• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
so uh

what stops Arthur from teleporting next to him with a thought and powerwiping/mindwiping/BFRing/any combination of the former

"Achilles and Tortoise Paradox: Zeno is able to manipulate space, time and distance at will, allowing him to make areas of infinite length to trap his foes no matter how fast they run, move and perform multiple actions simultaneously, and give himself an infinite amount of time to dodge."

From this I interpret that he can just extend the distance between them indefinitely leading to Arthur not knowing where Zeno would be.

No idea who this guy is just speculating.

Arthur can teleport behind him and depower him just as fast though. Arthur would also gain his powers by being in his proximity due to Peter's ability so he could probably undo the distance shenanigans.

Well in the meantime I'll be voting Arthur to get some momentum going. If there's any arguments for Zeno then I'll retract the vote

What stops Arthur's stuff is that once Zeno got his infinite distance thing going none of his abilities have the range to actually reach Zeno.

I assumed that teleporting to Zeno's location and copying Zeno's powers right after would go around that. Is that wrong?

Teleportation also has a range, right?

"Thousands of kilometers with teleportation/BFR"

Also starting distance is 20 meters so if it's the first move then the distance can be covered.

If he teleports and power absorbs before Zeno makes the distance infinite it works, yes.

Then we're in agreement. So....how does Zeno increase the distance? Mental, hand movements, or anything else?

Zeno increases distance

Arthur teleports

Arthur lands somewhere far away due to distance increased....then is stuck there.

Yeah I'm going with Zeno then. It's much more likely for Zeno start with distance increase with the many less powers he has as opposed to Arthur using teleportation anyway.

When it says infinite distance, it strikes me more as infinitely increasing distance as opposed to literally being infinite.

If this is the case, teleportation should work fine since the timeframe is quite literally zero. However, if this isn't the case and Arthur doesn't have any incap that's not distance based, then there's likely not much Arthur can do. That being said, what can Zeno actually do to win? Increasing distance only makes an inconclusive if he can't put Arthur down.

The handy thing is that Zeno isn't all that affected by his own distance manipulation.

While keeping it up he could for example have his clones attack. Given, Arthur can probably defend himself for quite some time with all his powers, but with Zeno being the one on continous offense and Arthur's durability being rather low he should eventually die from physical attacks.

Wait Arthur has Time Travel. So going by that strategy Arthur would just go back in time. Although I don't know how his time travel works or how far back he can go.

Arthur timetraveling lets him go back centuries, although it's less accurate the farther back he goes. Sylar's power gives him instant mastery of it so he could easily use it to go back and undo the distance shenanigans.

Arthur could also just do a time rewind too.

Arthur would gain Zeno's physical strength/dura/speed once Zeno gets within range for Peter's power to activate.

And teleport + powersteal would be one of his first moves, yeah.

Zeno was created by a 5 dimensional (or was it 4D?) god cat to participate in a tournament, in which he also dies. Given that I don't think the god cat would appreciate interference in the tournament from outside sources it might be better for Arthur to not try to kill Zeno in the past.

Given, if Arthur specifically just goes back to the start of the battle to kill Zeno before he does anything that's a different story. But that seems to be a rather specific move to pull, considering that Arthur doesn't know that going further back isn't to his advantage.

Zeno's durability comes from having a carbonoid body. I'm not sure if replicating a relatively non-human body with carbon based upgraded DNA is within Arthur's capabilities.

Arthur actually doesn't usually kill people. In every case but one he depowers/mindwipes them then leaves them. The one case where he killed someone was because that person died due to losing their immortality/regen and aged to death.

Arthur doesn't usually go back that far. He would just rewind/travel to the start of the match.

Arthur alters his own DNA/physiology to match other EVOs, and can replicate High 7-C nuke powers no problem, so it's not much to say he can replicate Zeno's dura/strength. Heroes includes people who are made of rock and water so a "non-human body" is trivial to replicate.

1. Ok. God cat would still not appreciate that.

2. I question that he would timetravel to take advantage of a split second instance, instead of going further back.

3. EVO's are essentially still humans, though, right? We are talking about a being that isn't really human anymore.

DontTalkDT said:
2. I question that he would timetravel to take advantage of a split second instance, instead of going further back.

3. EVO's are essentially still humans, though, right? We are talking about a being that isn't really human anymore.
2. Heroes has stuff like butterfly effects; timetravellers like Arthur don't do stuff like that unless they have a very clear plan. He would only go as far back as he needs to. There's also him just rewinding time, which would circumvent the issues with time travel.

3. Ehhhhh. Some EVOs aren't that human and deal with losing their humanity. Tracy Strauss is literally just made of water, for example.

3. Don't EVO powers explicitely come from their evolved DNA, though? Wouldn't that mean that the water still contains her original DNA?

2. Show me one time someone went to the past/rewind time and arrived in exactly the second they wanted to change, instead of going back further.

To see Charlie Chaplin - I mean Zeno be used in a battle is a happy surprise.

Also, Tracy being mostly water stems more from her ability doesn't it? I'd like to argue that Zeno was toying around with samurai guy (the opponent he fought) since they had similar abilities.

I think there might be one more bonus feat though

I don't think my question/pondering was ever addressed, lol.

Also, can't Arthur also mind wipe? He doesn't have to steal abilities if it turns out it doesn't work.

Not sure if mental effects would work on them. There's Blues Man whose regular attacks can make anyone want to kill themselves with how brutal the attacks are, and even give cancer... Yet when he used his ability to the best of his ability a Carbonoid douche just laughed it off.

Since Carbonoids share the same body types it's highly likely that Zeno shrugs it off. Or at the minimum slowed down.

Not sure how stealing abilities would work though.

Arthur can laugh at people who can engage in mental battles and trapped a group of people in someone's dream, so IDK if the resistances are good enough.

>Don't EVO powers explicitely come from their evolved DNA, though? Wouldn't that mean that the water still contains her original DNA?

I'm not sure of the logistics for people like Tracy. But if the power is biological in nature I'd say he can replicate it.

>Show me one time someone went to the past/rewind time and arrived in exactly the second they wanted to change, instead of going back further.

Pulling up the clips would be difficult but he sends Claire to a specific point in space/time and travels to specfic times to rework some type of EVO serum. Again, time rewind is still a thing and he'd probably use it if he thinks time travel is too risky.

Back