• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch General Discussion Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont know remember chapter was that / do you have a scan?

both angsize measurements i made overlook orbital movement of both the moon and the planet which can lessen/increase the distance and size measurements; which i think might be more of an issue for the second one more than the first, would have to tell from their orbital direction and shiz.

Tbf being 4x bigger means a huge amount due to volume and all of that. But still going by this image the OPM moon just seems like its smaller.

Mephistus said:
i dont know remember chapter was that / do you have a scan?
Here they are again

• Image 1
  • Image 2
Presumably if you can get the moon's size you can get distance.

I mean assuming moon in the foreground and in front of the earth in those shots thats a pretty inane distance between the two compared to real life

Qawsedf234 said:
Tbf being 4x bigger means a huge amount due to volume and all of that. But still going by this image the OPM moon just seems like its smaller.
I don't think that means much. For one they may not be on the same plane and two, artists cannot really be expected to draw things completely to scale even if they intend to keep the relative size of two objects the same as the real world.

It could be closer or further from the camera I guess. Just based on the visuals it seems much smaller.

> artists cannot really be expected to draw things completely to scale

I feel thats a bit weird to say when the site uses art/pixel/angle scaling a lot but I get what you mean.

Yeah but if there's a real life basis for the relative size of two objects, pixel scaling shouldn't be used over that.

Is there a real life basis though? OPM canonically takes place on a planet that is different from Earth and doesn't have supporting evidence for distances like with Dragon Ball.

anime moons are legit ~half the size of our real life moon fwtw https://imgur.com/RTxcwQH

251 px is the diameter of the earth

28 px is the diameter of the moon behind it in orbit

gives us a size of 28/251 = 8.96428571429 times smaller than their "Earth"

Earth diameter: ~12,742,017.6 meters

sizewise the anime one would be: 12,742,017.6/8.96428571429 = 1,421,420.29004 meters

3,476,000 meters is the real life moon diameter lol

whole thing anime wise is nothing close to our cosmology going by that screen :p

manga is pretty ok so far not showing a difference to real life if we take the distances between the moon and their earth seriously.

and mangawise also their earth size maybe be larger than our own due to city sizes being sorta scalable in length in planet-wide shots

I should say that there shouldn't but a downgrade without calcs and stuff being accepted, just that if the stuff comes back as a smaller moon it wouldn't really be a contradiction imo.

Using your image:

https://imgur.com/M7SCf44

moon = 62

earth = 382.21

Earth diameter: ~12,742,017.6 meters

62/382.21 * 12,742,017.6 = 2,066,939.87912 meters for the diameter of this moon assuming its side by side with earth

about 60% as big as the real life moon; if it was in front of the earth in that shot, it'd have to be smaller than our moon. if it was behind the earth in that shot, it could be some amount larger than our moon; can't really say either way but ya.

Thought it looked sorta small. But due to the closeness to the Earth its likely on another plane. Although considering the recent space shot it may just have a super strange orbit.

The first episode of the second was decent and pretty funny, I was honestly prepared for something much worse, let's hope they maintain this quality for the rest of the season.

It was a pleasant surprise, though I felt the fight scenes were a bit... off? Still getting used to the design adjustments, but there's definitely potential

The quality will go down after ep 3 as they only made 4 episodes before April 9 and are way behind the schedule

So expect a DBS ep 5 like animation

sum thots on the new ep/semi spoilers:

the overall color scheme of the anime for season 2 looks darker and color washed

did the frog monsters tongue had a ton of animation budget for its slimy texture

genos's repeated punch animation was weird

kings va sounds really deep voiced / low pitched than expected but welcome nontheless lol

Animation wasn't that bad, I feel as if there's so much unnecessary griping here. Atleast take into consideration the sakuga scenes that took place with the genos fight and the epic framing and impact frame moments within the intro. Of course it isn't going to be as good as season 1 but you guys are making the episode look way worse than how it actually was ƒÿÉ

And while animation is important yes, it isn't going to make season 2 any much shittier as the contents it follows in regards to the manga proves that it'd be more story driven with garou and the monster association being the key focus as opposed to being action driven. Hopefully when season 3 comes out they'll find another staff, but so far atleast give JC staff a chance, holy shit 😂

I don't think anyone here was too critical, although I really, really hope they get the Garou vs A Class heroes + Genos, Bang and Bomb vs Elder Centipede fights right.

GyroNutz said:
I don't think anyone here was too critical, although I really, really hope they get the Garou vs A Class heroes + Genos, Bang and Bomb vs Elder Centipede fights right.
And yeah, in the manga that fight was epic, it'd be a huge shame if JC staff doesn't adapt it right

I hope to God that Caped Baldy over here gets an upgrade one day as the series progresses and it better be a big one! Because Saitama sure ain't living to the "Having overwhelming power is boring as hell." Title for now given his status! Even if he didn't try. XD

ThisLadWithTheCrowBar-5.1 said:
I hope to God that Caped Baldy over here gets an upgrade one day as the series progresses and it better be a big one! Because Saitama sure ain't living to the "Having overwhelming power is boring as hell." Title for now given his status! Even if he didn't try. XD
******* THIS MAN. Like my god, I hope he gets an upgrade, there's actually a non canon comic that has god fight garou, some tiger chick and saitama iirc. They had some universal+ feat in there, I'm praying to god saitama can reach that tier with at least some good resistance, because lets face it, saitama with hax like conceptual manipulation and probability manipulation would just be awkward since his main thing is punching, him resisting majority of haxes would be a better look

Progralic said:
ThisLadWithTheCrowBar-5.1 said:
******* THIS MAN. Like my god, I hope he gets an upgrade, there's actually a non canon comic that has god fight garou, some tiger chick and saitama iirc. They had some universal+ feat in there, I'm praying to god saitama can reach that tier with at least some good resistance, because lets face it, saitama with hax like conceptual manipulation and probability manipulation would just be awkward since his main thing is punching, him resisting majority of haxes would be a better look
YOOOO!!! Are you Pschic or something?... BECAUSE THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT ABOUT SAITAMA HOPING FOR HIM TO REACH! XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back