• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama and Garou Jump Around Io

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that. I'm just trying to offer one more option, but to me option 3 always looks the best.
Yeah no, I really don't see how Option 3 is best. If we can use a timeframe, "axe the calc entirely" will pretty much never be the best option
Well, 0.1 might work, better than nothing. That's like a ch before the light fuckery too so pretty safe to say at 0.1, light stuff ain't possible or it vanishes in that timeframe, and given the feat in question had them across the moon without vanishing...
Given what was shown, 0.1 seconds should be fine since we know from precedent that moving huge distances in OPM in 0.1 seconds doesn't leave light trails

Given what was shown, 0.1 seconds should be fine since we know from precedent that moving huge distances in OPM in 0.1 seconds doesn't leave light trails
That doesn't really make sense. Why would time light trails be a result of how long the action takes rather than how fast it happens?

Moving 0.00001 meters in 13 milliseconds also wouldn't create a shining light trace in that spot despite the PS feat creating them in the same time frame

That doesn't really make sense. Why would time light trails be a result of how long the action takes rather than how fast it happens?

Moving 0.00001 meters in 13 milliseconds also wouldn't create a shining light trace in that spot despite the PS feat creating them in the same time frame
yes. it just means garou wasn't moving fast there. not that you can't create light trails in 0.1 second or anything

I'm fine with the FTL+ end, don't think we can go any lower without spending an excessive amount of effort to figure out a timeframe or waiting 5 years for the anime.
Yeaah so using a 0.1 second time frame based on that is pretty much a baseless assumption
I think you're misunderstanding the proposal. It's a bit roundabout, but it's less "they can only be created in a timeframe THIS fast", and more "they must dissipate in a timeframe THIS fast". At least, that's why I'm agreeing to it. We don't really need to know how fast one needs to be to form light trails, we just need to know how long they LAST for, given Saitama did his before they began dissipating.

tldr, it's somewhere between 0.1, and 0.00013 or whatever it was.
also let's be real, the feat is def sub 13ms, we're just being overtly anal about it because standards.

I don't know the speed required to create a light trail, but the duration of the light trail at the starting point is definitely not 1 second. We assume this because Garou couldn't create a light trail within 0.1 seconds, which is a low-ball estimate. This means the light trail from Saitama's starting point remains and doesn't disappear. Now, we need to consider how long the light trail will remain before it fades. In reality, creating an afterimage isn't that difficult; we can do it by waving our hand quickly within a short timeframe. Therefore, moving 0.0001 meters in 13 milliseconds might create an afterimage, though it would be very brief and hard to see. If we move 0.5 meters in 13 milliseconds, we could also create an afterimage. At this point, we're not determining the speed required to create a light trail but considering the duration the light trail remains. Even if in the scene PS can move and create a light trail over a long distance in 0.0013 seconds, it still doesn't compare to the distance on Io where Saitama creates his.

Assuming 0.1 second for the persistence of a light trail is not a bad idea. It’s a basic timeframe within the range of human reaction speed. Now, we just estimate that Garou has to move within a shorter timeframe to create a light trail, which is of course correct. Considering that Garou can create a light trail in a shorter timeframe, we then think about the length of Garou’s afterimage and so on, which involves too much detail. The main point is that the light trail from movement must not disappear in a timeframe shorter than 0.1 seconds, which is a very minimal threshold.

I think you're misunderstanding the proposal. It's a bit roundabout, but it's less "they can only be created in a timeframe THIS fast", and more "they must dissipate in a timeframe THIS fast". At least, that's why I'm agreeing to it. We don't really need to know how fast one needs to be to form light trails, we just need to know how long they LAST for, given Saitama did his before they began dissipating.

tldr, it's somewhere between 0.1, and 0.00013 or whatever it was.
also let's be real, the feat is def sub 13ms, we're just being overtly anal about it because standards.
But we don't know how long they start dissipating. We never get a concrete statement, feat, or even an implication.

Actually there is counter evidence as well. It's stated that witnesses did actually see the light formations, even the less dense4ones created by the much slower Flashy + PS + Garou combination.
One-Punch-Man-Official-Scans-153-30.jpg

Even regular fodder humans saw them.
One-Punch-Man-Official-Scans-153-31.jpg

It's literally visible in the background during Saitamas entire conversation with Genos as well
One-Punch-Man-Official-Scans-153-27.jpg

So we definitely can't say the light lines will disappear after 0.1 seconds, they're clearly visible for a long time

Please don't just say 'it's a random guess'; that is not a good argument.
the real reason was because its the least stated timeframe we have that comes with a similar speed feat. but it doesn't seem to be good enough so it can be called random as well. not that i mean it's a random guess

But we don't know how long they start dissipating. We never get a concrete statement, feat, or even an implication.

Actually there is counter evidence as well. It's stated that witnesses did actually see the light formations, even the less dense4ones created by the much slower Flashy + PS + Garou combination.

You know 0.1 seconds is visible by normal humans?
Plus, they're just making more, which we're literally shown, that's after the "they did this in this timeframe" line right? It's an ongoing fight right?
It's literally visible in the background during Saitamas entire conversation with Genos as well

So we definitely can't say the light lines will disappear after 0.1 seconds, they're clearly visible for a long time
And this I'd assume because it's a static image and they're currently fighting still?

Idk man, do we know for a fact the light trail wasn't constantly being made as they fought? Because looking back, they all suddenly just stop the moment they stop, they evidently don't stick around long.

You know 0.1 seconds is visible by normal humans?
Plus, they're just making more, which we're literally shown, that's after the "they did this in this timeframe" line right? It's an ongoing fight right?

And this I'd assume because it's a static image and they're currently fighting still?

Idk man, do we know for a fact the light trail wasn't constantly being made as they fought? Because looking back, they all suddenly just stop the moment they stop, they evidently don't stick around long.
would it end the moment garou and platinum falls to the ground? if so i think it would be fine to use this page? we can find how fast they'd hit the ground. or the moment platinum loses? which garou was still standing so we could still make a timeframe. or the moment his particle type thing reaches to the king? dunno about that :d

would it end the moment garou and platinum falls to the ground? if so i think would it'd be fine to use this page? we can find how fast they'd hit the ground. or the moment platinum loses? which garou was still standing so we could still make a timeframe. or the moment his particle type thing reaches to the king? dunno about that :d
First problem is that we don't know how long it took between Garou blasting PS into ground, PS emerging back, and Garou one shotting him and striking a pose.
Second problem is that they don't seem to naturally disappear but more so that they got destroyed by the shockwave of Garous attack. They clearly disperse into sparkles which they didn't do until then
One-Punch-Man-Official-Scans-154-22.jpg

Something that never happened with them before

First problem is that we don't know how long it took between Garou blasting PS into ground, PS emerging back, and Garou one shotting him and striking a pose.
Second problem is that they don't seem to naturally disappear but more so that they got destroyed by the shockwave of Garous attack. They clearly disperse into sparkles which they didn't do until then

I mean, what spreads out is not a shockwave but seeds.

those particle things are not those light traits but it comes from platinum sperm isn't it?

also yes we don't know how long it was. but we know their speed. finding the distance / their speed would give us how long it took for them to land. though i guess using those numbers for another scale would be calc stacking? or not? since its the same fight and the same moment

If you look carefully Their line-making movement disappears and is created again.

I'm fine with that. Should result in FTL+ (and then assuming Kachon's calc is correct, MFTL+ for Parallel Timeline Saitama, but that's for another time)

I'm fine with that. Should result in FTL+ (and then assuming Kachon's calc is correct, MFTL+ for Parallel Timeline Saitama, but that's for another time)
Ok, can you help me unlock Saitama and Garou's profiles? I'll work on it.

As for Saitama's MFTL+ success, it should be in the next thread that should come soon.

Totally forgot about this calc, could we implement it to replace this one so we don't have to remove MFTL just to add it back later?
I would love to see the reasoning on why that isn't calc stacking and wtf does it actually calculate because I might either be a bit slow today or the calc just doesn't explain it

would love to see the reasoning on why that isn't calc stacking
Using speed of characters or attacks calculated at other instances can't be used
This is the same instance, so it's not calc stacking. Clover even agreed in the comments.
wtf does it actually calculate because I might either be a bit slow today or the calc just doesn't explain it
It's calcing Garou's speed. What part is confusing to you? I wrote out the formula I used.

(Garou's Movement * Platinum Sperm's Speed)/Platinum Sperm's Movement

This is the same instance, so it's not calc stacking. Clover even agreed in the comments.
It's not. It's the same fight but not the same "instance".
What that rule means is that if someone for example throws a stone and you calculate it's speed, you can use that calc to get the stones KE as well.
It's calcing Garou's speed. What part is confusing to you? I wrote out the formula I used.
You're calculating Garou blitzing PS but what value do you use for the timeframe? Platinums reaction speed? If so can you prove PS couldn't percieve Garous attack.
(Garou's Movement * Platinum Sperm's Speed)/Platinum Sperm's Movement
I assume this is a vsbw approved calculation method (idk, I never tried to calc speed by comparing 2 characters) so I don't exactly have a problem with that. I'm more so confused on what speed value you're using for Platinums speed here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back