• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
by the way, I think there’s a good case for a possible Boros upscale for orochi now
The main thing that I think has been overlooked is the statement in ch123(cübærî) of saitama having fought monster association level threats before
in other words, he called Boros the strongest he’d ever fought AFTER he possibly fought someone on Orochi’s level

also there’s the flashy flash saitama interaction where flashy flash mentions monster king orochi and then saitama’s like “hey maybe he’s that one guy’s parents, from the name it sounds pretty strong” which not only means that saitama didn’t even notice that orochi was the leader, but also indirectly says that he isn’t strong in that interaction (he calls him “bath monster”)
Possible good ending for Boros fans

Boros should scale above Orochi regardless

The gap between the Boros battle and Orochi battle is like a little over a month at most

To try and argue that Saitama a month prior to one shotting Orochi would struggle with him any capacity is just brain dead tbh

Treating Boros like a strong dude who nearly gave him a real fight>>>>>>Treating Orochi like a literal misbehaving child who he proceeds to one shot

No shit he can

Doesn't change the fact Boros still pushed him more than anyone but Garou did especially given we now have a quantifiable limit to Saitama's power level 🥱
boros didnt push him anywhere, tf are you saying?
high 6-a vs 4-a

wake up from your dream, boros is not narratively superior to orochi, even saitama’s growth just reinforces this.

No shit he can

Doesn't change the fact Boros still pushed him more than anyone but Garou did especially given we now have a quantifiable limit to Saitama's power level 🥱
saitama was just jumping around meanwhile boros was using all of his power to hit the air, tatsumaki is actually doing much better against a “playful” saitama than what boros did lol and the fight isnt even finished yet

"Boros is not narratively superior to Orochi"

Tatsumaki is actually doing better against Saitama than Boros did"

This is actually just straight up delusion 😭

I ain't in the mood to type up an essay, it's midnight and I got work in the morning

Maybe when I get home tomorrow

Peace

"Boros is not narratively superior to Orochi"

Tatsumaki is actually doing better against Saitama than Boros did"

This is actually just straight up delusion 😭

I ain't in the mood to type up an essay, it's midnight and I got work in the morning

Maybe when I get home tomorrow

Peace
bro, i dont even get your points.
even boros soldiers said that the earth is different from every other planet that they has ever seen.
orochi was meant to be buffed by god, who is massively above boros
like, what the **** makes you think that hes is superior in anyway? like, NOTHING
just simping a dead and irrelevant character

ah-shit-here-we-go-again-ah-shit.gif

I agree with the argument that Boros is narratively, MOST LIKELY still among the very top-tier's, below only Blast group tier characters and such, beyond Orochi, Tats, etc.. But there is a lacking amount of actual, visible evidence to CONCRETELY prove it. So I also more strongly agree with the additional opinion that we should just leave Boros the way he is and not have the 156th argument about this dead topic when it isn't going to change anything. Why does it even matter so much? We are arguing about a number displayed on a fanmade page for a fictional character from a fictional story that has been dead within the context of that story for so long that he isn't even relevant anymore. Like, having an argument like this over, say, Garou, would make sense, because he's a vastly more significant character to the story that still matters even now. Boros on the other hand was a cool villain at the time but is no longer relevant to the story.

As a fellow Borosbro, we need to move on.

Personally, I have chosen to now be a Pig GodBro, and will soon propose my CRT argument for why Pig God is 3-A at least.

I agree with the argument that Boros is narratively, MOST LIKELY still among the very top-tier's, below only Blast group tier characters and such, beyond Orochi, Tats, etc.. But there is a lacking amount of actual, visible evidence to CONCRETELY prove it. So I also more strongly agree with the additional opinion that we should just leave Boros the way he is and not have the 156th argument about this dead topic when it isn't going to change anything. Why does it even matter so much? We are arguing about a number displayed on a fanmade page for a fictional character from a fictional story that has been dead within the context of that story for so long that he isn't even relevant anymore. Like, having an argument like this over, say, Garou, would make sense, because he's a vastly more significant character to the story that still matters even now. Boros on the other hand was a cool villain at the time but is no longer relevant to the story.

As a fellow Borosbro, we need to move on.

Personally, I have chosen to now be a Pig GodBro, and will soon propose my CRT argument for why Pig God is 3-A at least.
this is the point. Boros is no longer relevant, and manga’s powerlevels just got buffed, people CAN’T really see it.

Last edited:
this is the point. Boros is no longer relevant, and manga’s powerlevels just got buffed, people CAN’T really see it.
Boros would still somewhat be relevant if he WAS alive, of course. But I do think people really exaggerate how "well" he performed against Saitama. Sure he was the first opponent to get actual praise and acknowledgement, as well as the first to survive an unrestrained Normal Punch. But he wasn't supposed to be some comparable opponent that could actually make Saitama sweat a bit under the right circumstances (that would be CF Garou, maybe). If Saitama REALLY wanted him gone, the fight WOULD have been over in one punch.

It was less of a "Saitama wanted to kill him but Boros lived and kept him impressed" and more of a "Saitama didn't really care, putting in his usual effort which wasn't quite enough, and was mildly surprised at the fact that Boros was so much stronger than his other opponents so far, acknowledging that Boros was actually a noteworthy opponent".

I do think Boros is by all means stronger than Orochi and I do think the argument for why can hold up, but having that argument is fruitless and frustrating. Him being stronger than Tatsumaki is the more difficult debate to be had, but that discussion is banned altogether so 🤷‍♂️

There's just this sort of line where you're either able to gain Saitama's acknowledgement, or you're not. Generally speaking characters on the level of Orochi, Monster Garou, Boros, etc. seem to be on that level. But that's kinda where the debate between Orochi Vs. Boros begins. Because he hardly acknowledges Orochi who is played off like a joke, whereas he does fully acknowledge Boros and says multiple times that he is strong, with the demise of Boros being played off as a serious and emotional scene. So while I DON'T want to have that discussion again, you can probably see where the argument stems from, if nothing else. Besides which, the only reason why it's a debate is because of the Gaia Cannon feat. Outside of that, Orochi has nothing putting him remotely near the level of Boros.

by the way, I think there’s a good case for a possible Boros upscale for orochi now
The main thing that I think has been overlooked is the statement in ch123(cübærî) of saitama having fought monster association level threats before
in other words, he called Boros the strongest he’d ever fought AFTER he possibly fought someone on Orochi’s level

also there’s the flashy flash saitama interaction where flashy flash mentions monster king orochi and then saitama’s like “hey maybe he’s that one guy’s parents, from the name it sounds pretty strong” which not only means that saitama didn’t even notice that orochi was the leader, but also indirectly says that he isn’t strong in that interaction (he calls him “bath monster”)
Anyways this is what I said before it got kinda derailed

Anyways this is what I said before it got kinda derailed
Cause I mean the statement is “a threat of this scale” which could be referring to only the cadres, but that’s incredibly unrealistic given that Boros alone is ridiculously above the cadre so it obviously doesn’t mean “the cadre are a threat on the scale of Boros”
So given that, Boros is likely scaling above Orochi due to being called the strongest opponent that he had ever fought until that point, and the statement implying that there was an opponent on orochi’s level

Boros: Likely at least multi continent level (stated to be the strongest opponent saitama has ever fought, after saitama had dealt with threats on the scale of the monster association, putting him above Orochi’s power. Saitama called him strong on multiple occasions and considered him “almost a real fight”, while Saitama implied Orochi to not be strong during his conversation with flashy flash)

Or something like that, but worded better.

Yeah this seems to make sense to me

It's kind of meaningless, honestly (at least if I'm remembering correctly), especially since Saitama didn't fully confirm that Boros was the strongest, just that it's a possibility after he'd already used Meteoric Burst and launched the CSRC.
I mean he called Borors strong though. All this argument needs is that Saitama thinks Orochi is weak, and Boros is strong.
Also, your logic just doesn't make sense considering that it's literally about the S-Class facing monsters who make them feel fear, Orochi was dead, and the statement exists in the webcomic (where Orochi was never a thing) in almost the exact same context.
This doesn't really counter any of the points made though...

I mean he called Borors strong though. All this argument needs is that Saitama thinks Orochi is weak, and Boros is strong.
Haven't we had a million upgrade and downgrade CRTs about this? I personally choose not to involve myself in them.
This doesn't really counter any of the points made though...
It literally does. There's no references to Orochi that you can gleam from the statement, which is what Ziller was claiming.

Also, your logic just doesn't make sense considering that it's literally about the S-Class facing monsters who make them feel fear, Orochi was dead, and the statement exists in the webcomic (where Orochi was never a thing) in almost the exact same context.
Asura actually makes a really good point here.

It's good to contextualize statements instead of looking at the panel and taking it for face value. Right before that statement was made, it was showing the cadres, meaning that the "threats of this scale" would be referring to other monsters as strong as the cadres, not as strong as Orochi.

Haven't we had a million upgrade and downgrade CRTs about this? I personally choose not to involve myself in them.
Yeah and I honestly can't believe the downgrade occurred. This is even more evidence for the scaling.
It literally does. There's no references to Orochi that you can gleam from the statement, which is what Ziller was claiming.
Saitama having fought organizations like the MA before 100% relates. Especially because Saitama had killed Orochi, and the narrator is saying none of these threats are actually new or special.

saitama wasn’t impressed becaused he already fought a multicontinental being before.
agaisnt boros, was the first time.

Saitama having fought organizations like the MA before 100% relates. Especially because Saitama had killed Orochi, and the narrator is saying none of these threats are actually new or special.
My guy, the narrator isn't saying all of the threats Saitama faced between Boros and Garou aren't special (and whether they are or aren't is irrelevant in this situation), he's saying the level of the Cadres (including Gums, Fuhrer Ugly, Homeless Emperor and Evil Natural Water) causing those S-Class to struggle are nothing new and special to Saitama. That does not include Orochi because he's not one of the Cadres that's causing the S-Class to struggle and feel fear at that moment, and was literally dead by the time that it was made.

I genuinely don't see what argument there is to be had here. Orochi simply isn't included within the statement due to the context it's made in. Hell, Orochi and Boros could even be counted within the encounters on par with the Cadres here (though I don't believe that because they're obviously >>> the Cadres).

Last edited:
I mean, I think yall Boros fan should check Saitama's character evolution before claiming "but he said Boros was strong" argument. Boros was literally the first character who made Saitama use his consecutive normal punches and survived to them, and the first character who "forced" Saitama to use a Serious Punch.

After that, Boros stated Saitama was holding back at the point it wasn't even a fight for him.

Then, what happened to Saitama in the next arcs?

He now knows he doesn't even need to struggle against characters, he doesn't sense anything but being bored because he knows he can end all fights effortlessly, his ability to feel basic human emotions is becoming duller and duller, he even stated his emotions started to get numb (There also was a chapter where he stated he doesn't need a "secret technique" because he knows he can end all enemies with one punch, but don'r remember what it was). Despite Saitama started to use more serious punches after that He still thinks bad guys are only "people who say things right before getting stomped". Even after getting matched in a two-handed consecutive normal punches (remember a one-handed consecutive normal punches overwhelmed Boros) He cared more of the brat and didn't seem interested at all on the fight.

All in all, I think this (although retconned out) page represents perfectly Saitama's character right now: Ancient weapon or not, final evolution or not, whole universe or not... he has fought many "dudes" like that and doesn't care what they say because he knows they'd get stomped anyway

Edit: And, hell, even if that's not enough for you, remember Saitama grows passively to the point his yesterday self is nothing impressive to his today self. After a bit of exponential growing, he stopped caring about Cosmic Garou (who initially he wanted to "end with one hand") and started to care more about his outfit.

That quickly got out of hand
anyways Asura, I knew that it could be interpreted as cadre only, but also the fact that it says “threats on this scale” makes it clear to me that it can’t include Boros, which makes it clear that Boros can’t be included
I also wasn’t really saying that it was specifically targeted at Orochi, rather that the statement was referring to the monster association as a whole, which would include orochi in it.

I am realizing that it’s a not so solid argument though, so I have a plan B

Plan b is the statement that the 3 generals together have a tiny chance of being able to win against Orochi, which would mean “possibly at most high 6-A” scaling to orochi, which of course would make Boros scale above orochi with meteoric burst
Since it’s impossible for a a 6-C to even do reasonable chip damage to someone who’s high 6-A

well the statement was about all three working together so even then, the other two would have to have the AP to contribute
Gery and Melz distract Orochi long enough for Groribas to spit acid on him, gg, that’s all three working together.
Yall forget the statement was made before Orochi performed its High 6-A feat
Yeah, that too.

Or you could do something that’s actually productive with the scaling, instead of trying to manufacture upgrades for a character that died eight arcs ago.

Back