• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
what do y’all want Garous consequences to really be? Bang already stated he was gonna do exactly this several chapters ago and technically in this timeline awakened garou didn’t do anything down right horrible yet

Damn Garou got a Steven Universe redemption lol
eh, to be fair besides getting into a few fights with heroes and being monsterized for a bit he didn't manage to cause much harm to people without the cosmic form, not to mention metal bat can vouch that the dude beat up the big ol' centipede and some can vouch for Garou saving people. In short, he paid for the food and now he's under a trusted member's control, not to mention that we have to acknowledge that to the hero assosiation he is an invaluable human asset and as long as he doesn't act like a monster he'd be too important to kill.

Btw idk about OPM laws but if they are in any way the same as pre-april Japan laws then i am pretty sure Garou would've been considered underaged since pre-april the age of adulthood was 20.

More people should wait for translations and decent scans before coming up with criticisms or theories. It makes for a better discussion when potential complaints are addressed, in some cases directly, by better images or translations, and are removed from discussion.

eh, to be fair besides getting into a few fights with heroes and being monsterized for a bit he didn't manage to cause much harm to people without the cosmic form, not to mention metal bat can vouch that the dude beat up the big ol' centipede and some can vouch for Garou saving people. In short, he paid for the food and now he's under a trusted member's control, not to mention that we have to acknowledge that to the hero assosiation he is an invaluable human asset and as long as he doesn't act like a monster he'd be too important to kill.
You say "getting into some fights" as if it wasn't included freaking taking a hero's arm of and beating many others to near death for nothing but "hur dur hero hunter"

Garou's actions may not be absolutely unforgivable but him being free and well without any major consequence is insulting, bluepilled and Steven Universal, no matter how much you try to ignore his crimes

More people should wait for translations and decent scans before coming up with criticisms or theories. It makes for a better discussion when potential complaints are addressed, in some cases directly, by better images or translations, and are removed from discussion.
It's translated

Honestly garou paying for his crimes via hero work is a pretty nice tie-in to how he was introduced massacring sitch´s initial proposal.

You say "getting into some fights" as if it wasn't included freaking taking a hero's arm of and beating many others to near death

Garou's actions may not be absolutely unforgivable but him being free and well without any major consequence is insulting, bluepilled and Steven Universal, no matter how much you try to ignore his crimes
wait he took someone's arm? I literally don't remember that mate. As far as i remember he did get into fights but never did i remember him causing that much damage. Like i'd say if he was a normal guy just put him in jail for a few years but considering he is S class tier it would be the same story as Pri-pri-prisoner who gets out of jail whenever he feels like it, except this time it would be worse since so far in WC the most they've contained is demon class mosnters and at this point Garou is Dragon class so yeah, it is definitely a better choice to just have him be rehabilitated by a trusted hero and be turned into humanities hope instead of just be thrown into jail since, you know, jail isn't exactly the best punishment out there and would probably just make it worse.

also, by the laws of japan
" A person who commits an act of assault or intimidation against a public officer in the performance of public duty shall be punished by imprisonment with or without work for not more than 3 years or a fine of not more than 500,000 yen."

so, 4k$ and 3 years at most for assault of an OFFICER and heroes, as far as i know, aren't even officers, so the law wouldn't apply the same to them.

Overall, putting a guy with hatred for heroes who could kick the crap out of like, most S class hereos out there is probably not the best choice especially with what happens every weekend with pri-pri-priosoner.

For the record, in his first appearance in the manga he did rip off one of the hero's arms off.
images

Not hating on the chapter itself, as I do in fact like it (probably one of the only ones who do overall), but yeah he did do this.

For the record, in his first appearance in the manga he did rip off one of the hero's arms off.
images

Not hating on the chapter itself, as I do in fact like it (probably one of the only ones who do overall), but yeah he did do this.
damn i just completely forgot bout' that. Still, probably better to have a top 3 S class rehab him than putting him in jail and having him break out and go:

Nah bud I’m not handwaving all of Garou’s actions, this conclusion to his arc is garbo. Garou’s ideology and motives were ultimately reduced to a joke.

Garou being so chummy with Bang so quickly also isn’t good character development

Ok, the translated version is out. It’s kinda heartwarming to see Garou acting so chummy with Bang, but it still completely ruins Garou’s character. He’s basically getting a hand wave for all his crimes. What pisses me off the most is that this chapter, his entire ideology is treated like an edgy emo kid acting out. Like what the ****? He brought up some good points in his ideology that should’ve been properly countered like they were in the webcomic. This is just sad to see what Garou’s devolved into.

Besides that, I liked seeing Tareo mature. Not only that, but Waganma managed to mature as well and is no longer the self-centered spoiled brat he was before. Also a fun moment with Genos and Saitama at the end.

but he is paying for his crimes though, ion know what yall want lmao

another beating for garou?
We want what happened in the webcomic. A more natural transition of character for Garou. In the webcomic, Garou took more time to reflect before atoning by contributing to society in his own way. Then when Suiryu came to bring him in, Garou fought only to defend himself while still being rather solemn and self-loathing. Here Garou just suddenly goes from a genuinely hurting young man trying to change the flawed world to an overly edgy teenager who was acting out and needed his mentor Bang to discipline him. And he’s not really paying for his crimes either. He gets to be supervised by Bang and regularly spar with his mentor, something Garou enjoys doing. So how is that really any punishment? And it’s not like he’s trying to make up for what he did either. He’s not going to any of the heroes he beat up before and apologizing to any of them, because he still doesn’t feel genuinely remorseful for any of what he did, cuz apparently he’s an emo teenager now.

And when the hell did Garou suddenly gain this new respect for Bang? What’s worse is that it happens in the span of a single chapter, not laid out in multiple chapters. It’s like the ending of AOT, where Eren’s turned into a crying little pussy who’s excused by all his friends and treated like a hero by his friends for genociding the population. Garou didn’t commit the same heinous crimes, but he was still very brutal during his hero hunt. That’s what everybody’s pissed about.

Last edited:
We want what happened in the webcomic. A more natural transition of character for Garou. In the webcomic, Garou took more time to reflect before atoning by contributing to society in his own way. Then when Suiryu came to bring him in, Garou fought only to defend himself while still being rather solemn and self-loathing. Here Garou just suddenly goes from a genuinely hurting young man trying to change the flawed world to an overly edgy teenager who was acting out and needed his mentor Bang to discipline him. And he’s not really paying for his crimes either. He gets to be supervised by Bang and regularly spar with his mentor, something Garou enjoys doing. So how is that really any punishment? And it’s not like he’s trying to make up for what he did either. He’s not going to any of the heroes he beat up before and apologizing to any of them, because he still doesn’t feel genuinely remorseful for any of what he did, cuz apparently he’s an emo teenager now.

And when the hell did Garou suddenly gain this new respect for Bang? What’s worse is that it happens in the span of a single chapter, not laid out in multiple chapters. It’s like the ending of AOT, where Eren’s turned into a crying little pussy who’s excused by all his friends and treated like a hero by his friends for genociding the population. Garou didn’t commit the same heinous crimes, but he was still very brutal during his hero hunt. That’s what everybody’s pissed about.
Thanks for the aot spoiler

You say "getting into some fights" as if it wasn't included freaking taking a hero's arm of and beating many others to near death for nothing but "hur dur hero hunter"

I mean it's pretty obvious that Garou being accepted as a hero will be the catalyst for a lot of the hunted joining the Neo Heroes in the future

Anyways who’s gonna be the next big bad? As far as I’m aware there’s no next big bad in the webcomic yet, and I doubt that Saitama is gonna really go at it with the mad cyborg unless it takes god’s power

images

Forgot to mention that Blue Fire was completely fine with burning Garou and the other humans alive 😶

Ok, the translated version is out. It’s kinda heartwarming to see Garou acting so chummy with Bang, but it still completely ruins Garou’s character. He’s basically getting a hand wave for all his crimes. What pisses me off the most is that this chapter, his entire ideology is treated like an edgy emo kid acting out. Like what the ****? He brought up some good points in his ideology that should’ve been properly countered like they were in the webcomic. This is just sad to see what Garou’s devolved into.

Besides that, I liked seeing Tareo mature. Not only that, but Waganma managed to mature as well and is no longer the self-centered spoiled brat he was before. Also a fun moment with Genos and Saitama at the end.
Read the webcomic again, literally nobody counters what Garou says there, Saitama just leaves him shocked and without a will to live after saying that "it's just a hobby lmao xd"

Read the webcomic again, literally nobody counters what Garou says there, Saitama just leaves him shocked and without a will to live after saying that "it's just a hobby"
No, Garou's only left shocked and without a will to live when Saitama reveals his true inner turmoil and desire of being a hero. When Garou realizes that Saitama's right, it makes him feel as his whole ideology and everything he fought for becomes meaningless, which is why he accepts death until Tareo makes him regain his will to live.

Anyways who’s gonna be the next big bad? As far as I’m aware there’s no next big bad in the webcomic yet, and I doubt that Saitama is gonna really go at it with the mad cyborg unless it takes god’s power
For side-characters? Maybe the Ninja Village Leader or Psykos. For Saitama? Maybe we can get a fight which doesn't end with a punch with that Dragon he summoned and one-shotted in the WC.

Otherwise, we should end to the mad cyborg or see if Zombieman looking for God's information makes him a God puppet I prefer him trying to break his limiter at the WC tbh

Back