• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch General Discussion Thread v8

Status
Not open for further replies.
The feat in question was performed in her normal restricted form. Given how close it is to 7-A her full powered unrestricted form would easily cross that barrier. So even if gyoro is stronger than the rest of the cadres this could easily be referring to her latter form.

Tatsumaki sorta gives her props, although it seems a little backhanded.

Fubuki also mentions her sister is exerting more energy than she usually does in a fight.

I've been looking at our current calc for Genos' mountain top feat and to be honest I think it might need changing. While Violent Frag is definitely applicable to the area surrounding Saitama and Genos, the actual mountain top looks extremely smooth with little to no signs of fragmentation. I believe the melting end should be used at least but even pulverisation could be taken into account. The mountaintop was the main point of destruction, when Genos destroyed the building the beam travelled past everything and exploded on the mountain behind it, the area surrounding the building was simply residual destruction.

SuperAPM said:
So I was just looking through old threads when I came across this calc Qaws made a couple months back. Both ends assume Atomitization and Compression respectfully.
I mean, if you check her profile you'll see that my calc is already there. Just in the lifting strength section.

I know, but its just using compression as its end.

Is the Melting end I posted correct, or does it need any adjustments?

I don't think melting makes much sense personally. It's just extreme force that crushed them together.

I don't know. The scan shows the rubble's colouration to get darker the further its compressed and there appears to be patches of heat/melted concrete as well.

Concrete doesn't melt though, it just decomposes. Even if was melting I don't imagine it'd be much

• V = 3,896,774.66072 m^3
  • V = 3,896,774,660,720 cm^3
  • E = 3,896,774,660,720 * (900 C - 13.7) = 3.4537114e+15
Alt using standard melting

• E = 3,896,774,660,720 * 25,700 = 1.0014711e+17
Or using spefific heat

• E = (2.4g * 3,896,774,660,720 / 1,000) * 750 = 7.0141944e+12
So no upgrade from my PoV

I mentioned later on in the thread you linked that I used diameter for radius and later readjusted the calc. Which is what the Class G stuff is based on.

SuperAPM said:
I've been looking at our current calc for Genos' mountain top feat and to be honest I think it might need changing. While Violent Frag is definitely applicable to the area surrounding Saitama and Genos, the actual mountain top looks extremely smooth with little to no signs of fragmentation. I believe the melting end should be used at least but even pulverisation could be taken into account. The mountaintop was the main point of destruction, when Genos destroyed the building the beam travelled past everything and exploded on the mountain behind it, the area surrounding the building was simply residual destruction.
Will just bump this quickly.

The only reason it seems smooth is because of distance. Even then you can make out jagged and uneven spots in the crater.

I'm aware of that, but should we assume the destruction was done through Violent Frag just because the residual damage around Genos was done through that method? I don't see any jagged edges around the crater tbh.

I don't see that part as being Vaporisation, but that does look like melting to me. The main point of focus was on the mountaintop, which should at least have melting as its end.

Smoke appearing does not equal vaporization. Dust is not only a thing but steam can come from any material hot enough to boil any surronding water in the air.

If it was vaporization, then the feat is what it was a couple months ago. An outlier. Also I'm pretty sure those are just the surrounding trees rather than ash.

Yes, I do agree that Vaporisation should not be used here. However I would argue that Melting is more applicable to the feat than just Violent Frag.

The calc group agreed with me that V. Frag was the best option, even when I made an alternative for melting (which got Low 7-B). Just personally I think its the most supported end visually. Murata usually draws melted rock if its actually melted. Just look at the Saitama/Genos fight.

I understand that point in regards to the area surrounding Genos (that whole page is pretty roughly drawn to be honest), but the actual moutaintop is far to smooth to just be Violent Frag. I understand that it might give that image due to the distance its shot at, but perhaps its incorrect to assume that area was destroyed in the same manner as the area surrounding Genos. The feat makes it clear that the mountaintop itself was the main point of destruction, that's where the beams main explosion happened.

I asked Damage regarding the Enel calc and he said smoke was a potential indicator of vaporization.

Also I didn't say the mountain top in the distance was vaporized. Just the ashy section of the mountain they're already on.

So..solid High 6-C Orochi?

Not trying to get ahead of myself, just thinking about how Tatsumaki scaling may not be needed anymore

I don't know if it was retconned per se.

They just removed all of the gifs from the printed version. Aside from serious punch.

Qawsedf234 said:
SuperAPM said:
While I'm good with the rating, know that every page you linked for large size City Z has been retconed out. So they cannot be used as anything more than possible author intent supporting evidence.
just because it wasnt in the printed version doesnt mean its retconned out lmao. the gif format doesnt work with the printed version so they just took it out for that, but its still canon.

They weren't retconned. They're not in the printed version because the format difference between a Webcomic and a Printed Manga makes it impossible for them to handle those single-page panel frames that Murata often enjoys drawing. Such as the chapter that consists of nothing but individual frames of Metal Knight flying.

Doesn't mean that those panels aren't "Canon".

I wouldn't say they're primary canon anymore for that reason. It was altered to something else.

The Nova was basically 15 Gigatons (14.69) but even doubling that would only get 30 Gigatons, which is < the basically 32 Gigatons Orochi's feat got.

So yes, very consistent.

I still think its heavily implied that the punch Saitama did on Rover was more powerful than the nova.

Very few people reacted to the nova, only the surface team. But ONE and Murata put emphasis on everyone reacting to the punch. Even the cadres, and Genos who is god knows how many miles away from that area. Even OROCHI, who didn't get out of bed for the Nova knew something was wrong when he felt the impact of Saitama's punch.

Going to be honest. In regards to both the punch and the Rover blast you're likely not going to get anything beyond 7-B. Like even assuming Rover was a mag 5 and Saitama a mag 7 amd they effected the same area as Orochi did

• 5 + 0.0238 * 9.1015 = 5.2166157 = 4.216223e+12 joules
  • 7 + 0.0238 * 9.1015 = 7.2166157 = 2.140877e+14 joules
Like even assuming the giant cities doesn't get you anything higher than 7-B

I swear Murata calcs his drawings before releasing the chapters.

M3X's calc lands at almost the same as tatsumaki and Qawsefd's is still 2x above CE's Nova.

OPM has some of the most consistent 7-C feats I've ever seen for a franchise ngl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back