• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch General Discussion Thread v8

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Orochi's attacks don't instantly melt him along with his suit, likely. (specially since dopey bird died by electricity and fire at least once in his story)

SuperAPM said:
I understand that point in regards to the area surrounding Genos (that whole page is pretty roughly drawn to be honest), but the actual moutaintop is far to smooth to just be Violent Frag. I understand that it might give that image due to the distance its shot at, but perhaps its incorrect to assume that area was destroyed in the same manner as the area surrounding Genos. The feat makes it clear that the mountaintop itself was the main point of destruction, that's where the beams main explosion happened.
I think its important that we get this sorted out ASAP

We have talked about it and even when I created an end with the assumption of the area being melted it was decided that V. Frag was the way to go. There's to much rock fragments in the immediate area of the blast for anything more to be implied in my view.

The area around Genos was residual damage, the mountiantop itself was the main point of destruction. It looks far to smooth to simply be Violent Frag.

Alright, I'm a be real for a sec. I believe some of the scaling needs a little bit of work.

I really think we should reconsider scaling the top tier cadres directly to Gouketsu simply beacuse it seems logical. Its not that Gouketsu is definately stronger than the rest, the issue is that we have no evidence as to what the scaling chain looks like. Its much like the scaling of Boros' subordinates, if the assumption that they're all comparable exists there, it shouldn't really exist here. Geryu and Gouke could actually be the weakest member of their repsective group for all we know, but all of that is pure speculation. If Gouketsu's feat had its 6-C end accepted, I feel we'd be a lot more hesitant to scale everyone directly to him. For accuracies sake, I believe they should be bumped down to 7-B until better evidence presents itself.

That is a less pressing issue at the moment. Something that desperately needs to be cleaned up is our current Demon Scaling.

7-C or higher should obviously only be left to those that scale to characters with that level of power (or perhaps even their own calc) and obviously shouldn't just be assumed to the level of any random demon that just shows up out of the blue.

However the biggest issue we have right now is that Hammerhead's Subordinates 8-A feat is currently being assumed as being the baseline for any demon that appears; This does not seem accurate, since we have no idea how those suits scale amongst the demons

A far more accurate baseline would be The Three Crows. Individually they are easily Building level. They are also Tiger level threats. Combined together and they become a Demon. For three individually Tiger level threats to become a Demon by simply coming together, then they must be extremely high level tiger's individually and an extremely low level Demon together.

This I feel is a far more accurate baseline for Demons to be at if they do not possess any feats above this or any form of scaling that would suggest a higher tier.

So in summary, any Demon that does not possess any higher feats or reasonable scaling should be assumed to be Building level as a baseline. I'd argue Building level+ myself, but that's up for debate.

I thought the 3 crows were demon level as a collective. Not individually. Doesn't make much sense for Max and Sneck to be one shotting demons, even if they are the most baseline demon possible. Regardless, I do agree demons that don't directly scale to Hammerhead or Genos should have their rating looked at. This includes Hundred Eyes Octopus, Surprise Attack Plum, Scaledon and maybe the 170,000 Year Magicicada Nymph.

Two notes that are important

• Hammerhead had a B-class bounty before he got the suits. Meaning SuperAPM's point still stands
  • As mentioned, I'm fine with "At least Large Building level" or "At least Large Building level, likely higher" for any Demon who does not have their own feat or scales to someone else.

Tetsucabrah

I mentioned this did I not?

"A far more accurate baseline would be The Three Crows. Individually they are easily Building level. They are also Tiger level threats. Combined together and they become a Demon. For three individually Tiger level threats to become a Demon by simply coming together, then they must be extremely high level tiger's individually and an extremely low level Demon together."

His bounty was never stated to go up, despite his only real appearance at that point being in his battle suit.

Where does Large Building level come from?

Qawsedf234

I wasn't even going for Large Building level. Since the crows should still be Building level whilst working together as a Demon level collective, simply Building level or Building level+ (since the three crows together should equate to about 1.5 Tons together) should be fine enough.

https://********.org/chapter/7294/18

Assuming this hole is at least the size of Scaledon maybe it could be used for the rating?

Scaledon was 164 CM when it escaped according to the wiki.

If Large Building level comes from upscaling, that's a no-no. The 8-Cs we have scale up from baseline (technically they upscale from a 9-A feat that's practically baseline).

Yeah I think that works.

His bounty was never stated to go up, despite his only real appearance at that point being in his battle suit.

Its stated that he commited multiple crimes in the past and leads a terrorist group. His B-Class bounty was always there.

https://********.org/chapter/7294/12

https://********.org/chapter/7294/13

also here we have a B class hero toppling over a pretty large tree, would this get a result higher than the current 9-B level feats?

Tetsucabrah

The problem is that aside from Wild Horn is one of the highest rated members of B-Class, his Pile Bison should be way higher than his own physical AP. SO it'd probably only scale to itself.

Gearspear doesn't scale to anyone currently. Or at the very least we have no idea how he scales to anyone currently. Will have to wait on that one.

Anyway I think that calc would probably yield higher results, since KGiffoni only calced the building fragmentation without taking everything else into account

Iaian, Rhino Wrestler and Base Phoenix Man really shouldn't be possibly 7-C either. I see no evidence as to why Iaian should be "comparable" to an early PPP or why Phonix Man should be stronger than G4, unless there's something I'm not remembering.

Given Iaian could damage Nariniki's soldies armor, which should be comparable to the ones Hammerhead and the Paradisers possessed, an 8-A rating for Iaian and Rhino Wrestler should be fine. But I see no evidence for Phoenix Man to be higher than 8-C, unless his gust attack yielded anything

Furthermore, if baseline Demon is being changed to be Building level/+, the A-Class heroes (and Child Emperor) currently given a "possibly 8-A" rating should obviously have that removed. Just 8-C is fine for them.

Yeah I'm good with all of that. In fact I did plan on making a thread about all of this.

What should Baseline Demon be considered? Since each crow should be 0.48 Tons for scaling well above Dave's 0.24 Ton feat, the three of them together should equate to about 1.44 Tons, Building Level+. Is this a fair assumption to make for baseline Demon, or should they simply be Building level?

At least building level. Since there's a random chance the three crows > baseline. But they should be above two crows (or at least one).

It shouldn't be worth anything. A higher tier character being restrained by a lower tier character whilst weakened is usually unquantifiable. Either they slightly scale (which in this case would mean a 7-B rating) or they don't scale at all. Obviously the latter case is what should be assumed here.

Tetsucabrah said:
Phoenix Man is strong enough to totally restrain a severely weakened Garou but I'm not sure what that's worth.
Actually that was Garou after he got his rage boost and ripped the tree out of the ground.

Phoenix Man did knock Garou off his ass with his gust. 8-A probably isn't a super stretch

I don't see how you can get 8-A from that. If its presumed to be a tier lower than whatever Garou is, it could literally be anything between 8-C and 7-B. I do not believe this is useable for scaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back