• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch General Discussion Thread v8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Withered Sprouts final offical rating was Tiger level btw.

TheRustyOne I'll apply the changes to his page, but I'll add a seperate key for his Paradisers AP since I believe Hammerhead's using a stronger suit than the rest.

SuperAPM said:
Qawsedf234 It was? I assumed Demon Level. That may be the best Baseline we have then if that's the case.
It was Wolf because he faked it, then the Smile guy called him a Dragon, and after Saitama killed it the HA settled on Tiger. Tiger is honestly the most consistent considering he only did as well as he did due to a sneak attack.

Imo, yeah. But you probably need to make a CRT first since this would be a rather wide reaching change.

There's no real evidence that Hammerhead's suit is any different from the rest - one of his other subordinates was responsible for knocking the large building down, and the only aesthetic difference in Hammerhead's suit from the rest is clearly painted on flames.

Also, would it be reasonable to scale Iaian and the Disciples to that feat, considering they outperformed and generally overpowered the same or possibly even improved versions of the same armor?

Nothing supports the theory of the statue being made from pure gold.

Nobody states it's made from pure gold specifically. The people who said it's "made of gold" are simply saying what any normal person would say after seeing a golden statue.

As Antoniofer noticed, f it was truly made of pure gold it would weight 420000 tons. That's heavier than the Empire State.

And even if it was made of pure gold, i don't see the statue being completly destroyed. I see a medium sized crater being done in it.

I believe it's safest to assume that Hammerheads suit was stronger. Hammerhead performed his feat under normal features whereas the other guy that did his had to enlarge his fist to do it.

For scaling purposes I believe the armor narinki's soldiers had should be scaled to the average suit the paradisers had.

If you want to say Hammerhead's suit is stronger than his crew's that's fair but I don't think it should be stronger than the private squad's suits.

All these characters in the series that deal with technology and weapons are obsessed with constantly improving their battle power through upgrades and data collection (Metal Knight, Genos, The Organization/Drive Knight, Child Emperor). I don't see why a newer model would be inferior to an older one. Not to mention they're said by G5 to be custom made to adjust to the bodies of the squad members. Hammerhead definitely did not have a custom made suit, at least there's no indication he did.

The problem is that we have no idea what model narinki's soldiers suits are based off, given that Hammerheads version was clearly unique, I think it's safest to assume that they're at least comparable to the paradisers

Narinki got the suits for them and they're custom made. He was explaining what they do to them, which implies they never had them before. They're a newer model.

The paradisers clearly have an older model, it happened much earlier in the story.

Yes but that's just the model the Parasiders had. Hammerhead clearly had a unique model and its unknown whether or not Narinkii's squad got models based on the former or the latter.

KGiffoni said:
Nothing supports the theory of the statue being made from pure gold.
Nobody states it's made from pure gold specifically. The people who said it's "made of gold" are simply saying what any normal person would say after seeing a golden statue.

As Antoniofer noticed, f it was truly made of pure gold it would weight 420000 tons. That's heavier than the Empire State.
About this?

Interestingly, they calced higher values for Mob (without Tats scaling) and for the bullet redirection feat, by about 1.5x.

Liking the new Genos pictures, but there's a bit of a disconnect between them and the keys and his page is kind of a mess.

His images are BoS, Post-G4, Post-Super Fight, Post-Elder Centipede, Post-MA Raid

His keys are BoS, Post-HoE, Post-G4, and Post-MA Raid

His powers and abilities area doesn't actually state which upgrade got the body recall ability, only listing it as part of a second key which isn't distinct. This upgrade of course came with the Post-Super Fight upgrade, which doesn't have a key. There are also other abilities he has that weren't mentioned (Post-Super Fight had built-in blades, and his current upgrade, Post-Elder Centipede, has G4-style bendy lasers.)

/////////////////

So, basically, things I suggest we do:

- Add Super Fight & Elder Centipede upgrade keys. Even if they're not radically different to the others in AP, their different abilities are relevant.

- Add image for the Post-HoE upgrade (the ARMS mode or generic armor)

- Add "Laser Shooting" to his abilities.

- Add Dual Blade Rush and Jet Drive Arrow to his techniques.

Maybe combine some of the keys that cover a form with the same AP? So Post G4 would be like, "King Saga to MA Raid" or something, with multiple power and ability keys for new forms.

I'm gonna bring this up since SuperAPM removed the thread before my question was answered. Demon lvl threats shouldn't scale from Withered Sprout. Smile Man specifically said that he has seen battles between demon lvl threats and S-Classes and said Withered Sprout is even stronger than those demon lvl threats he's seen. So even if he isn't dragon lvl his feat shouldn't scale to all demon lvl threats as he's been noted to be even stronger than some demon lvl threats.

The official rating of the HA is obviously more reliable than someone who is apparently so unkoweldable in these things he somehow mistook that thing as a Dragon level threat.

They weren't there to see Withered Sprout's power and they also specifically said they only raised the threat lvl from wolf to tiger rather than anything higher because it would break the balance since Saitama a low ranked hero defeated it. Smile Man has actually seen the battles between demon lvl threats and S-Classes and we have seen him fight demon lvl threats in the series. So when he said this thing is even stronger than demon lvl threats he's likely telling the truth. So this would mean Withered Sprout is at the very least in the upper echleon of demon lvl threats which means his feats shouldn't scale to all demon lvl threats.

It is a good point. It ultimately depends on how trustworthy we view Smile Man as vs what was shown and what was gathered by the HA.

In this case I'd say we should take Smile Man over the association. At the end of the chapter the association asked Smile Man who took down Withered Sprout while they were unconscious after getting defeated. Which means they didn't see Withered Sprout's power at all compared to Smile Man who has fought Withered Sprout.

Qawsedf234

Looking into it I'm more inclined to agree with Pete. Andy did also bring up the issue of Ice feats in general, so it'd probably be safer to scale everyone from Rosie.

I can bump them down to 8-C if you want.

Yeah the whole point of that chapter was that threat levels can be wrong sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back