• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Once I make the High 4C Saitama CRT, the "almost a real fight" statement from Saitama can be taken more seriously. (Not in scaling Boros ofc, but maybe using the star statement for CSRC)

The "almost a real fight" statement came before the Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon, so I'm not sure how anything would change.

If we could use the OPM Compus, Released Boros and Meteoric Burst Boros would both be 5-B (even without CSRC)

Last edited:
Anime Boros peaks at 5-B via planet level statements, or 4-C with highballing using the OPM Compus statement which is likely a mistranslation.

That is anime Boros, manga Boros has no evidence for this and explicitly caps at surface wiping.

The most I really see happening downgrade wise with Saitama is Murata redrawing the space scene and it changes the base assumption from void to the Moon. In which case Saitama's tier would be "At least High 5-A, likely High 4-C" until he becomes "At least High 4-C" with the sneeze. The planet punch clash even from something like halfway between the Earth and Moon isn't getting something to much better than the GRB.

I mean the reasoning for the dowgrade is that his current rating comes from the SSP^2, but that clash only happened after Saitama saw Genos' dead body, and as we later found out, Saitama explosively stronger once he saw that.

Instead, we should scale Saitama above Garou prior to copying Saitama's SSP, who is 'At least Large Planet level, possibly Large Star level'

I mean the reasoning for the dowgrade is that his current rating comes from the SSP^2, but that clash only happened after Saitama saw Genos' dead body, and as we later found out, Saitama explosively stronger once he saw that.

Instead, we should scale Saitama above Garou prior to copying Saitama's SSP, who is 'At least Large Planet level, possibly Large Star level
He became very negligibly stronger at that moment if at all, since exponential graphs are nearly no growth at the beginning
the graph shows that his AD wasn’t really noticeably at all until a bit later into the battle, so it’s not really worth a downgrade in any way.

Instead, we should scale Saitama above Garou prior to copying Saitama's SSP, who is 'At least Large Planet level, possibly Large Star level'
Can we confirm that there was an exponential increase in Saitama's power before the punch? From the looks of the graph, Saitama's power only grew noticeably well into the fight. I'm under the impression that his power grew as much if not more so from the actual combat than just having strong emotions

5E39D3A0-ADA5-445A-81BF-4D02B68858A2.jpg

This page tells you everything you need to know
the actual growth was only just beginning, and you can see that the even before the y axis starts (presumably when the sp^2 happened) there’s no growth
So there’s no argument whatsoever to be made that saitama somehow got like 50 billion times stronger in the 2 seconds before punching Garou

we don't even accept the graph as 1:1 right now, but they don't even mention or imply any kind of substantial/notable power boost until the Garou fight on Io. So I don't think it's worth it.
The fact that it was stated as exponential is enough
all exponential graphs have an insanely low rate of growth in the beginning of them, so I don’t think there’s even a shred of evidence that could suggest saitama was lower than 4-A in the moments before the serious punch

Still would have been a growth, so it's not accurate to say the SSP^2 was reflective of his strength prior to him knowing of Genos' death.
You can take it this 2 ways:

1. Saitama started to grow since the very moment he knew of Genos' death, which covers why Garou had to copy Saitama one more time before the exponential chart chapter in order to match him. This means Saitama used his 100% power on that punch
2. Saitama's growth only started to affect the battle once Garou reached the same power Saitama had (that's not an assumption, it's stated). This means even if Saitama was growing then (exponentially or not) it didn't affect the fight as he still was holding back. This means the SSSP^2 wasn't Saitama's full power and that he didn't begin to use it until I.O. Moon (when he stated that he can go all out against an enemy that can hold against his full strength), and the exponential growth didn't appear until next chapter because it wasn't until then that Garou copied Saitama's full power.

2 seems more logical to me, but it feels weird Saitama held back in SSSP^2

Edit: Welp, you can interpret it on a third different way tbf: SSSP^2 was Saitama's full power, after which he started to grow because he was matched, which covers why he's stronger. But since Saitama doesn't know he's constantly growing (as he stated with King that he cannot grow anymore) he thought he wasn't using his 100% and started to "use it". Then, since Garou didn't use his power mimicry for all the chapter, he got completely stomped by the new full-power Saitama. And then, in the chapter where the exponential chart appears, since he's constantly copying Saitama's strength to match him in strength and speed, Saitama got continuously matched, until his growth did the job and left Garou into the dust.

That'd mean Saitama's growth is in fact bigger than we though: as it could pass from a matched punch (SSSP^2) to shitstomp Garou in a matter of seconds, to then start increasing Saitama's power exponentially to the point the gap between Saitama and Garou (with Saitama's full power a bit time before Saitama punched him) keeps getting greater and greater

Last edited:
If nothing else, we could just change the key name to something like Serious Punch2, post-garou fight, etc rather than making a 5th cluttered key based entirely on non-serious feats during his fight with Garou. I don't really care or agree to this, but it's an option.
The fact that it was stated as exponential is enough
all exponential graphs have an insanely low rate of growth in the beginning of them, so I don’t think there’s even a shred of evidence that could suggest saitama was lower than 4-A in the moments before the serious punch
It's stated that the growth itself is exponential, not necessarily the graph representing his increases. For example, each punch could triple his power (for example, 30 joules, 90 joules, 270 joules) rather than incremental (i.e, 30 joules, 60 joules, 90 joules), but the graph itself could use linear numbers on the axes.

But I digress because it seems that nobody agrees with Kachon's suggestion.

Last edited:
I'd argue it was, but it's just an example rather than anything integral to my point, since the later parts of the graph make up a leaning curve.

At this point, it’s probably going to be inevitable that the void Panel is going to be explained to be something else that isn’t the destruction of millions of stars. The Jupiter sneeze is hyped up to be the best feat in the series in story, while no one talks about the void, by no one I mean genos. And Blast and their team was there, they would Probably have mention it if it was there. I guess that can be explained away if destroying clusters of stars is something they deal with on a norm.

I’ve come to hate that feat honestly.

usual cope arguments, ngl
“UsUal cOPe ComMEnTS”

besides the fact that this is how you sound to me, nothing there is cope. It literally is dumb that the feat is ignored and the Jupiter feat is what is focused on in the story.

If you think thats cope, I have no idea what cope means to you. If you think I’m ignoring the feat, then you misread what I said.

The Jupiter sneeze is hyped up to be the best feat in the series in story
Not really. It's presented more as a side effect of Saitama's newly increased strength level, much like how his farts alone can propel him part-way across the solar system. The feat in and of itself isn't the hype, it's the fact that he did it by sneezing.

'But Garou evaded it'. He later gets directly punched in the face by a very pissed off Saitama who's at least as strong as when he performed the Jupiter feat and not performing some convulsive response.

There's also the King statement, but that's not a sign of power. That's a sign of how unlikely Genos' story seems to people who aren't anywhere close to that level. Within the series, Saitama already far surpassed the sandbag moon scale with his first Serious Punch (since King's sandbag hype derived from the moon crater) and the Earth-shattering SP2.
while no one talks about the void, by no one I mean genos. And Blast and their team was there, they would Probably have mention it if it was there. I guess that can be explained away if destroying clusters of stars is something they deal with on a norm.
Let's get something straight here, first of all; the audience are (with few exceptions) inherently given a more omniscient perception than the characters within the narrative. The fact that we can see the stars and know they're destroyed doesn't extend to Genos, Blast and his team, the latter of whom don't even know where the weakest part of the blast sent Saitama and Garou.

Secondly, Genos wouldn't even know that millions of stars were missing because Saitama and the core were sent in opposite directions to the explosion at the exact same time as it was directed outward.

So, yeah, it's very very likely, practically stated outright, that the characters didn't even know this happened at all (or at least the Blast Squad weren't apprised to it as of that moment in the timeline), especially when you factor in that the speed of light is an established thing in the series.
“UsUal cOPe ComMEnTS”

besides the fact that this is how you sound to me, nothing there is cope. It literally is dumb that the feat is ignored and the Jupiter feat is what is focused on in the story.

If you think thats cope, I have no idea what cope means to you. If you think I’m ignoring the feat, then you misread what I said.
Mentioned by characters =/= ignored within the story.

'I’ve come to hate that feat honestly.' Kinda sorta seems like cope to me, and these are the exact same arguments (like word for word) we've heard from lots of people. But if that wasn't the case, then I'm sorry.

Last edited:
Blatantly true. Saitama was going to erase the earth if it wasnt for someone Like blast. He was not holding back his rage.
go reread the moment they arrived on io, saitama literally says he was holding back not to destroy earth (it was going to be destroyed anyway but doesn't change the fact that he held back)

Not really. It's presented more as a side effect of Saitama's newly increased strength level, much like how his farts alone can propel him part-way across the solar system. The feat in and of itself isn't the hype, it's the fact that he did it by sneezing.

'But Garou evaded it'. He later gets directly punched in the face by a very pissed off Saitama who's at least as strong as when he performed the Jupiter feat.

There's also the King statement, but that's not a sign of power. That's a sign of how unlikely Genos' story seems to people who aren't anywhere close to that level. Within the series, Saitama already far surpassed this scale with his first Serious Punch and the Earth-shattering SP2.

Let's get something straight here, first of all; the audience are (with few exceptions) inherently given a more omniscient perception than the characters within the narrative. The fact that we can see the stars and know they're destroyed doesn't extend to Genos, Blast and his team, the latter of whom don't even know where the weakest part of the blast sent Saitama and Garou.

Secondly, Genos wouldn't even know that millions of stars were missing because Saitama and the core were sent in opposite directions to the explosion at the exact same time as it was directed outward.

So, yeah, it's very very likely that the characters didn't even know this happened at all (or at least the Blast Squad weren't apprised to it as of that moment in the timeline), especially when you factor in that the speed of light is an established thing in the series.

Mentioned by characters =/= ignored within the story.

'I’ve come to hate that feat honestly.' Kinda sorta seems like cope to me, and these are the exact same arguments (like word for word) we've heard from lots of people. But if that wasn't the case, then I'm sorry.
And here I thought you were going to show me why my argument was cope when this shit is literally on the same level as mine.

weak by your standards. Considering if I didn’t comment first, I could use a modified version of my post to counter this.

my guy, maybe you should have not commented without reading Clearly first before commenting.

Back