• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I edited my comment, he used multiple named attacks/techniques with nothing working, he had nothing left and could only increase his monsterization at this point for better stats and at this point saitama into earth is the only thing u can do.
Or push him into the sky. Use his creative prowess he had as a human. And no, just because the story says so I won’t believe that Garou literally tried all he could.
the manga...ur acting like garou wasn't compensating strength for his skills not working when he kept monsterizing even more. let me recollect ur memories...
Garou and saitama are fighting in the air and garou does a chopping attack on saitama, then garou comes at saitama and does a barrage attack in the wc but a single punch in manga. then saitama in both punches garou away. skipping dialogue and str8 to action in both we get the hand hook brawl in which wc saitama does it but in the manga garou does it. then garou dodges saitamas punches a few times in the wc. then the instant attack happens in both then the ascending attack happens. and then the entire order is flipped which we now know is top set up cosmic mode ag. so like...
Pre-cosmic Garou barely shows off anything that would even introduce the idea to us that he tried everything. We are told he did but it’s barely shown. I didn’t want to make this a webcomic discussion but this was some what of an issue that I had with the wc fight too although it does a far better job of showing Garou capitalizing on his martial arts and trying everything he could to fight Saitama, something that I hoped would’ve been approved upon in the manga instead alot of it is skipped by their fight happening out if eyesight or in between chapters.
well considering god gave powers to garou(in which these powers can quite literally be anything, in the off chance that it makes his perfect martial arts more perfect) anything is possible, which isnt dumb.
That’s completely dumb imho. Saitama is gonna forever out-stat Garou and a more perfect martial art wouldnt get rid of that. Granted God wouldn’t have that information but Garou himself would know how outclassed he is unless that God stat buff is enough in Garou’s eyes.

In my opinion, Flash stuff with the Octopus is more related to range than anything else

We all know Attack Potency doesn't mean Range, Flash can't nuke a small country, his range is, literally, an extented melee range, therefore giant opponents may be a little harder than expected because you are hitting them with potency on a small area, destroying a small part of their body and (quite likely) not one shoting them

Flash not only had small range against a multi-building sized monster, but was also quite casual and only going for the eyes, the fight was interrupted, so there is 0 reason to look at it as shameful for him or some sort of anti feat
strongly agree with this, also tats solos.

Or push him into the sky.
so boros 2.0...
Use his creative prowess he had as a human.
creativity ran out...
And no, just because the story says so I won’t believe that Garou literally tried all he could.
Pre-cosmic Garou barely shows off anything that would even introduce the idea to us that he tried everything. We are told he did but it’s barely shown. I didn’t want to make this a webcomic discussion but this was some what of an issue that I had with the wc fight too although it does a far better job of showing Garou capitalizing on his martial arts and trying everything he could to fight Saitama, something that I hoped would’ve been approved upon in the manga instead alot of it is skipped by their fight happening out if eyesight or in between chapters.
i mean the usage of everything is what led up to the perfected fist and once that happened every movement was "perfected" even if he was simply throwing hands. could've been capatilized more but its probs gonna be during cosmic ag.
That’s completely dumb imho.
possibly so.
Saitama is gonna forever out-stat Garou and a more perfect martial art wouldnt get rid of that. Granted God wouldn’t have that information but Garou himself would know how outclassed he is unless that God stat buff is enough in Garou’s eyes.
i mean the psykos buff made her think she can now neg diff an opponent that was neg diffing her previously. so the flow of these major buffs is typically them believing that this power up is now enough. could be a completly different route tho.

so boros 2.0...
Yes, at least something smarter than what was shown
creativity ran out...
Pretty quickly too
i mean the usage of everything is what led up to the perfected fist and once that happened every movement was "perfected" even if he was simply throwing hands. could've been capatilized more but its probs gonna be during cosmic ag.
I mean everything as in not just his techniques but environment, objects, Bfr etc.

i mean the psykos buff made her think she can now neg diff an opponent that was neg diffing her previously. so the flow of these major buffs is typically them believing that this power up is now enough. could be a completly different route tho.
I guess but I’m not expecting anything like hax for Garou either. It just seems like they rushed the martial arts and choreography department with Garou v Saitama round 1 or at least didn’t properly show off that Garou tried everything like he said he did.

And no, just because the story says so I won't believe that Garou literally tried all he could.
That's not an argument though. Can you show some scans or something, to prove that Garou wasn't trying his best? I just re-read that chapter and it definitely looks like Garou was trying his best. I mean, why would he not?

That's not an argument though. Can you show some scans or something, to prove that Garou wasn't trying his best? I just re-read that chapter and it definitely looks like Garou was trying his best. I mean, why would he not?
The argument isn’t Garou wasnt trying his best, the argument is that the fight choreography did a shit job at showing him so called trying his best.

No but I don’t expect arcs from the webcomic to be the same or even adapted now. The difference between the two will only grow greater as the manga goes on.
but tats is a main character, she having her own arc is a big fanservice and her character has alot to be developed yet
i def feel like we're getting alot from her

The argument isn’t Garou wasnt trying his best, the argument is that the fight choreography did a shit job at showing him so called trying his best.
The choreography looked fine to me. I really don't know what more you want regarding that fight

but tats is a main character, she having her own arc is a big fanservice and her character has alot to be developed yet
i def feel like we're getting alot from her
I mean it’s possible but I wouldn’t have my hopes up. A major fight and development that leads up her arc has been skipped already and she and Fubuki are on good terms.

The choreography looked fine to me. I really don't know what more you want regarding that fight
the webcomic fight highlights what I wished to see better. It depicts Garou trying all he could better than the manga though it isn’t perfect either.

the webcomic fight highlights what I wished to see better. It depicts Garou trying all he could better than the manga though it isn’t perfect either.
Maybe Murata purposely made pre-cosmic Garou underwhelming so that cosmic Garou can look really impressive? I could be wrong though.

Back