• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest 7-A Match 39 (Itachi Vs. Güliedistodiez)

I was gonna be all
What the hell how is Naruto here but I don’t see any resistance to mind manip, which honestly gives him the win most likely.

Thing is, this guy has passive power null with good range and bypasses 20 some layers of power null iirc.

This is Edo Itachi which also has Low-Godly since it's the most powerful version as stated above. I know the Edos are weaker than they were in their prime, but Itachi is Different since we never saw him in his Prime, only him while dying from Ninja Cancer.

You should explain that a bit more. You only asserted that without evidence so I cannot really take it into account yet.
What are magic and skills in this verse, if it lines up then yeah, I will let it slide.

Idk, I'm not knowledgable on the verse, I'm saying that generally we allow power null to work against things its been shown to work against before unless they are completely different systems.

And this powernull works against almost all stuff in the verse which includes mindhax and soul stuff.

Edit:

It's how we've been treating it this whole tournament so far.

I know but an explanation should tell us if chakra and spider magic are comparable. Just because something is generally done a certain way doesn’t really make it logical, especially since we don’t have all the facts set up yet.

Well, the way we've been treating it is...if you have an ability that is similar to an ability it can nullify in-verse, then it works.

And that's generally how we treat powernull tbh. We only consider different energy sources when it's stated to have some sort of weakness in oly working on this energy source. Otherwise, nobody's powernull would work on people with the most miniscule amount of difference between their power systems, Asta's powernull wouldn't work, ect.

There was a thread where it was spoken, The power null needs feat to work on what it has to override, If something only works in Magic, we do not suppose it works in Ki or technology

There was a thread where it was spoken, The power null needs feat to work on what it has to override, If something only works in Magic, we do not suppose it works in Ki or technology
This was what I was referring too.
Manz. That point is getting into semantics and nitpicking, he was just providing examples.

We do, in fact, assume magic power null works against ki in certain circumstance.

For instance: The magic power null can nullify spatial manipulation, so, the spatial manipulation of the ki can be nullified.

Again just an assertion, you are both just claiming the thing without actually showing us how it would work or how the logic or evidence supports it. (Though jesus seems to make a bit more sense and I can see the logic their.)

If this wasn't the case, Iihiko's powernull would literally be useless against people without styles, abnormalities, or any other Medaka Box specific power system.

Powernull works on magecraft i.e. meta-magic. Take your supernatural power, give it structure and nature via technique and release. That basically the fudament of magic and should be similar enough to jutsus to work by verse equalization. One way or another.
Skills would be roughly any ability one has that doesn't use up your own supernatural power. This goes from swordmanship skill, over fear inducement and other mind manipulation, to a spiders ability to produce thread and poison. Pretty general.
Stats also fall under magecraft, which would be any passive amplification of stats via supernatural powers.
Magecraft is the generalized version of all of the above and could be thought of as any practice that manipulates the world via supernatural energy. Its effects include things like mind manipulation, but for instance also law manipulation.

So yeah, genjutsu gets negated. Güllie tosses Itachi into a powernulling pocket dimension and calls it a day.

Again just an assertion, you are both just claiming the thing without actually showing us how it would work or how the logic or evidence supports it. (Though jesus seems to make a bit more sense and I can see the logic their.)
Not a baseless assertion, it's how we've treated powernull here for years.

DT actually explains the point so Guile for his reasons.

Though Manz, I don’t see how tradition is much of a basis for your assertion unless you can explain why it would be in this case.

@fandom_00potato
You're asking me to explain something which doesn't have a clear explanation better than what I've already provided. I stated how we treat powernull in threads, then listed characters who are clear examples of the energy needing to be equal, not applying to power null (Generally, because sometimes it does). Hell, if you were around when Mami Tomoe was getting spammed to death, you'd remember her magic null being considered viable against people with completely biological power (Although mechanical was another story). Same with Iihiko who, as I've already said, wouldn't be nearly as powerful in threads if his powernull only worked against power systems similar to Medaka Box.

A lot of my favorite verses and characters have powernull, so I know how it's treated And anyone involved in those threads would know how it's treated.

It negated innate, biological abilities like a spider's ability to produce silk. It should work here. And, we're at five if I got it right.

Back