• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Harem series are mostly just the same as the ecchi anime I'm talking about. And even the majority of ones that aren't still don't have much going for them.

I guess if we count Overlord that's a fine harem anime, but calling Overlord a harem anime feels odd, even if it is technically true. That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime is definitely a harem-isekai though. I don't think slime isekai is that great though. Not bad by any means, it has its moments, but kind of overrated, would rate it a 7/10.

I don't watch them, but I did see a single episode of one (I can't remember the name, but it had a snake-woman) with a friend.

Needless to say, I will never do that again. Even alone.

Besides, the best harem out there is obviously OPM; you have Genos, Bang, Bomb, Flashy Flash, Sonic, Forte and Fubuki.

I don't watch them, but I did see a single episode of one (I can't remember the name, but it had a snake-woman) with a friend.

Needless to say, I will never do that again. Even alone.

Besides, the best harem out there is obviously OPM; you have Genos, Bang, Bomb, Flashy Flash, Sonic, Forte and Fubuki.
Oh my ******* lord. I'm glad you stopped. I had to sit through like 8 or 9 episodes but could not bear any more of it.

Super weird furry fantasy anime. I can remember the name, barely, but will not mention it, for your mental protection.

True.

Oh god ya'll saw that too. 💀 I only got in a few minutes then dipped out
My man the start of it is practically a 10 considering how much worse it gets from there, not that it wasn't already at rock-bottom from the start.

Some of the scenes still haunt me...the everlasting maw of uncomfortable furry ecchi scenes retains its hold on my mind. I wish I never laid eyes upon it.

You’re cultured for thinking she’s near the top, but above everyone else? Ehhhhhhhhhh
🗿

unknown.png

OPM is pretty chill but like, that moment where ugly Fuhrer tried to look up Tatsumaki's skirt kind of automatically made me experience the legit worst flashbacks to every morally questionable ecchi material I have ever had the displeasure of stumbling on (and not just ecchi, because it's japan and all genres have a bunch of crap that you aren't expecting).

Like...just why?

It's comparatively much better dealt with since everyone clearly hates the guy but it very much did not feel like OPM, and no one kind of paid it the attention it deserves so I kind of don't see the point to it which just makes it an all around unpleasant experience to me. Probably the most unpleasant experience of my entire OPM binge if I'm too be honest.

I forgot that one hero who's athletic or Olympic and shit to include in my harem.
I think you meant Mizuki.

OPM is pretty chill but like, that moment where ugly Fuhrer tried to look up Tatsumaki's skirt kind of automatically made me experience the legit worst flashbacks to every morally questionable ecchi material I have ever had the displeasure of stumbling on (and not just ecchi, because it's japan and all genres have a bunch of crap that you aren't expecting).

Like...just why?
Oh god not... that scene

Like...just why?

It's comparatively much better dealt with since everyone clearly hates the guy but it very much did not feel like OPM, and no one kind of paid it the attention it deserves so I kind of don't see the point to it which just makes it an all around unpleasant experience to me. Probably the most unpleasant experience of my entire OPM binge if I'm too be honest.

I think you meant Mizuki.
I looked past it because it wasn't supposed to be funny or hot, just another reason to hate a character meant to be hated.

Still was kind of too much though, even if the point of it was fine.

I disagree. It'd be questionable if Fuhrer actually succeeded and the audience saw it.

In the manga, he's just a gross pervert who gets killed off. So it's not really questionable, especially since shit like that is probably why he was rotten enough to become Ugmon.

One Punch Man is usually a rather light-hearted anime but deep down it is one of the darkest ones. So while it was an unexpected scene, I doubt that it is out of place in OPM world.

One Punch Man is usually a rather light-hearted anime but deep down it is one of the darkest ones. So while it was an unexpected scene, I doubt that it is out of place in OPM world.
Kind of depends. People define dark in different ways.

A lot of people apparently think that upfront gore and blatant scenes showing very disturbing or saddening subjects is needed to constitute something being dark. I agree that OPM is actually a somewhat dark series, more than what people say. Although I wouldn't say it's one of the darkest anime by any means. That's putting it on the same pedestal of darkness as series like AoT and Berserk. And uh...no.

4-A alone has a power gap of over 100 million and Saitama/Garou were pretty low on that scale when the fight started.

Without units it's incredibly unlikely to say the graph shows us that they managed to bridge that gap much less reach all the way to universal...so NLF 🤓
Y o u d o n ‘ t n e e d e x p l i c i t u n i t s . J u s t u s e y o u r b r a i n t o i n f e r t h e m

A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A

I disagree. It'd be questionable if Fuhrer actually succeeded and the audience saw it.

In the manga, he's just a gross pervert who gets killed off. So it's not really questionable, especially since shit like that is probably why he was rotten enough to become Ugmon.
I didn't say it was questionable though. I actually said the opposite.

My problem with it is that OPM never needed to go to such extremes to display such toxic behaviour.

Tongue stretcher and PPP are both described as perverted existences without going to blatant assault gimmicks that is used in normal japanese media so it feels incredibly out of place and uninspired compared to the way the franchise deals with such heavy topics.

(And as I pointed out earlier, the response to it was pretty muted despite sexual assault not really being depicted as prominent in the OPM universe since the monsters really only killed Fuhrer for their own personal reasons of dislike).

I didn't say it was questionable though. I actually said the opposite.

My problem with it is that OPM never needed to go to such extremes to display such toxic behaviour.

Tongue stretcher and PPP are both described as perverted existences without going to blatant assault gimmicks that is used in normal japanese media so it feels incredibly out of place and uninspired compared to the way the franchise deals with such heavy topics.
In one of the OVA's we hear PPP literally began to r-word a guy off-screen iirc. Even OPM goes there if it wants to.

That's putting it on the same pedestal of darkness as series like AoT and Berserk. And uh...no.
I don't think you can really compare without seeing all at their darkest and I would bet that will never happen in OPM. Most of what it has is "informed attribute" which severely downplays bleakness. It doesn't help that the main character is Saitama.

Besides that, as you said it depends on people's definition of the dark. I have never watched Berserk but seeing how people talk about it, I would say it is darker than OPM. On other hand, I would confidently put OPM above pre-season 4 AoT in terms of darkness.

PPP's actions are treated pretty casually (which I never got), though, and Tounge Stretcher is a small time criminal.

This is the ultimate depraved villain who, just prior, casually annihilated Sweet Mask.

It's a little out-of-place (not that out of place, I'd say), but this is an out-of-place character by nature.

Last edited:
Y o u d o n ‘ t n e e d e x p l i c i t u n i t s . J u s t u s e y o u r b r a i n t o i n f e r t h e m

A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A
  1. Calm down.
  2. I changed my stance in later conversations since the figures I quoted weren't accurate and I admitted the likelihood of Saitama/Garou not reaching 3-C was low based on the graph.
  3. We are an indexing site, it's not weird that some people need further proof to record it officially on the wiki.

I don't think you can really compare without seeing all at their darkest and I would bet that will never happen in OPM. Most of what it has is "informed attribute" which would severely downplay bleakness.

Besides that, as you said it depends on people's definition of the dark. I have never watched Berserk but seeing how people talk about it, I would say it is darker than OPM. On other hand, I would confidently put OPM above pre-season 4 AoT in terms of darkness.
OPM's humans have it easy compared to the Eldian's. They're protected by Heroes constantly, and based on statements in-universe, Monster's weren't even THAT common until around the time the series began for us. OPM's Earth is basically our world but with extra danger and extra protection to sort of balance it out. The Eldian's have to suffer the threat of being eaten alive every moment and are trapped within a small region, forced to live like cattle waiting to be slaughtered, and even then, humans still fight amongst themselves, look at what was going to happen to Mikasa had Eren not come by.

Unless you mean pure casualty amount, I'd say it's vastly in AoT's favor even without Season 4's added layers.

As for Berserk, yeah it's bad, when it comes to the dark themes in it I mean. I think people exaggerate it a little bit, but it's an extremely dark series no doubt.

PPP's actions are treated pretty casually (which I never got), though, and Tounge Stretcher is a small time criminal.
Yeah I never really liked how PPP was used as comic relief but he was still in jail before he broke out, and his jail associates were wholeheartedly explaining to him why being an unrepentant r-word-ist is going to result in people wanting to kill you so it's still leagues better than "oh, I assaulted/want to assault this person but I'm a actually a really good guy, trust me" that's so common in japanese fiction.

I don't understand why no one's putting him back into prison though since he's legit one of the weakest S-Class.
In one of the OVA's we hear PPP literally began to r-word a guy off-screen iirc. Even OPM goes there if it wants to.
Sad to hear that tbh. One, I thought you were better than that 😢

It wouldn't be far fetched for post-cosmic garou Saitama to be 3-C tbh. After he was amped by his adaptation ability he was able to oneshot Cosmic Garou, when Garou had previously tanked thousands of his bloodlusted attacks without being taken down.
Again, though I agree with your first point, Saitama was never bloodlusted.

Back