• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Trailer looks good because of course it does, it's a trailer, they're supposed to make the product look good.

In reality, that is literally the first big fight of the season. It's the part they would've had the most time to animate.

Even Tanktop Master VS Garou looked relatively decent in Season 2, but again, that was like the first big fight.

Let's not get any hopes up so far. J.C Staff's production does not have the track record to make me believe for even a second they have the capability to fluidly 2-D animate things like Orochi, or any of the cadres for that matter.

Trailer looks good because of course it does, it's a trailer, they're supposed to make the product look good.

In reality, that is literally the first big fight of the season. It's the part they would've had the most time to animate.

Even Tanktop Master VS Garou looked relatively decent in Season 2, but again, that was like the first big fight.

Let's not get any hopes up so far. J.C Staff's production does not have the track record to make me believe for even a second they have the capability to fluidly 2-D animate things like Orochi, or any of the cadres for that matter.
Orochi will definitely be CGI like Elder Centipede

but in this season there are a wide variety of fights and this one that was seen in the trailer is a low tier fight compared to the others, I don't think they spent the entire budget on this one

Yeah S2 trailer looked like dogshit bruh

Yeah I mean look at this, it's a huge difference.

Season 2 trailer:
slideshow animation & no fluid movement (Genos just slides around like he's flat), transitions between scenes are flat jump-cuts with no fade

Season 3 teaser:
fluid transitions between perspectives (watch how we swap perspectives with Royal Ripper's entry and Bug God's entry), animation is fluid and lighting is dramatic and variable- aesthetically it looks consistent, action packed and even beautiful at points (sunset). Also that static shot of Garou looks just like a MarkReymer image

Of course... it's a trailer, they could have spent 10x longer on these scenes just to bait us into getting hyped about it. Let's give them 10-12 months to animate the season (x2 what they got for season 2) and wait for the season to drop in December - Feb 2025 with this quality (but consistent). Depending on how much animation is already done, it will come a little or a lot sooner.

Last edited:
Of course... it's a trailer, they could have spent 10x longer on these scenes just to bait us into getting hyped about it. Let's give them 10-12 months to animate the season (x2 what they got for season 2) and wait for the season to drop in December - Feb 2025 with this quality (but consistent). Depending on how much animation is already done, it will come a little or a lot sooner.
Production started half a year ago (officially that is) so they actually had 18 months so far

Production started half a year ago (officially that is) so they actually had 18 months so far
If they've actually been using that time that's hype as hell, season 2 was what, 6 months? 12 months would probably double the quality and make it decent at least. I don't think they'll do Orochi justice but I'm excited for the rest

How long in the MA arc do you think they'd adapt?

Maybe up to Orochi fight, to end the season with a serious move like the other 2? Or would it be too much content, considering how huge MA arc is?

No tiers are changing for orochi because it’s anime only timeframe and doesn’t apply to manga
The only reason Orochi isn't tier 5 is because we didn't use kinetic energy because we didn't have a timeframe for the feat. When Gaia cannon gets animated we will use the anime timeframe, the same way we used the anime timeframe to find the speed of Genos/EC through Jet Drive Arrow a couple years back

The only reason Orochi isn't tier 5 is because we didn't use kinetic energy because we didn't have a timeframe for the feat. When Gaia cannon gets animated we will use the anime timeframe, the same way we used the anime timeframe to find the speed of Genos/EC through Jet Drive Arrow a couple years back
no you can’t use anime stuff for manga stuff otherwise it would have to apply to everyone including people like boros they are completely different continuity with stuff happening in anime that didn’t even happen in the manga

no you can’t use anime stuff for manga stuff otherwise it would have to apply to everyone including people like boros
What? We're not using a different feat, we're using the timeframe for a (presumed) identical feat... how else are we supposed to know how fast Gaia cannon is if we don't get a statement?

If you have an issue with using anime timeframes, you'll want to make a CRT to change Genos's current MHS key which is based on the Jet Drive Arrow anime timeframe. As for me I would be opposed to removing such calcs. I see no reason not to use an anime timeframe for an identical manga scene when there are no useable statements, contradictory or otherwise

gdqm00bf1y681.jpg

God, I already want to see this scene of the heroes heading towards the monster association

I went to review the manga to see what the chronology was like and season 3 will be something like this:
Assuming that the last fight will be saitama vs orochi

_Garou vs. Royal Ripper & Bug God

_Garou going back to HA hideout

_Garou vs Rover

_Garou vs Orochi

_Surface battle

_Flashy Flash vs Gale wind and Hellfire flame

_Atomic Samurai vs Black Sperm

_Child Emperor vs Phoenix Man

_Zombie Man vs Vampire Dude

_Amai Mask vs Do-S

_Puri Puri vs Prisoners

_Darkshine one shot bug god

_Saitama one shot Rover

_Saitama scaring the hell out of Nyan

_Tatsumaki vs Gyoro Gyoro

_Saitama vs Orochi.

Really I’m already seeing a lot of people complain it looks bad
That's just because it's by JC staff who fumbled season 2 pretty hard (not you Aoki, you were great)

The trailer itself looked good, if the name "MAPPA" or "BONES" came at the end 90% of the complaining would be hype instead. Obviously JC staff ain't the cream of the crop but if the entire season's this quality that's a good thing

I went to review the manga to see what the chronology was like and season 3 will be something like this:
Assuming that the last fight will be saitama vs orochi....
Good prediction, here's Ekaji's 2022 prediction on s3 pacing (all redraws included) for a visual.

If the season ends with Saitama vs Orochi will cover 1350 pages of manga from chapter 85 to 115, a perfect middle ground between S1's 1100~ pages and S2's 1600 pages~ that should allow the anime to adapt the manga 1 to 1, while not leaving much room for extended fight scenes. Going on Ekaji's prediction the teaser is showing content from episode 2.

Season-3-prediction.png

Back