• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Good chapter

I think this feat alongside the statement of her destroying Orochi to the celular level should be enough for her getting dura neg

She was actually going to cripple those poor Fubuki/Blizzard Group peeps so that they could never be heroes again, bloody hell 😂

This + next chapter about to be great.

durability negation
elasticity
possibility regeneration
limited copycat

MORE HAXES
Just dura neg lol, her "elasticity" if even that looks like something a professional athlete could manage. Idk about copycat, translation is wacky and it sounds more like she tracked the esper dude wavelengths to determine where the pill was on Fubuki's body.

If she actually got her bones broken and just instantly recovered she could get Regen or Healing

On the Mob thread someone essentially said Tats has the battle IQ of a meathead so ig this chapter refutes that
To be frank she refuted that during the Psykorochi fight when she: a) disguised her energy signal while, b) maintaining her half of an island level rock storm, while also c) controlling a dodging shadow clone, while also d) maintaining 7-8 different barriers in various places.

That's quite a large amount of multitasking for a meathead- not to mention how she was able to reverse engineer her way through Psykos's psychic relays to find her and how she created a new barrier technique on the fly to counter Psykos's barrier inversion. Espers find with their minds, I think it's rare to see a meathead esper.

Still salty that we had that vs battle right before the start of the Psychic sisters arc feats.

Fodder. But it isn't an anti-feat considering it was an unintentional side-effect of her aura while she was suppressed and weakened.
the feat wasnt even tatsumaki herself LOL
she was just standing by tanking that dude without any efforts, the earthquake was the side of effect of HIS attack clashing with her defensive aura.

tatsumaki is acting like a totally godness this, theres actually no antifeats.

The Japanese use the Shindo seismic intensity system, not the Richter magnitude system. A SI 6- earthquake on the Shindo scale is most often a magnitude 7 earthquake on the Richter scale and this guy says: "they say we won't feel a 6 or below", meaning that they wouldn't feel a magnitude 7 earthquake.

It's either 2.6 megatons (M 7.5), 15 megatons (M 8) or 84 megatons (M 8.5), probably one of the latter two given that our best current tech can withstand multiple magnitude 8 earthquakes with no structural damage and Metal Knight is stupidly advanced in this regard

Agent Finger is pretty strong

''what tatsumaki did... was twist the capsule, contents and all, into the shape of a needle, thinner than a strand of a hair''
is this really only a very refined TK feat?

''what tatsumaki did... was twist the capsule, contents and all, into the shape of a needle, thinner than a strand of a hair''
is this really only a very refined TK feat?
This specific part only notes surgical precision with her TK. But her being able to affect a pill inside fubuki and then yank it out could be argued as durability negation (can affect her opponent's innards with TK)

This specific part only notes surgical precision with her TK. But her being able to affect a pill inside fubuki and then yank it out could be argued as durability negation (can affect her opponent's innards with TK)
too soon to make a crt about it? i wonder hehe

Okay, wow I spoke with Graywords and the translation team about this and the Kanji is indeed Shindo. But 6 on the Shindo scale would also mean 6+, which is "it is impossible to remain standing or move without crawling, people may be thrown into the air" meaning that this earthquake could really be an 8.5 or even a 9. We'll need to discuss this.
Do we have a set-up for converting the Shindo scale into the moment magnitude scale?

Going off Japans time description for a 6- here, it's the same as the USG description of a magnitude 8, and the 6+/7 is similar to that of a nine. I know a magnitude 9 earthquake sounds crazy given the devastation those cause in real life, but it's worth noting that Metal Knight's smaller base withstood a nuclear bombardment with only minor shaking.

I'd suggest quantifying this earthquake as an 8.5 on the low end (above the description of a 6-) and a 9 on the high end. What do you think?
shindo-explainer.jpg

vhp_img5113.png

We had this discussion on the webcomic as well. We determined that the area was too small to equivocate it to an earthquake.

Earthquake resistant buildings and such aren't designed to and don't take the full energy of an earthquake, so just shaking/destroying buildings designed to handle them is nowhere near as impressive as affecting them with a fully-sized earthquake.

Last edited:
We had this discussion on the webcomic as well. We determined that the area was too small to equivocate it to an earthquake.

Earthquake resistant buildings and such aren't designed to and don't take the full energy of an earthquake, so just shaking/destroying buildings designed to handle them is nowhere near as impressive as affecting them with a fully-sized earthquake.
I believe there was a calculation for the webcomic version of this feat with small city level results, was that deemed valid and if so, is it still around?

Just read the translated chapter
Tatsumaki was really gonna cripple the fubuki group over nothing?
She really is an evil goblin lol, she needs to get her ass kicked.

It wasn't a calculation, it was based on using the Shindo scale.

We agreed that it was actually Large Town level, and then we completely removed the feat altogether for this reason.
That means we'll have to calculate right and proper then using what we see on the screen. Problem is, I've never done a feat like this. If anyone knows of any building shaking calculations we have right now, let me know and I'll piggyback off of that

Earthquakes occur over hundreds of kilometres from depths of tens to hundreds of kilometres. This is extremely shallow according to the HA themselves, so the amount of energy being received by the city would represent a much greater percentage of the total energy than a real earthquake.

DontTalkDT stated that at least 100 meters is necessary for the Earthquake formula to kick in.

This just means that the source of the energy is not super deep underground. How does this prove anything?
Because, as I said, buildings aren't actually designed to withstand the entire yield of earthquakes, which are spread over a considerable distance.

Since this telekinetic earthquake is orders of magnitude closer to the surface than a real one, it wouldn't need to be anywhere near as powerful as a real earthquake to shake a building designed to withstand a mag 6 on the shindo scale.
It's much greater than 100 meters.
No it isn't. It's 13 floors.

This is the most common method to calculate earthquakes.

The method is identical to that of "Case 2: Natural Earthquakes", just this time instead of the "Total Seismic Moment Energy" (MO)" value our end result is the "Seismic Energy in Waves Radiated from Earthquake Source" value.

The reason one uses that value in this case is that the big energy loss that comes through the movement of the continental plate or similar processes of natural earthquakes is not present here. Instead we can only use the amount of energy that actually takes part in the effects we observer. Hence only the energy radiated in form of seismic waves is relevant for this case.

There's a massive difference between Radiated Waves and Total Seismic Energy, which is the earthquake movement that happens with tectonic plate movement. So yes Total Seismic Energy cannot be used as those Earthquake are from tectonic plate movement from hundreds of kilometers down.

But that is irrelevant for Case 3: Other, it only uses Radiated Waves and not Total Seismic Energy. It doesn't involve hundreds of km of depth of plate movement. This method of calculating Earthquakes is already taking into account this isn't happening hundreds of km below the ground.

Mag 1 Earthquake (Radiated Waves): 0.000476879063098 Tons of TNT

Mag 1 Earthquake (Total Seismic Energy): 9.3198374761 Tons of TNT

See the massive difference from a Radiated Wave quake which is on the surface for vs a real earthquake that happens hundreds of km down below the ground?

That's over a 1900000% difference between them.

DontTalkDT stated that at least 100 meters is necessary for the Earthquake formula to kick in.
From the pixel scaling I've done today I've got a hypocenter depth of 233 meters scaling off the Hero Association.
This is the most common method to calculate earthquakes.

But that is irrelevant for Case 3: Other, it only uses Radiated Waves and not Total Seismic Energy. It doesn't involve hundreds of km of depth of plate movement. This method of calculating Earthquakes is already taking into account this isn't happening hundreds of km below the ground.

Mag 1 Earthquake (Radiated Waves): 0.000476879063098 Tons of TNT

Mag 1 Earthquake (Total Seismic Energy): 9.3198374761 Tons of TNT

See the massive difference from a Radiated Wave quake which is on the surface for vs a real earthquake that happens hundreds of km down below the ground?

That's over a 1900000% difference between them.
Thank you. I'll use case 3 with the pixel scaled distance. But the question of the magnitude remains- given the earthquake resistance of the building should I count it as a shindo 7 (8-9) or given the distance do I put it down a tier?

Back