• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch General Discussion Thread v8

Status
Not open for further replies.
If say, a building is stated to be 50 m in canon but we pixel scale it to 70 m, I'm pretty sure we will use the former over the latter

Andytrenom said:
If say, a building is stated to be 50 m in canon but we pixel scale it to 70 m, I'm pretty sure we will use the former over the latter

Sorry but Why would you pixel scale it when the number is already given in the medium canon, And most of the pixel calculations are highly inaccurate you know. That's why Space agencies themselves do not use it because it gives inaccurate results

I'm not saying that you should stop doing it, If you're doing it for fun than you obviously can but please do not claim it as a fact.

I think most of the pixel-scaling is taken from in-verse numbers to fill in information that we don't get. For example, Beefcake's calc is based on his size (270 m) in comparison to the crater he made. On the other hand, the crater made by Orochi has to be measured by the size of a train because there's literally no information.

I mean yeah, we can calculate from the medium given. But not with pixel calculations, Pixel calculations are based on scaling pixels but drawings are not pixel based obviously. That's why 98% of the time it's inaccurate.

And this site claims it as an actual fact, overtaking what's actually shown and stated in the series. Ignoring the actual evidence.

Pixel-scaling is inaccurate, yes, but only marginally in general. Murata and most artists generally have an excellent sense of scale and proportions, which is why pixel-scaling is very rare for verses like Bleach. Also, what's the alternative, not doing it at all?

Andytrenom said:
well then beefcake's feat has to be recalced since the calc uses 300 meters for the diameter of the crater he made, but canonically the crater was only 100 meters in diameter.

It's inaccurate with a massive Margin, Most artists don't base their drawings on pixels, they're drawings are not pixel scaled. Drawings proportions doesn't mean that pixel scaling is valid as of it's not based on pixel bits whatsoever to calculate. It should be taken as a fun thing to do as in interest but not as a seriously and a fact.

It's highly inaccurate mate, This proves it. It contradicts the original source of the medium that is the valid result. Drawings are not pixel based.

No they're not. Yes, artists don't base their work on pixels, but that doesn't make them that innacurate. Pixel scaling from inconsistent characters, like the one in Bleach or Kid Goku, generally aren't accepted.

Your word isn't fact either. Also, pixel scaling has a tendancy to be very accurate.

"This proves it." Yes, one panel proves that scaling in every single verse is inaccurate. Also, the statement of the crater being 100 metres was made well after the chapter. I'm not saying it shouldn't be revised, though.

It's inconsistent and inaccurate with any Series that is hand drawn. My word is an exposition of a fact, Pixel scaling is inaccurate 98% of the times on hand drawn objects. If you don't believe me than see how many pixel calculations have contradicted the original source and Than try to get the percentage of how much they did that. Even space agencies do not use it, because it gives inaccurate results on the objects that are not pixel based.

Alternatively, look at all the calcs that actually support in-verse numbers. Devilman Crybaby is surprisingly consistent with sizes in a lot of cases. Again, the numbers are generally consistent, most artists have a sense of scale, and what's the alternative if there's no inverse numbers?

Space agencies with super computers and highly advanced technology that most people can't access. Also, it would be "extremely tedious" because of the sheer distance between bodies in the universe.

Anyway, I'm going to stop arguing this. If you disagree with pixel scaling in hand drawn verses, bring it up in a separate CRT.

In a few instances it can be right as I've said but its quite rare. Like Naruto was ouixel scaled and they got his height right at the first time but in the second panel the results were inconsistent. That's why it's much invalid and inconsistent on a majority of objects. And space agencies have advanced satellites that actually cover some distance, revolve and observe to find out the valid results. It's most likely not they're going to find inaccurate results with it as of it's not pixel scaling.

If you Still don't want to accept than okay but still don't claim them as actual facts than.

Yes, we're done here. Bring this up in a CRT if you feel strongly about this, not this thread.

"space agencies have advanced satellites that actually cover some distance, revolve and observe to find out the valid results. It's most likely not they're going to find inaccurate results with it as of it's not pixel scaling."

So a space agency is going to use pixel scaling over the advanced, far more accurate methods they have at their disposal? This point proves nothing about using it for drawings.

Why would they use it when it's inaccurate, In space you need to find the sizes of the much certain celestial bodies much like how in comics and manga people use pixel scaling for it which again I have proved is much inconsistent and invalid. But space agencies for accurate results use satellites to observes, stay and travel through those objects to find out there size. It's much different than pixel scaling. A much accurate method. That's what I was saying.

That's literally what I'm saying. You missed my point entirely. Also, space is 3-D, not 2-D, so it's a stupid point no matter how you swing it. I'm not even sure why I have to argue this.

SuperAPM said:
That scan would be appreciated if it exits. I went through the entire OPM manga but never found something like that.
Hmm, I probably misremembered or read a different translation or something. The statement was Gouketsu saying that there are many monsters stronger than Bakuzan, himself included.

I think there was another statement by Gyoro referring to both Gouketsu and Elder Centipede, but I'm not sure if it compares them directly.

Yeah, I think we need to stop the scaling and bump all the likely 7-A's down to 7-B until something more reliable comes along.

I think getting KE from Flashy during his fight with Hellfire and Gale got 7-B results as well, which is a good supporting feats. Not sure if it meets the new KE standards though.

I think I remember the statement used for scaling. It had two translations:

"Losing two of the strongest executives"

or, "losing two Cadres"

Made by ninja dudes in reference to EC and Gouketsu's dying

This scene right? I think this is the official english translation of the page. https://*****************/read-online/Onepunch-Man-chapter-87-page-29.html

You could calc EC's KE with this. He's obviously moving faster than sound, given the sonic booms, which should be enough to count as KE. Only other step after that would be calcing his size and weight, he should be a normal centipede scaled upwards, but he's also covered in metalic carapace rather than a normal one, which should increase his actual weight even further. He also moves fast enough to intercept Genos' spiral cannon when its already several meters up in the air, but its speed is unknown so it would be difficult to find how fast its moving.

Could also calc this explosion while you're at it.

Not sure how to do those banners, but generally you use this source code:

((Fiile:image_name.png|link=profile name)) but with square brackets instead of round ones, and file spelt correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back