• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
R.c7f056cd153dd25bf9292d596f0cabfe

And I found the limiters page!
If you want it so badly, make it yourself lmao

The second rule can be removed, but the first is something that has cropped up and won't go away, so it stays.
Yeah it's kinda weird to say that in a rule page, that second rule fits more in a note on Saitama's actual page, but the absurd limitless arguments are an actual annoyance (especially now that it is objectively wrong but STILL argued) and I fully agree with prohibiting it.

Berserk discussion thread for any other fans (it's back btw):

Oi-, don't you think Saitama should gain some kind of Analytical Prediction?

Here Saitama evaded an attack which Garou transported with a portal, so he should've predicted Garou would use a portal to enlarge his punch

Here Saitama counterattacked Garou (who was behind Saitama) without looking at him.

But this is the most important feat imo. As you see, Saitama uses the omnidirectional serious punch with thousands of afterimages. And when Garou tries to evade them using a portal, at the other side of the just generated portal, there it was Saitama, who crossed the portal from the other side to punch Garou. To do so, Saitama should've predicted Garou would use a portal, and where he would put the other side of the gate so he (Saitama) could cross the gate from the other side.

And, well, you may also consider a feat that when Saitama and Garou where fighting, both with their full strength, Saitama could connect punches at Garou despite Garou's massive analytical prediction

What do you think?

Oi-, don't you think Saitama should gain some kind of Analytical Prediction?

Here Saitama evaded an attack which Garou transported with a portal, so he should've predicted Garou would use a portal to enlarge his punch

Here Saitama counterattacked Garou (who was behind Saitama) without looking at him.

But this is the most important feat imo. As you see, Saitama uses the omnidirectional serious punch with thousands of afterimages. And when Garou tries to evade them using a portal, at the other side of the just generated portal, there it was Saitama, who crossed the portal from the other side to punch Garou. To do so, Saitama should've predicted Garou would use a portal, and where he would put the other side of the gate so he (Saitama) could cross the gate from the other side.

And, well, you may also consider a feat that when Saitama and Garou where fighting, both with their full strength, Saitama could connect punches at Garou despite Garou's massive analytical prediction

What do you think?
The first one looks more like Garou's punch just knocked his head back.

Saitama doesn't need that to know that Garou was attacking behind him, he just threw a punch and hit Garou. The most that's added is instinctive reactions when someone responds to an attack they're not seeing, which is what the second feat would be considered.

Again, this is still a stretch to call it analytical prediction, Garou has spammed portals the entire fight, anyone could guess he might use a portal there and just prepare in case he does, analytical prediction is being able to actually tell an opponent's exact move through analysis of the way they fight, like Goku predicting when and where Hit would attack him in the future, just guessing an opponent using an ability (especially using a portal to escape an attack) simply requires intelligence. Vegeta could predict that Hit would use time-skip soon, and prepared for it so he could grab Hit, but he didn't actually predict when it would happen, or where Hit would attack, thus Vegeta does not possess analytical prediction on his profile, this is a similar case. Generally speaking, when analytical prediction is given, the evidence for it involves a scene where we clearly see or are even told that the character had accurately predicted an attack based on observation. I'd pretty safely say that if I were Saitama there, I would guess that Garou was gonna use a portal to avoid the attack.

Last edited:
Again, this is still a stretch to call it analytical prediction, Garou has spammed portals the entire fight, anyone could guess he might use a portal there and just prepare in case he does, analytical prediction is being able to actually tell an opponent's exact move through analysis of the way they fight, like Goku predicting when and where Hit would attack him in the future, just guessing an opponent using an ability (especially using a portal to escape an attack) simply requires intelligence. Vegeta could predict that Hit would use time-skip soon, and prepared for it so he could grab Hit, but he didn't actually predict when it would happen, or where Hit would attack, thus Vegeta does not possess analytical prediction on his profile, this is a similar case. Generally speaking, when analytical prediction is given, the evidence for it involves a scene where we clearly see or are even told that the character had accurately predicted an attack based on observation. I'd pretty safely say that if I were Saitama there, I would guess that Garou was gonna use a portal to avoid the attack.
I mean, even if Saitama knew Garou was going to use a portal to evade the omnidirectional Serious Punch, to punch Garou from the other side of the Portal, Saitama should've guessed where Garou would've opened the other gate and punch him from there.

But afterimages are only that, afterimages, not clones that can act by their own.

For Saitama to punch Garou from the other side of the Portal, he should've predicted where Garou was going to put the other side of such Portal.

I mean, even if Saitama knew Garou was going to use a portal to evade the omnidirectional Serious Punch, to punch Garou from the other side of the Portal, Saitama should've guessed where Garou would've opened the other gate and punch him from there.
Saitama was attacking omni-directionally, he was already positioned properly after the portal was made. If that was your argument I would've approached my response a bit differently.

zxMw2qG.png
qsUoDn8.png
LBTJuVI.png

I don't see this getting analytical prediction. Though maybe fear hax for making Garou say "Eek?!".

Saitama was attacking omni-directionally, he was already positioned properly after the portal was made. If that was your argument I would've approached my response a bit differently.

zxMw2qG.png
qsUoDn8.png
LBTJuVI.png

I don't see this getting analytical prediction. Though maybe fear hax for making Garou say "Eek?!".
My point is:

Garou created a portal. Such portal transports Garou to a completely different position away of all Saitama's afterimages (via common sense, if he's using a portal to evade omnidirectional serious punch, there is no reason for Garou to put the other gate of the portal somewhere where Saitama could just punch him)

But when he opened the portal, it is shown that the real Saitama, not an afterimage (which is not a real being, but a visual trick. Saitama's only in one position at the time, the other "Saitamas" are not clones, but afterimages left by his speef), but the real Saitama was already waiting him from the other side. So, Saitama should've been waiting Garou patientlly from the location where Garou would've put the other side of the Portal, to punch him when he opened such way.

If Saitama were below Garou, he wouldn't have been at the other side of the Portal (which he is), but below both Garou and the portal

Wait, I didn't even understand this scene until just now. So Garou was falling into a portal to come out of another one, which means Saitama would've needed to enter through Garou's alternate portal to attack him from there? I always interpreted it as Saitama following Garou through the portal and just punching him there.

Still, idk if it warrants analytical prediction, for the reasons I mentioned before.

My point is:

Garou created a portal. Such portal transports Garou to a completely different position away of all Saitama's afterimages (via common sense, if he's using a portal to evade omnidirectional serious punch, there is no reason for Garou to put the other gate of the portal somewhere where Saitama could just punch him)

But when he opened the portal, it is shown that the real Saitama, not an afterimage (which is not a real being, but a visual trick. Saitama's only in one position at the time, the other "Saitamas" are not clones, but afterimages left by his speef), but the real Saitama was already waiting him from the other side. So, Saitama should've been waiting Garou patientlly from the location where Garou would've put the other side of the Portal, to punch him when he opened such way.

If Saitama were below Garou, he wouldn't have been at the other side of the Portal (which he is), but below both Garou and the portal
I know that now.

I guess this could get a "likely analytical prediction" if given its own CRT, I'd be surprised if it got a full on analytical prediction for Saitama though, but that's not up to me.

Wait, I didn't even understand this scene until just now. So Garou was falling into a portal to come out of another one, which means Saitama would've needed to enter through Garou's alternate portal to attack him from there?
Basically yeah
I always interpreted it as Saitama following Garou through the portal and just punching him there.
Nah. Saitama was already there when Garou tried to escape, which is why Garou got scared when crossing the portal. And Saitama, in fact, punched Garou out of the portal Garou was trying to cross, not to the other side.
Still, idk if it warrants analytical prediction, for the reasons I mentioned before.
Which reasons?

Basically yeah

Nah. Saitama was already there when Garou tried to escape, which is why Garou got scared when crossing the portal. And Saitama, in fact, punched Garou out of the portal Garou was trying to cross, not to the other side.

Which reasons?
Because Saitama still could've just guessed Garou was gonna used a portal and prepared for it ahead of time. Preparing for an opponent to use an ability is not analytical prediction, as I mentioned. Vegeta could guess that Hit was gonna use time-skip, so he prepared to take the next attack and grab him the moment he felt the blow, but he didn't predict when Hit would attack, let alone how or where. It's still a reach to say that Saitama knew when and where the portal would be made when we don't have context, not to mention he was still a lot faster than Garou at the time, enough to borderline blitz him.

think it should be added that Saitama doesn't have infinite power/strength or that he is just a gag character because it now has been directly contradicted by the manga.

That being said, he is limitless but he needs time for his AD to kick in.
Saitama is confirmed to not be limitless. The most he theoretically has is the ability to grow stronger by a theoretical infinite degree but at best it makes him 3-A and we have zero supporting evidence for that.

Because Saitama still could've just guessed Garou was gonna used a portal and prepared for it ahead of time.
i mean, even if he guessed Garou would've used a portal, there is no way Saitama guessed where the other side of the Portal would be to instantly appear there when Garou was just starting to cross it. Considering the countless amount of possible places Garou could've put the other side.
Preparing for an opponent to use an ability is not analytical prediction, as I mentioned. Vegeta could guess that Hit was gonna use time-skip, so he prepared to take the next attack and grab him the moment he felt the blow, but he didn't predict when Hit would attack, let alone how or where. It's still a reach to say that Saitama knew when and where the portal would be made when we don't have context, not to mention he was still a lot faster than Garou at the time, enough to borderline blitz him.
Fair ig

Again, I'd go for a "likely analytical prediction", I would agree that he probably did accurately and precisely predict where the second portal would be made, but we don't actually know that, thus I wouldn't word it as a definitive truth.

Saitama is confirmed to not be limitless. The most he theoretically has is the ability to grow stronger by a theoretical infinite degree but at best it makes him 3-A and we have zero supporting evidence for that.
Well, that's what I mean by limitless, there isn't a cap to how strong he can get.

Anyway, the ruling should be updated regardless.

We don't need a rule for that lol.

As long as Saitama doesn't have Toon Force ability nor High 3-A AP, anyone who argues for him being that strong/having that ability should do a CRT to get it added instead of arguing something that there isn't on Saitama's profile

We don't need a rule for that lol.

As long as Saitama doesn't have Toon Force ability nor High 3-A AP, anyone who argues for him being that strong/having that ability should do a CRT to get it added instead of arguing something that there isn't on Saitama's profile
It's about discussion rules lol, it's outdated

Back