• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If this scaling is indeed true, this would mean Tatsumaki would have to use X level of power to be stronger than all heroes.
So them scaling above her physical body and still being weaker than her can still exist within the series.
This assumes that Tatsumaki isn't stronger than the vast majority of heroes (including DS) even with levels below what she used to destroy Psykos' meat puppet.
Wait was this before or after she iaian already escaped?
It's just what she used to gather up all the heroes, including Iaian, in general.

Youre losing me on the mini barrier bit and untapped power. What are you talking about

Also couldn't tats had been like constantly reinforcing her body already though? Theres no reason not to.
So you’re baselessly asserting that she’s creating a mini barrier around herself ontop of creating a bigger barrier around herself? Against someone she believes is fodder compared to herself? Idk man, im gonna have to ask for a source for this one. She has never been represented to do such a thing and I don’t believe its safe to assume so now.

Appropriately delusional take since we're talking about the guy who thinks "I'll beat Saitama next time!" after losing for the third time this week.

Meanwhile we have the modest and sensible Iaian on the other hand, who understands and recognizes his own level even though he never shrinks from taking on far more powerful opponents in times of need
Damn, that’s crazy

But Sonic‘s a twink, so >>>>>

This assumes that Tatsumaki isn't stronger than the vast majority of heroes (including DS) even with levels below what she used to destroy Psykos' meat puppet.
I’m assuming nothing though, this entire argument is about them being superior to base Tatsumaki, if this alludes to them being superior to Tatsumaki TKs to a certain degree then so be it lol. I fail to see where the contradiction comes in at

Uhm...Uhm... Uhm...

"Oh? Looks like you've got enough psychic power left for a bit of protection"

She was just too weak there for that protection to work against BS
So you’re baselessly asserting that she’s creating a mini barrier around herself ontop of creating a bigger barrier around herself? Against someone she believes is fodder compared to herself? Idk man, im gonna have to ask for a source for this one. She has never been represented to do such a thing and I don’t believe its safe to assume so now.

Im not talking about no mini barrier. I'm talking about an actual psychic ability that she can use to reinforce her body.

Im so confused what who are you talking about fodder to whom???

You're assuming she's only stronger than most heroes at a certain level. This is false.

You're also pretending as if Fuhrer being even somewhat relative to full power Tatsumaki is correct. It flagrantly isn't, like Tats at one of her weakest and most damaged levels being able to restrain him completely before he mutated.

Also, Orochi is stated to be >> all monsters while untransformed, and Psykos admitted he has more power than even she thought. PsykoOrochi is >>> Transformed Orochi, so even pretending that Fuhrer is close to this is non-sensical.

What's more likely, that Fuhrer is in any way close to these characters, or that they simply weren't using High 6-A levels of power? Psykos looks fairly casual to me, and she warned Tats that using too much power would back fire and crush her beforehand.

You're assuming she's only stronger than most heroes at a certain level. This is false.

You're also pretending as if Fuhrer being even somewhat relative to full power Tatsumaki is correct. It flagrantly isn't, like Tats at one of her weakest and most damaged levels being able to restrain him completely before he mutated.

Also, Orochi is stated to be >> all monsters while untransformed, and Psykos admitted he has more power than even she thought. PsykoOrochi is >>> Orochi, so even pretending that Fuhrer is close to this is non-sensical.

What's more likely, that Fuhrer is in any way close to these characters, or that they simply weren't using High 6-A levels of power? Psykos looks fairly casual to me, and she warned Tats that using too much power would back fire and crush her beforehand.

Im so confused on whos side is who now. I think the sleep deprivation is getting to me

Im not talking about no mini barrier. I'm talking about an actual psychic ability that she can use to reinforce her body.

Im so confused what who are you talking about fodder to whom???
Reinforcement and creating a mini barrier isnt the same thing, that Tatsumaki thing could have equally been explained by her just asserting more telekinetic power while doing this action vs her increase her base power using TK (something she is never described to do). It’s the equivalent of someone with TK lifting a car and pretending they’re doing it with their own strength. Plus WC only

Has Tatsumaki even showcased this ability? I didn’t think this was an actual thing outside of Fubuki who is clearly doing something outside the norm of basic TK.

She considers Pyckos fodder.

Even if she could boost her base stats like you claim, why would she actively be doing this against someone she considers fodder while having a barrier ontop of herself already? Makes no sense logically or narratively.

His argument was based on the fact that Fuhrer doesn't scale to Tats' level of power there at all, which I agree with.

So you’re asserting that no matter how much power Tatsumaki is using, she is always superior to every hero. Even if she was using .00000000000001% of her power, she is superior to every hero. It’s common sense that only when using X amount of power she surpasses certain heroes. She can suppress herself from regular human level all the way to High 6-A, so yes, only at a certain output she surpasses the heroes. I fail to see the conflict within this belief, it should be common sense given the nature of her power. She’s not always at full power.
I think you’re misunderstanding.
I never stated, claimed, implied or alluded to this idea. Misunderstanding, I’m “pretending” FU could burst open base Tatsumaki’s skull who in return is capable of surviving high 6-a TK for a little while.
Unless you believe Pycos is near full power Tatsumaki I fail to see how you would be confused here.
I’ve made it pretty clear that I’m scaling FU to base Tatsumaki (something presented in series) who in return can endure High 6-a attacks (also shown in series).
Also, Orochi is stated to be >> all monsters while untransformed, and Psykos admitted he has more power than even she thought. PsykoOrochi is >>> Transformed Orochi, so even pretending that Fuhrer is close to this is non-sensical.
Nobody is claiming they’re close to this level though.
Psykos without the fusion is High 6-A, Tatsumaki is aware of her power and sets her barriers to be enough to block her attacks, so while massively suppressed to Psykos level she should at least be high 6-a during this fight. Her base body could endure that level of energy, fu can crack her head open. Its ABC scaling.

His argument was based on the fact that Fuhrer doesn't scale to Tats' level of power there at all, which I agree with.

Oof i got confused because in my mind ziller's argument was alr answered by what I said about tatsumaki boosting her physicality through the protection ability and her being injured and in a weaker state makes her less able to reinforce herself when fhurer attacked her, making me extra confused when you brought up the "fhurer ugly isnt relative to tats at full power" point that looked close enough to mine against timmy who I thought agreed with me.

...until I remembered that timmy fully believes that tatsumaki physically tanked all that without powers...

So you’re asserting that no matter how much power Tatsumaki is using, she is always superior to every hero.
I didn't though. I literally said 'at levels below what she used to destroy Psykos' meat puppet', which is still far lower than what Tats used here.
She can suppress herself from regular human level all the way to High 6-A, so yes, only at a certain output she surpasses the heroes. I fail to see the conflict within this belief, it should be common sense given the nature of her power. She’s not always at full power.
My point is that she doesn't even use High 6-A levels of power in these situations, so there's no misunderstanding here.
I never stated, claimed, implied or alluded to this idea. Misunderstanding, I’m “pretending” FU could burst open base Tatsumaki’s skull who in return is capable of surviving high 6-a TK for a little while.

Unless you believe Pycos is near full power Tatsumaki I fail to see how you would be confused here.
I’ve made it pretty clear that I’m scaling FU to base Tatsumaki (something presented in series) who in return can endure High 6-a attacks (also shown in series).
Did I ever say full power? No, so where's this notion coming from? All I ever claimed was that Orochi is below Psykos, and Fuhrer is below that. Tatsumaki does scale to Psykos without her full power.
Psykos without the fusion is High 6-A
7-B, possibly High 6-A.

So everyone would be possibly High 6-A (if I don't downgrade the High 6-A thing in the future).

I didn't though. I literally said 'at levels below what she used to destroy Psykos' meat puppet', which is still far lower than what Tats used here.
And is it stated by any reliable source that the energy she’s using to destroy the puppet is superior to all of the S class? Regardless, feats>statements and any statement of the sort is clearly contradicted by what’s represented to take place further in the story.
My point is that she doesn't even use High 6-A levels of power in these situations, so there's no misunderstanding here.
My point is against Psykos she wasnt using High 6-A levels of power, as she was using superior strength to Psykos who is listed as High 6-A on this website.
Did I ever say full power? No, so where's this notion coming from? All I ever claimed was that Orochi is below Psykos, and Fuhrer is below that. Tatsumaki does scale to Psykos without her full power.
But you quite literally claimed I’m pretending that Fu is relative to full power Tatsumaki.

“You're also pretending as if Fuhrer being even somewhat relative to full power Tatsumaki is correct”
Did you forget about this statement or pretending that it was never made?

It’s good that we both agree that Tatsumaki=>>> Psykos while suppressed.
7-B, possibly High 6-A.

So everyone would be possibly High 6-A (if I don't downgrade the High 6-A thing in the future).
Yes, this is what I’m arguing.

And is it stated by any reliable source that the energy she’s using to destroy the puppet is superior to all of the S class? Regardless, feats>statements and any statement of the sort is clearly contradicted by what’s represented to take place further in the story.
It's stated by everyone, including DS, that she's stronger than them. And she's treated as such by the hero association, despite rarely ever exerting herself in any way.

Psykos herself said that BS and HE would need to combine their powers at that exact level.

And she was far stronger than all the S-Class during the Boros spaceship fight.
But you quite literally claimed I’m pretending that Fu is relative to full power Tatsumaki.

“You're also pretending as if Fuhrer being even somewhat relative to full power Tatsumaki is correct”
Did you forget about this statement or pretending that it was never made?
It's not forgetting, it was just a mistake.

Anyway, argument over, I guess.

Viz translation dropped and there is this huge difference from the fan translation:
Fan Translation
20230118_223125.jpg

Viz
20230118_223127.jpg

So, which one is correct?

Viz translation dropped and there is this huge difference from the fan translation:
Fan Translation
20230118_223125.jpg

Viz
20230118_223127.jpg

Same thing with garou being limitless in copying saitama, although I feel like people don't give a shit about official translations. because, well they literally didn't give a shit about the translation of kaguya creating and destroying a time-space, and many other official translations.
So, actually, I don't care much about this.

Can someone explain the difference???? They practically say the same thing 😭
There is a fairly massive difference between saying she can't protect her own sister and saying she can't protect a large group of people she hardly knows that work with her sister in addition to her sister.

Fan Translation
20230118_223125.jpg

Viz
20230118_223127.jpg

Probably the fan one based on visual implications given by Murata. In the large overhead panel, only Tatsumaki and Fubuki are shown as themselves, everyone else being a silhouette, and there's even the lines separating the chamber from the outside, giving the aesthetic of a divide. The visual implications given here make no sense under the context of Viz's translation, it would only make sense if just Tatsumaki was inside the chamber. Vib translation is more thematically and narratively fitting.

Besides, it's already well known that OPM Viz translations are kind of ass. "Crapola, this game is doody!" Ahhh translations 💀

Fan Translation
20230118_223125.jpg

Viz
20230118_223127.jpg

"I can't protect her" fits more Tatsumaki personality imo

Like, do you remember when Tatsumaki nearly killed all Fubuki followers because they were controlled by Do-S?

Nice lil piece of meta on the differences of WC Tatsumaki and Saitama compared to their manga counterparts

Back