Date a Live S3, which were both considered terrible adaptations due to their pacing and animation quality.

I just don't see the dream here. JC Staff is not an high-production action studio.

Even when they were given a movie budget to work on the Konosuba Movie, the product they released was only a bit above average in the industry. Like, it looked good, for a fantasy comedy, but it really isn't anything compared to what's needed for the scenes in OPM.
Not as much as they would make off of a good product. Not to mention the community backlash.

I mean. People forget that Season 2 has a lot of good stuff in its own right. The main issues lie within their time constraints and budget as many have mentioned. Some of the fights in Season 2 are very high-quality. Not Season 1 level of course but extremely solid in their own right. If they can produce that quality for the entire season, as well as fix up the sound design a bit and not animate Genos so weirdly, we can have a very good season on our hands. I'm worried about the CGI for some of the larger characters like Orochi but we'll see how it goes. I just pray he's not purple.

WTF JC ANIMATED THAT DOG SHIT? LOL. Well I wouldn't use that as a basis for how OPM Season 3 would look anyways. It's not the same. It's like when a restaurant makes food for a regular dude vs. making food for Gordon Ramsay. It just ain't the same. JC Staff has a far from amazing record I agree. But just cause they haven't produced many good things doesn't mean they can't. What I'm saying is to just wait and see. Not like talking about it will change what happens anyways tbh.

Frankly I'm still surprised they refuse to give OPM to a better studio. It was literally one of the most popular anime of the 2010's and remains a top-dog in the manga industry yet they give it to a mid-tier studio and let it rot like this? It's a damn shame and whoever runs this is an idiot frankly speaking. If Season 3 was Season 1 tier animation and art, it would probably break the industry and set new records.

I'm hoping they prioritize their time and budget on certain factors if they can't make it all good. Like the Darkshine Vs. Garou fight. I'd rather have low-lows and high-highs than just an overall mid-tier anime.

But if the majority of the season looks like the trailer I'll be more than satisfied.

I didn't see OPM 2 because the metal texture made me vomit, but isn't a trailer this good? It's a trailer, something made to draw people's attention to the material, the minimum is that it's something well done.

JC is not a Mappa or Madhouse (in her golden age, not nowadays) in life, there will be good animation and sakugas throughout the anime, but I think the anime she does is enough. Not exactly bad but not great, a 6, fulfill your purpose satisfactorily. At least in my experience watching her animes.

At least she's not a Studio Deen that outsourced NNT and turned everything into garbage.

Or Graphinica, a studio that made Shuumatsu no Walküre, an anime that focuses on being more static than its manga (I can't believe this studio worked on Hellsing Ultimate, but the years really change studios)

Last edited:
Alright, let me be the one to put this popular reddit post out here before anyone else does taking it as truth: these booru comments are as objective as our comments here in vsbw, meaning literally anyone could have commented this as a troll, and since it's an anonymous person saying they privately confirmed it there is absolutely no way to verify it.

But basically some guy on booru is saying the trailer was done completely by Aoki and will not be used in S3 as it's a fake pre-animation to generate false hype, a concern that some of us have voiced and may or may not be true. Personally, I think this particular claim is fake. Remember the studio Bones and Mappa "leaks"?

Yeah, fool me once... don't trust this rando

But basically some guy on booru is saying the trailer was done completely by Aoki and will not be used in S3 as it's a fake pre-animation to generate false hype, a concern that some of us have voiced and may or may not be true. Personally, I think this particular claim is fake. Remember the studio Bones and Mappa "leaks"?
Also, If they do that they will have damaged their own image(jc staff). I hope they aren't stupid enough to do that.

Last edited:
It does look like a pre-animated scene, given we don't hear the actual dialogue or music in the scene and because of how cinematic it is, but it would be dumb to trust random people on reddit or an image board.

Back