• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest for every genre?

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
I don't know every genre, if I forget one, just let me know.

An interesting question was posed, who is the strongest for every video game genre?

Well. Then I asked, what about other genres? And now here we are.

Rules:

• Please, just don't fight.
  • This refers to tier first, and haxes second. If two characters are of the same tier with no discernible AP advantage either way, then haxes will decide the winner.
  • Sub-Genres won't be considered unless the genre is too vast. For example, RPGs will be split up because equating Action RPGs to something like a JRPG is not very good. But that said, gorey horror flicks won't be separated from suspense-based horror flicks.
  • Verses can have one tier each. I don't want the same verse taking like eight spots. Just not as fun.
  • Characters have to be on the wiki
Let's go. Rules are subject to changing if I think of anything. If anyone wants more genres for anime, I think they might be needed but like also I don't know shit about anime.

Video Games
Horror: White Face, Imscared (2-C)

Narrative/Interactive Movie:

Action RPGs:

JRPGs (Turn Based RPGs): Cthulhu, Cthulhu Saves the World (1-A)

Sidescroller RPGs: Hero of Lore, AEverse (Low 2-C)

Platformer: Mario, Mario Bros (2-B)

Shooter: The Guardia, Destiny (4-B)

Sandbox: The Entities, Minecraft (2-B)

Roguelike: The Crusader, Darkest Dungeo (5-A)

Shoot-em-up: Hecatia Lapislazuli, Touhou Project (3-A)

Fighting: Ragna the Bloodedge, BlazBlue (Low 2-C)

Strategy: The Player, Stellaris (High 2-A)

Simulation: The Player , Sims (2-C)

Sports:

MMO: Jas, RuneScape (2-B)

MOBA: Oracle, DotA 2 (2-A)

Battle Royale (oof): The Player, Fortnite (High 8-C)

Metroidvania: Dracula, Castlevania (2-C)

Visual Novel: The Creator, Umineko no Naku Koro ni (0)

Dueling (stuff like Pokemon or Fossil Fighters): Lucemo, Digimo (Low 1-C)

Other Games
Tabletop RPG: Luminous Being, Dungeons and Dragons (1-A)

Card Games (Hearthstone is lopped in here): The Ur-Drago, Magic: The Gathering (High 2-A)

Anime
Horror: Deus Ex Machina, Mirai Nikki (Low 2-C)

Slice of Life:

Comedy: Bobo, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (Verse) (2-A)

Drama:

Action/Adventure:

Fantasy:

Sci-Fi: Kami Tenchi, Tenchi Muyo! (0)

Mechs: Simon the Digger (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (Series) (High 1-C)

Magic: Aleister Crowley, To Aru Majutsu No Index (High 1-C)

Mystery:

Romance:

Paranormal: Ren Fuji, Masadaverse (1-A)

Books
Yes, this includes Manga and manga-like stuff since our book-section of the wiki is somewhat lacking.

Comedy: Azrael, Discworld (High 1-B)

Fantasy: Ga, The Dark Tower (High 1-B)

Sci-Fi: The Star Maker, Star Maker (1-A)

Mystery: Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock Holmes (9-C)

Horror: Azathoth, Cthulhu Mythos (0)

Mythology: Sun Wukong, Mythology (2-B)

Romance:

Drama:

Graphic Novels/Comic Books: The Writer, DC Comics or The-One-Above-All, Marvel Comics (0)

Light Novel: The Law of Identity and Akuto Sai, Ichiban Ushiro no Daimao (High 1-A)

Webcomic: The Parliament, Noisy Tenant (1-B)

Manga (?):

Apocalypse/Dystopia:

Adventure:

Television/Cartoons
Comedy: Sassy the Sasquatch, The Big Lez Show (Low 1-C)

Fantasy:

Sci-Fi: The Glory, Doctor Who (High 1-B)

Horror:

Drama:

Young Adult:

Paranormal: Bill Cipher, Gravity Falls (2-A)

Apocalypse/Dystopia:

Movies
Comedy:

Fantasy:

Sci-Fi: Bulk Beings, Interstellar (High 2-A)

Horror: Freddy Krueger, A Nightmare on Elm Street (7-C)

Drama:

Young Adult:

Paranormal:

Action:

Monster Movies:

Apocalypse/Dystopia:

Comedy books is azrael obviously (Followed by mark II)

Comedy TV/Cartoons is... well, unless the good place becomes 1-C, Bill Cipher?

Horror books is azathoth

Tabletop RPG: Luminous Being or Ynnead. Probably a stalemate between the two TBH.

Strategy game is The Player from Stellaris.

who is dis pun pun

Shooter video games is probably Destiny, FPSes aren't really known for their power so I don't know of much competition for it.

The current strongest comedy anime character is Bobobo, but he's likely going to be downgraded massively, and if so, the spot might go to a character that current lacks a profile.

Pun Pun was a cheese build that would make you basically superior to the DM disregarding the fact that the DM can just kick you out of their house

Wokistan said:
Pun Pun was a cheese build that would make you basically superior to the DM disregarding the fact that the DM can just kick you out of their house
Tier 0 Luminous Being due to being the dungeon master who is able to decline usage of Pun Pun

Added, and also oh shit forgot comic books whoops

Strategy is its own thing, but I might include RPG Maker types as a genre if I knew what the genre was called.

We'll say sure for sake of ease.

Final Fantasy in the same grouping as Mad Father. Oof.

God (Digimon)

@Wok Uh. Comedy, maybe? For TV?

@Blah Shit.

@Several God wouldn't count if they were only in manga. That'd be books.

VNs are just video games, correct? They're in there.

Light Novels are... what. I thought that was like manga I'll be honest I don't mess with this stuff much.

Since our dear local panda seems confused:

-Visual Novel: Interactive and visual story. Close to video games, but they could be considered separate. At least they're their own genre of game.

-Light Novels: Like novels, except with more pictures and generally Japanese.

-Manga: Comic Books but Japanese.

Light Novels seem to just be a mix of Manga and normal prose.

Not gonna bother complicating this, just put them with books/manga in Literature.

Alright.

1. VNs are already set up as their own genre in the Video Game thing.

2. Mix between manga and mundane books, got it.

3. Manga is manga. Gotcha.

Like I said, just gonna put Manga and LNs in with books and comic books since they seem to be the same. I can add them as a sub-genre though, I guess, but Manga kinda fits word for word in Graphic Novels against comic books.

For Books, it might be good to add a post apocalypse/dystopia and an adventure genre.

For both TV and Movies and action genre would be good.

Back