• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
IMG_8464.jpg

Last chapter was fine. I mean tbh I wasn't expecting the Saitama Blast and Void stuff to be happening yet anyways, I bet it won't even happen in this upcoming chapter. It'll probably start at the end of it tho and then continue for the next couple chapters or something.

I'm honestly still surprised ONE made Void into such a relevant character when in the webcomic he was literally nameless, did nothing, and got built up to be ultimately one-shotted by Saitama off-screen (even legitimate fodders ranging from Wolf-Demon level got more than him). Like he literally had no relevance at all to the ninja mini-arc and was just mentioned "cuz xd". Now in the manga he's like one of the most important characters to the God storyline off-rip and might be connected to God's awakening depending on what exactly happens with him.. I mean there are so many differences between the two at this point, there's not even room for debate about them being different continuities.

I wouldn't be shocked if Void fought Blast, got punched by Saitama, realized he was outclassed and likely faced with death, and left to resurface later in the manga as a more important character, ngl.

So it was One who wrote them? I didn't know this, but now I'm slightly confused, how do we know this is for the manga and not the webcomic? Is there anywhere that says this is for the manga?

So it was One who wrote them? I didn't know this, but now I'm slightly confused, how do we know this is for the manga and not the webcomic? Is there anywhere that says this is for the manga?

Two new dramas drafted and supervised by ONE and an audio dramatization of the original comic extra manga that was not mentioned in the TV anime!

Two new audio dramas are included in each volume: one story featuring one character and a parallel story that takes place in a junior high school! One audio drama of the original comic extra manga is also included in each volume!

Yes they are for the manga, especially because some of the audiobooks are straight up voiceovers for bonus chapters from the manga.

If Vsbattles didn't believe Serious Punch Squared made that hole in space, Saitama would be Low 4-C+ through a sneeze.

Wich would be funny, because imagine your biggest feat being a sneeze.

Can we skip the next chapter it’s literally going to be some incredibly short chapter of the fodder ninjas getting neg diff by flashy and sonic

I see many of you guys being way to dismissive of Flash and Sonic stuff and focusing on Blast and Void, but ngl I'm keeping my expectations for those two at a very low level, the WC literally clowned on this Ninja Leader guy and even if he fights, I don't think the fight will reach Orochi or PsykoOrochi levels, although it would be cool to see something like that

I do have expectations for more Empty Void at this point
like I've been saying, the difference between the webcomic and the manga is that Blast is an actual character, therefore, God an Empty Void become characters via associating with him
we've gotten way more Blast than we thought we would, so it's almost certain that we'll get a bunch more void.

As I said, I think he will be unceremoniously one shot by Saitama off-screen but he will survive and be captured by Blast

High 7-C+ Genos stuff

I see many of you guys being way to dismissive of Flash and Sonic stuff and focusing on Blast and Void, but ngl I'm keeping my expectations for those two at a very low level, the WC literally clowned on this Ninja Leader guy and even if he fights, I don't think the fight will reach Orochi or PsykoOrochi levels, although it would be cool to see something like that
The difference is those people didn’t survive a fight with blast you can probably argue he’s already above them based off blast scaling alone and unlike the webcomic blast is with saitama so it’s obviously not going to go down the same

Why do we treat audiobooks as canon to the manga but we don't have the same treatment with the anime?
Because ONE literally wrote the audiobooks (which means that, at the very least, any powerscaling type of shenanigans involved are canonically accurate), whereas ONE only oversaw the production of the anime, and clearly pretty loosely, at that. He even told the studio that the meteor used for the Godzilla looking thing was supposed to just be a big rock, but the meteor still made it in, meaning that's literally officially not canonical with the source material, and was not approved by ONE. Not to mention there are just a ton of things in the anime that are WAAAY off-scale or just weren't even included in the webcomic or manga. Even the infamous Death Punch scene, which was one of the most popular scenes of the anime, was very different in the manga, and didn't even happen in the webcomic I believe.

No reason to treat the anime and manga as the same, at least when it comes to season 1 of OPM, whereas there is very much reason to consider the audiobooks canon.

Gonna need staff to help pass these through because it’s been a bit too damn long

Back