• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It doesn't need to remotely touch the Earth.

Even being light-years away would fry the planet in the future.
Well, it is narratively being compared to a real Gamma-Ray Burst, which to me seems like a pretty solid statement to scale it to (at least) a smaller sized version of one. I reckon the physics inconsistencies are simply because, well, plot.

Saitama said it would actually have to touch the Earth to do damage, and well, it didn't. It was shot into space, so no inconsistency with the narrative itself.

emoji-de-cara-de-nerd-emoticon-inteligente-com-oculos_3482-1932.jpg

Uuuuhm, a Gamma-ray burst would have fried the planet, blinded everyone who saw it, and killed everything with radiation.

One Punch Man is famous for applying rationalistic physics to its story.

So Pre-God Garou is 5-C, Cosmic Armor Garou is probably getting a pretty high rating in Tier 5 or 4 (looks like there's gonna be shit ton of debate on his recent feats)

Inb4 redraw

Well, it is narratively being compared to a real Gamma-Ray Burst, which to me seems like a pretty solid statement to scale it to (at least) a smaller sized version of one. I reckon the physics inconsistencies are simply because, well, plot.

Saitama said it would actually have to touch the Earth to do damage, and well, it didn't. It was shot into space, so no inconsistency with the narrative itself.
my simple explanation of it was that it was a focused attack, not just a GRB that happens naturally, which it obviously didn't. but an actual GRB that is compacted and aimed(in this case, at saitama).

Edit: also lets chill alittle with the petty comments...

Yes, I'm fine with it being smaller scale. I'm not fine with it being Star level.
Uuuuhm, a Gamma-ray burst would have fried the planet, blinded everyone who saw it, and killed everything with radiation.
Yes, yes it would.
One Punch Man is famous for applying rationalistic physics to its story.
This isn't even a matter of realistic physics.

The ******* size alone (both the black hole and the jet) isn't even on remotely the same scale.

I can forgive the unrealistic black hole effects (hell, even the wiki doesn't even accept unrealistic black holes for calcs) and FTL bypassing, but this is ridiculous, especially for a statement that's not even concretely referring to Garou specifically.

This isn't even a matter of realistic physics.

The ******* size alone (both the black hole and the jet) isn't even on remotely the same scale.

I can forgive the unrealistic black hole effects (hell, even the wiki doesn't even accept unrealistic black holes for calcs), but this is ridiculous.
So you're just selectively deciding that physics should be applied consistently on this one attack on this single chapter of this single series because it happened to personally affect your Suspension of Disbelief?

This is no proper system for making decisions its just an argument from incredulity.

If the chapter confirms the cosmos in Garou is legit then that gets rid of any doubt about the gamma burst and he wouldn't even need it because he would be probably 3-C or 4-A from that alone.

Yes, I'm fine with it being smaller scale. I'm not fine with it being Star level.
Oh, okay. I got the impression you were disagreeing with using it at all.

I also agree we should scale it down proportionally from a real gamma-ray burst. That is completely fair.

another 2 weeks of waiting is going to hurt me. bad.

at least murata actually did exactly what i wanted, and turn garou into an absolute walking nuclear bomb. his destructive capability went through the roof. it would've been lame as shit if cosmic garou's AP went down in exchange for immense skill, kind of like how some dumbass redditors were predicting

Okay so how do we calculate a gamma ray burst?
No need. The average Gamma Ray burst is 20km wide and produces 1e+44 J.

Now, we just calculate how wide Garou's was, and scale that value down proportionally.

IIRC, real gamma ray bursts are calculated by the size of the jets they emit. They can guesstimate the amount of particles, and they each have an energy of 0.1 MeV, or something like that.

But, the black hole GBE is definitely way higher.
So you're just selectively deciding that physics should be applied consistently on this one attack on this single chapter of this single series because it happened to personally affect your Suspension of Disbelief?
Was it stated that Garou's specifically was star killing, or that GRBs in general were? It's the latter.
This is no proper system for making decisions its just an argument from incredulity.
Again, the wiki itself drops black hole calculations for these kinds of reasons. So I don't see why we shouldn't do the same here.

guys can you imagine if murata redraws this whole thing later on and changes garou from a walking nuclear bomb to tier 8 level insanely skilled fighter? because garou's who schtick was that he's not as insane as boros in terms of AP, but more of a skill based fighter lmao

IIRC, real gamma ray bursts are calculated by the size of the jets they emit. They can guesstimate the amount of particles, and they each have an energy of 0.1 MeV, or something like that.

But, the black hole GBE is definitely way higher.
This is entirely arbitrary. If the GRB is calculated at like 5-A or High 5-A that would still be enough energy to destroy the planet hundreds of times over and likewise its light should blind the bystanders, the radiation should bleach everyone, and the heat should evaporate everyone.

But would you suddenly be fine with ignoring all that cause there's a fancy calc saying how many Yotattons of TNT Garou's attack is worth, over a statement in the page?

guys can you imagine if murata redraws this whole thing later on and changes garou from a walking nuclear bomb to tier 8 level insanely skilled fighter? because garou's who schtick was that he's not as insane as boros in terms of AP, but more of a skill based fighter lmao
Believable but I think this Garou's feats are meant to hint at how strong God is rather than being feats for the Garou who would be comparable to Boros in their mind if they still believe that.

This is entirely arbitrary. If the GRB is calculated at like 5-A or High 5-A that would still be enough energy to destroy the planet hundreds of times over and likewise its light should blind the bystanders, the radiation should bleach everyone, and the heat should evaporate everyone.
If someone actually calculates the attack power of the GBE itself as 5-A of High 5-A, then we can talk. Right now, you're making hypotheticals.
But would you suddenly be fine with ignoring all that cause there's a fancy calc saying how many Yotattons of TNT Garou's attack is worth, over a statement in the page?
That strongly depends on the method as well.

Back