• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Probably not. Every time he is fighting well with Saitama, we see Garou's version of Saitama's face plastered onto his own. Most likely he was just staying in Saitama Mode, which kept evolving every time the actual Saitama grew. But Garou's ability to copy could not keep up with Saitama's ability to grow, boosted by his emotional state.

He could still just make a mode for whoever he's up against though in a versus battle, as long as they're not so powerful he literally cannot copy them even remotely.
yeah ngl, people kept saying Garou kept the physical stats of things he copied, but I don't remember that ever happening. He can clearly keep using hax/techniques he copies/sees, but i don't recall seeing something that specifically says he permanently keeps the physical stats of copied people in particular

Question: Does Garou keep the strength he copies permanently, even while outside of his Saitama Mode?
He does. Otherwise he wouldn’t have stopped using Saitama mode when he and Saitama were first sent to Io and he wouldn’t say the techniques he copied are perfected while not using Saitama mode after the CNP clash against Saitama on Earth.

If Saitama hits the air in their direction, they die. Also, the Rat literally has to pierce skin to induce that biological effect. It's incredibly dumb.
Came here to say, it actually doesn't, it's contact based.
You're conflating it piercing the skin and it inducing the effect as being required for each other. It isn't, it just so happens to have a projectile that pierces when it uses poison, it's no different than various other contact based poisons, hell we even see it with Star Platinum who merely plucking it out of the air was afflicted with the poison, melting his hand, Jotaro even says himself, just touching it activated the poison.

Not to say anything about the match, vs matches in general sus.

yeah ngl, people kept saying Garou kept the physical stats of things he copied, but I don't remember that ever happening. He can clearly keep using hax/techniques he copies/sees, but i don't recall seeing something that specifically says he permanently keeps the physical stats of copied people in particular
this is reverse burden of proof by the way, I shouldn't even have to explain why he keeps powers
the mode: saitama isn't even a literal mode as Garou explained before doing it the first time, he just calls it mode because it sounds cool

There is no room to deny that Garou keeps the power he copies.

Garou could tell Saitama wasn’t using his full power after copying Saitama’s CNP and so he decided to kill Genos to bring out Saitama’s full power and copied said power. Afterwards, he chose not to use Saitama mode anymore because he wasn’t aware Saitama’s power grew exponentially until after the table flip and thus decided to stay in Saitama mode to continuously copy Saitama’s power once he realized Saitama is getting stronger during the fight.

Last edited:
A couple of weeks ago I tried to change Garou's powers and abilities section in my sandbox back to the regular non-list style and the way most of his powers and abilities descriptions are linked makes the non-list style a confusing ocean of blue text. It could be made to look normal but that would take time. the time that I, unfortunately, do not have.

Btw I disagree with the shockwaves thing immensely. They must have expanded to that level in the first place during the ping pong, no? Might have missed if they’re supposed to have appeared in previous scenes ig.

I’m fine with using the apparent speed shit for the Io feat in relation to the chunks, but I disagree immensely with the calculation used by Nik Helton for the speed of the chunks. I think people will know what I mean when they look at the calc, I brought it up in DMs anyway.

Really you can just use v=s/t, the escape velocity of Io is negligible.
That'd increase the calc massively. But aight.

240468121.11908 meters travelled. Subsonic timeframe

240468121.11908/0.0292= 8235209627.37 m/s Saitama's apparent speed

2600 m/s escape velocity of Io.

1.45288 m/s apparent speed of debris (Walking speed bare minimum)

(Object's true speed / Object's apparent speed) * Person's Apparent speed = Person's True speed

(2600 / 1.4) * 8235209627.37= 1.5293961e+13 m/s or 51015.16263 times FTL (MFTL+)

(Object's true speed / Object's apparent speed) * Person's Apparent speed = Person's True speed

(2600 / 1.4) * 8235209627.37= 1.5293961e+13 m/s or 51015.16263 times FTL (MFTL+)
Would this be more accurate?

well that's certainly a good middle end
Would this be more accurate?
well yes, considering that the low end is likely massively far off of what it really would be (thanks no calc stacking rule) the higher it is the more accurate it is
but what matters is if the math checks out

Izzy will play the point game he’s been playing for the past couple fights and we have no idea if pereira’s ground game is competent or not.

Izzy could say **** it I’m shooting a double leg at any time if he wanted to.
Izzy, wrestling, jujutsu, ground game, all those words that I mentioned should not be in the same sentence lol. Izzy has good defense simply due to his body build but he’s always fought shorties. And a 59 y/o Anderson silva(only tall guy). Izzy “wins” 4 rounds via points, but in the 5th round pereira shoots a fake double leg and hits izzy with a left hook and sleeps him.

Manga gives timeframe
Garou reacts a bunch in that timeframe
Garou's minimum reactions are that

There's no calc involved, calc stacking would being using the FTL calc derived from that timeframe, and using THAT as the new timeframe for this calc. Simply using the timeframe given in canon that applies to his reactions isn't calc stacking, it's not very different than using a stated speed or perception or what not imo.

Izzy, wrestling, jujutsu, ground game, all those words that I mentioned should not be in the same sentence lol. Izzy has good defense simply due to his body build but he’s always fought shorties. And a 59 y/o Anderson silva(only tall guy). Izzy “wins” 4 rounds via points, but in the 5th round pereira shoots a fake double leg and hits izzy with a left hook and sleeps him.
It’s still an mma fight Izzy hasn’t used his ground game because everyone he has fought up until this point has had better grappling.

Izzy most likely has far better grappling than pereira, if Izzy feels he is in trouble on his feet he’ll go for a take down. People never expected Ngannou to use wrestling against Gane but we saw what happened.

Pereira has not incorporated wrestling into his combos like that. He is still very much a kickboxer with the take down defense in his back pocket.

Both of their striking has impoved since they last fought. This is not a clear cut fight by any means. If pereira ends up having better striking Izzy can use his grappling because Pereira still has a lot less grappling training than Izzy. pereira could end up countering Izzy’s grappling or Izzy could just out point him for 5 straight rounds. It’s 50/50

Last edited:
It’s still an mma fight Izzy hasn’t used his ground game because everyone he has fought up until this point has had better grappling.
Pereira strength>izzy strength
Izzy most likely has far better grappling than pereira, if Izzy feels he is in trouble on his feet he’ll go for a take down. People never expected Ngannou to use wrestling against Gane but we saw what happened.
Well yes cuz ngannou can manhandle simply due to strength. Pereira ain’t getting manhandled
Pereira has not incorporated wrestling into his combos like that. He is still very much a kickboxer with the take down defense in his back pocket.
Pereira takedown defense>izzy takedowns
Both of their striking has impoved since they last fought. This is not a clear cut fight by any means. If pereira ends up having better striking Izzy can use his grappling because Pereira still has a lot less grappling training than Izzy. pereira could end up countering Izzy’s grappling or Izzy could just out point him for 5 straight rounds. It’s 50/50
Pereira close game>Izzy’s grappling, izzy gonna get caught with elbows from clinching for too long and attempting to rush in to grapple. 90/10 pereira.

Realized, Garou can fight anyone in tiers 5-A to 4-A because of his power mimicry. Lots of matchup potential.
he can actually fight anybody within tier 4 to 3-A technically, it's just that if they don't one shot him he adapts and stomps and blitzes
he can also win any speed equalized match (or unequalized, as long as the opponent isn't infinite speed or higher)
it's not nlf because yknow, he actually has no limits cause of a nonexistent limiter

Hmmm.... I started wondering recently.... Why am I here?

Not existentially, but like in this thread. I really contribute nothing, and I just get notified of conversations I have no stake in. The most I've done was simp for Psykos several hundred pages back and drop a couple of memes I made. Oh, and for some reason talking about why I don't really like Phase 4 of the MCU here.

Probably gonna unwatch the thread. Maybe. idk

Pereira strength>izzy strength

Well yes cuz ngannou can manhandle simply due to strength. Pereira ain’t getting manhandled

Pereira takedown defense>izzy takedowns

Pereira close game>Izzy’s grappling, izzy gonna get caught with elbows from clinching for too long and attempting to rush in to grapple. 90/10 pereira.
We have no ******* idea the strength level or grappling level of pereira because we haven’t seen it yet. You are making too many assumptions. We just know for a fact that Izzy has been training grappling longer.

90/10 fights in the ufc are incredibly rare and they only happen due to bad management. You don’t know how ufc match making works

We have no ******* idea the strength level or grappling level of pereira because we haven’t seen it yet. You are making too many assumptions. We just know for a fact that Izzy has been training grappling longer.
But it’ll all be useless either way, same way izzy deters his opponents, Alex with superior strength does the same to izzy.
90/10 fights in the ufc are incredibly rare and they only happen due to bad management. You don’t know how ufc match making works
Well guess we’re seeing the rare match making infront of our eyes, possibly 95/5 if izzy keeps making corny jokes during press conferences.

But it’ll all be useless either way, same way izzy deters his opponents, Alex with superior strength does the same to izzy.

Well guess we’re seeing the rare match making infront of our eyes, possibly 95/5 if izzy keeps making corny jokes during press conferences.
You don’t know what you are talking about. 90/10 fight means someone is being fed a can. A guy who is 1-12 going up against someone who is 5-0 that’s a 90/10 fight

You don’t know what you are talking about. 90/10 fight means someone is being fed a can. A guy who is 1-12 going up against someone who is 5-0 that’s a 90/10 fight
Well izzy is 0-2 and pereira is 2-0 so yes pereira is fighting a can with a 0% win rate against him.

Back