• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
A low dragon that tanked Saitama's hits better than the strongest monster? Believable.
I don't think he's low dragon for the record, but didn't Saitama go easy on him because he thought he was just a big dog?

A low dragon that tanked Saitama's hits better than the strongest monster? Believable.
Well, Rover never tanked a normal casual punch from Saitama. Saitama directly stated he was holding back. If not for that statement though it could be argued that Rover is easily near the peak of Dragon level.

I don't mean to say he's weak or anything. He's just no that high into the category, he's more low-mid to mid rather than low. Low 7-B+ is low dragon
He's not low-mid or anything like that. At the very least he's near the pinnacle of what would be considered Mid Dragon, likely High Dragon. Read what I said before about Rover's feats.

This implies that Saitama doesn't go easy on literally every opponent.
He doesn't. Saitama just doesn't go serious. Imagine throwing a half assed punch that you're not really putting effort into, but not holding back on. He specifically holds back against Rover however, because he doesn't view him as a Monster.

Rover didn't take an earnest punch, but the earthquakes from the punch are likely higher end 7-B, surviving an attack of that magnitude is very impressive killing intent or not.

Saitama couldn't tell the difference between Gouketsu and a regular monster.
Him considering Rover a dog doesn't hurt his placing in the tier list.

Saitama couldn't tell the difference between Gouketsu and a regular monster.
Him considering Rover a dog doesn't hurt his placing in the tier list.
Not saying it does, just that "he took a punch from Saitama better than x" is a completely meaningless argument.

Wasn't it considered Low 7-B or High 7-C? If it's higher end 7-B that's close to if not debatably reaching High Dragon.
I'm not sure if I did not the seismic energy right, but the punch could be anything from High 7-C to 7-B. Narratively at least, the punch got everyone's attention

That's not how it works dude. He doesn't go easy on Monster's, he just doesn't try, look at my explanation of it. Saitama specifying that he was holding back means that it wasn't a standard casual punch, and thus, Rover doesn't remotely scale to his punches. He even says "No matter how you look at it, it's definitely a Monster this time. I won't have to go easy on you, get ready for a normal beating." referring to Orochi.

I noticed something about Genos's incineration cannon vs EC
Of course it was originally aimed at Phoenix Man.
We see some decently sized hills in the other direction. Taller than industrial buildings.
Elder Centipede intercepts the beam
and these tiny things might be the same hills? it's at the right angle I think.
@Ourosboros

Doesn't that just imply he goes easy on everyone else??? I genuinely don't see why this means he specifically held back for Rover.

Doesn't that just imply he goes easy on everyone else??? I genuinely don't see why this means he specifically held back for Rover.
"Normal" being the operative word. He doesn't consider his punch against Rover to be "normal", yet it was definitely not serious, therefore it can be concluded he was holding back more than he normally does. He's a hero, he wouldn't want to accidentally kill a normal dog.

What? What are you even interpreting it as?

Saitama uses a certain amount of power in his usual punches against Monster's. Those are the most common punches we see from him. He doesn't care about the lives of Monster's, so he doesn't hold back against them, but doesn't go serious against them because there's no point. On the other hand, Rover is just a big ol' dog in his eyes, so he intentionally holds back to not kill it.

I don't see why that means he specifically held back for Rover. Saying he thought it was a giant dog after it blasted a giant fuckoff energy blast at him just seems wrong.

Where does it specifically say that he was holding back against Rover?

I don't see why that means he specifically held back for Rover. Saying he thought it was a giant dog after it blasted a giant fuckoff energy blast at him just seems wrong.
We're talking about Saitama here, he's very far from bright. There's a reason he bombed the written exam.

Saitama isn't a moron, though. I don't believe he'd imagine that a 12 foot tall pitch black dog shooting giant energy blasts is just "some normal dog".

For what I said about low and high dragons. Here is just my interpretations of ranking for the entire category:

• Low 7-B+ = Low Dragon
  • 7-B = Low-Mid Dragon
  • 7-A+ = Mid Dragon
  • 6-C = High-Mid Dragon
  • Low 6-B = Figh or peak dragon

Rover is definitely not in the same category of trash like bakuzan, but isn't THAT high in the grand scheme of things, especially when there are monsters much stronger than him. He falls between Low-Mid and Mid for me.

Saitama isn't a moron, though. I don't believe he'd imagine that a 12 foot tall pitch black dog shooting giant energy blasts is just "some normal dog".
He failed miserably on the HA's written test, only BARELY passing and getting literally the lowest position in the Association only because of his absurd physical abilities. He constantly gets names wrong, usually only remembering names of people he's met repeatedly or knows somewhat personally. He also seems to lack basic common sense on occasion. And he literally calls and treats Rover as a dog in the manga itself, which destroys your point.

That's what Fubuki believed, and neither of them denied it.
Because they didn't care what she said. She severely underestimated Bomb, thinking of him as a normal old man (Bomb completely had no clue what she was going on), and later was utterly surprised by him and his younger bother.

Back