• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest characters of each genre

This post is exactly what it says in the title. We will try to find out which are the strongest character of every genre of games, stories, movies or any other artistic medium.

Suggest which genres I should add.

Strongest "Isekai" characters
1. Instant Death characters (Yogiri Takatou) & I Was Caught up in a Hero Summoning, but That World Is at Peace characters (Shallow Vernal)

2. A Wild Last Boss Appeared characters (Ruphas Mafahl)

Strongest "Bullet Hell / Danmaku" characters
1. Touhou Project characters (Reimu Hakurei, Junko)

Strongest "Sandbox" characters
1. Terraria characters (The Terrarian)

2. Minecraft characters (The Player)

Strongest "Mecha" characters
1. Gurren Lagann characters (Simon the Digger, Antispiral, Gurren Lagann)

Strongest "Platformer" characters
1. Sonic the Hedgehog (Main Continuity) characters

Strongest "Cosmic Horror / Lovecraftian Horror" characters
1. SCP Foundation characters (SCP-2747 "Anafabula", SCP-3125 "Constant of chaos"

2. Cthulhu mythos characters

Strongest "Turn based RPG" characters
1. Megami Tensei characters (The Great Reason)

Strongest "Action RPG" characters
1. The Elder Scrolls characters (The Amaranth)

Strongest "Tabletop RPG" characters
1. World of Darkness characters (Jehovah)

Strongest "Time travel" characters
1. Doctor Who (The Doctor)

Strongest "Metafiction" characters
1. Self-Reference ENGINE characters (Self-Reference ENGINE)

2. The Unwritten (The Leviathan)

Strongest "Zombie Apocalypse" characters
1. Call of Duty characters (Dr. Monty)

Strongest "First-Person Shooters" characters

Candidates: Dr. Monty, Doomguy, The Protagonist Cruelty Squad, The Champion

Strongest "Cultivation" characters

Strongest "Horror" characters

Strongest "Rhythm game" characters

Strongest "Metroidvania" characters

Last edited:
SCP for the strongest collaborative fiction.
Hmmm should I make a new genre just for collaborative fiction?
I feel that falls more into a medium rather than a genre.
And I'm not exactly making a tier list of all mediums like video games, web novels, books, anime, etc, you get me?

Hmmm should I make a new genre just for collaborative fiction?
I feel that falls more into a medium rather than a genre.
And I'm not exactly making a tier list of all mediums like video games, web novels, books, anime, etc, you get me?
I see. You can put it into medium then.

I see. You can put it into medium then.
Well this is not exactly a post about ranking the strongest characters of each medium for stories to be told.
It's about the genre of those stories.

That being said, SCP could probably rank high in the horror category (though most of their SCPs aren't meant to be scary so I'm iffy about putting them there)

Well this is not exactly a post about ranking the strongest characters of each medium for stories to be told.
It's about the genre of those stories.

That being said, SCP could probably rank high in the horror category (though most of their SCPs aren't meant to be scary so I'm iffy about putting them there)
Ok then, no worries.

What's the origin series of those characters?
all of them are isekais.

yogiri takatou from "Instant Death" (tied for 1st for now)

Shallow Vernal from "I was caught up in a hero summoning but the world is at peace". (tied for 1st for now)

Ruphas Mafah from "A wild last boss appeared" (2nd place)

other then rimuru and izayoi there isnt any strong isekai characters I can think off (pls don't bring up digimon 😭).

all of them are isekais.

yogiri takatou from "Instant Death" (tied for 1st for now)

Shallow Vernal from "I was caught up in a hero summoning but the world is at peace". (tied for 1st for now)

Ruphas Mafah from "A wild last boss appeared" (2nd place)

other then rimuru and izayoi there isnt any strong isekai characters I can think off (pls don't bring up digimon 😭).
I added the first 3 you mentioned

This is what SCP is officially described as on Wikipedia:
"The genres of the SCP Wiki have variously been described as science fiction, urban fantasy, horror, and creepypasta."

SCP is horror, yes.
Ok, do you want me to specify which characters from SCP are the strongest ones like I did to the other verses or do I just include the SCP verse by itself?

SCP Foundation characters

or

SCP Foundation characters (Character 1, Character 2, Character 3, etc)

Ok, do you want me to specify which characters from SCP are the strongest ones like I did to the other verses or do I just include the SCP verse by itself?

SCP Foundation characters

or

SCP Foundation characters (Character 1, Character 2, Character 3, etc)
Well, including the whole verse is kinda boring, so my choice is SCP-3125 and SCP-2747.

Last edited:
Chinese qi cultivation, or Xianxia.

Basically Eastern fantasy genre.
Well, I added the Cultivation genre. No clue who classifies for it since I never read any of those stories.
Time travel genre
-The Doctor and his verse
Added
RPG is broad as a category given it can encompass things like TTRPG or JRPG or WRPGs. Characters like Jehovah from World of Darkness, Amaranth from Elder Scrolls, and The Great Reason from Persona probably take the top spots
I don't see why I should separate RPGs by area. It seems silly to me, they're mechanically the same.

Though TTRPG are mechanically very different from other RPGs so I am considering separating it.

That being said, how strong are those characters compared to each other and which genre are they from? TTRPG or normal RPGs?

That being said, how strong are those characters compared to each other and which genre are they from? TTRPG or normal RPGs?
First two are from TTRPGs, and are practically god tiers, Tier 0 iirc, idk how far into it they are. The Great Reason is 1-A. Usually TTRPGs have really broad resistance, and most Shin Megami/Persona characters do as well.
I don't see why I should separate RPGs by area. It seems silly to me, they're mechanically the same.
They're really not though. Depending on what you're talking about, you can have turn-based RPGs like Persona, retro Final Fantasy games. You can have action RPGs like Dark Souls, Elden Ring, Elder Scrolls. You can have tactical RPGs like Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy Tactics. MMORPGs like World of Warcraft, FFXIV, and Runescape. You also have tabletop strategy games like Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40k.

They have the same premise of using stats to influence gameplay but are fundamentally different in how they carry them out. RPGs are literally a tree of their own, and it's ignorant to say they're the same mechanically considering the diversity of games that fall under this umbrella.

Last edited:
First two are from TTRPGs, and are practically god tiers, Tier 0 iirc, idk how far into it they are. The Great Reason is 1-A. Usually TTRPGs have really broad resistance, and most Shin Megami/Persona characters do as well.

They're really not though. Depending on what you're talking about, you can have turn-based RPGs like Persona, retro Final Fantasy games. You can have action RPGs like Dark Souls, Elden Ring, Elder Scrolls. You can have tactical RPGs like Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy Tactics. MMORPGs like World of Warcraft, FFXIV, and Runescape. You also have tabletop strategy games like Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40k.

They have the same premise of using stats to influence gameplay but are fundamentally different in how they carry them out. RPGs are literally a tree of their own, and it's ignorant to say they're the same mechanically considering the diversity of games that fall under this umbrella.
Aren't TTRPGs tabletop roleplaying games? Skyrim and Persona aren't tabletop games
metafiction
1.Self refrence engine????
Added
metafiction
1.Self refrence engine????
Put Leviathan somewhere
Which Leviathan? There are multiple Leviathans in fiction dude
Who is stronger, Doomguy or Freak shit?

I think Dr. Monty can be added to both the strongest first-person shooter character list and the strongest zombie apocalypse character list.

Last edited:
Back