• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man - 6-C Calc Removal and Atomic Samurai Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damage3245

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Removal of the 6-C Calc

The primary topic of this calc is to address the removal of this calc by Post-Darkshine Garou, as agreed upon in this thread.

The immediately affected profiles which have a 6-C rating due to this are:

Before going into what their new values would be however, there is another issue that I must address:

Issue with Atomic Samurai's scaling

So, all the way back a year ago in January 2022, it was decided in this thread by a consensus of staff that it would be best if Atomic Samurai with the Sun Blade should be rated as "far higher, possibly High 7-A" as if wasn't safe to scale him to the full value of Homeless Emperor's attack as he took around three dozen slashes to disperse the energy ball. The change was made here.

In early September 2022, the scaling for Golden Sperm was changed in this thread to use a multiplier in order to make him Low 6-B. Since Atomic Samurai scaled to Golden Sperm, his earlier scaling of "possibly High 7-A" was discarded to make him Low 6-B. The change was made here.

However later in September 2022, the multiplier was removed and Golden Sperm downgraded, which in turn should have reverted Atomic Samurai back to his profile scaling... however in this thread, Atomic Samurai was instead made fully High 7-A without any sign that it had been discussed. I'll admit that this is something I must have overlooked as I was on that thread but didn't realize that the rating had been changed without discussion. I don't blame anyone for this either as it's an easy mistake to overlook. The change was made here.

To summarize, Atomic Samurai should be updated firstly so that his rating is back to the agreed-upon "far higher, possibly High 7-A" that it was before. Once that is settled, then we'll have a better foundation to judge the scaling for the other characters.

The characters who would be affected by this are:

Last edited:
Shouldn't Atomic fully scale regardless? Its 12 slashes to obliterate the orb yes but each one should have been doing enough damage to be effective and Atomic is always overkill when it comes to slashing

It also avoids the atrocity to the eyesight that "far higher, possibly High 7-A" is

Shouldn't Atomic fully scale regardless? Its 12 slashes to obliterate the orb yes but each one should have been doing enough damage to be effective and Atomic is always overkill when it comes to slashing

It also avoids the atrocity to the eyesight that "Possibly at least 7-A likely far higher" is
We cannot assume that a single slash would disperse the orb when it took him dozens, and the amount of surface area his sword strikes through is miniscule compared to the full volume of the sphere so cannot assume he is counteracting the full "explosive force" with each slash either.

A full High 7-A rating is unwarranted for Atomic Samurai.

If we want to remove the possibly rating, we could just make him "At least 7-B, far higher with Sun Blade"

To me obliterating an attack completely is enough grounds for scaling but whatever
I second this
99% of the time we don’t take into account chip damage and characters attacking something multiple times
I’d need to see better reasoning than “he used multiple slashes”

To me obliterating an attack completely is enough grounds for scaling but whatever
I mean that's cool, but the point of that section of the OP is to revert changes that have were made without a CRT, so you'd have to make one yourself to get it added.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I'll make a sandbox soon with the proposed ratings.

Oh crap, we're back to this again.
The AS style itself is all about throwing a lot of attacks. How many situations where he cut something with 1 punch can you remember? Cutting into small pieces is his feature. This is not the case when we have to divide the damage by the number of hits.

If the sword did not match the sphere in strength, it would be destroyed after 1 attack.

By the way, what about Garou speed recalculation? In the last thread, we discussed that it is better to use the diameter of the crater.

@NikHelton We're not dividing the AP by the number of slashes, that was rejected a year ago.

And the Garou speed calculation has nothing to do with this thread.

Even if you do an unreasonable downplay and say that the amount of slashes changes his AP, the low 7-B rating should even exist since it’s completely impossible for him to be any lower than the divided result
but the possibly shouldn’t exist to begin with, just make him high 7-A

In that case, why don't we just do "High 7-A"?
Because Atomic Samurai has not demonstrated straightforward High 7-A AP, otherwise we wouldn't be having this topic. The agreed consensus was to give him a Possibly rating as a compromise.

For now, my proposal will be "Possibly" as that was what was decided on before.
How is the Sun Blade case different from other scaling?
What I mean is that a lot of characters didn't show their AP level, but they scaled because they were able to counter the characters of that level.

How is the Sun Blade case different from other scaling?
What I mean is that a lot of characters didn't show their AP level, but they scaled because they were able to counter the characters of that level.
Because Atomic Samurai used around three dozen slashes to disperse that energy ball. Simply cutting into doesn't mean equalling its full potency, and because he used a large number of slashes we can't assume that a single slash could accomplish the same feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back