• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

PrettyFearMachine

VS Battles
Retired
In case you don't know, Stone Wall is a type of character whose defense is far greater than their offense. In terms of VS Battles Wiki, this would mean that Durability of these characters is way above their Attack Potency. In short, this is an opposite term for Glass Canno.

Here are the examples:

I'm not sure if adding a new category is really necessary, but it certainly won't do any harm.

Kharn is like this too, just within his tier.

@ZacharyGrossman273

SCP-682 doesn't have higher durability normally, he just develops defenses, and usually his AP goes higher alongide his resistances and durability as well. Not the best example.

@Homu If you didn't notice, I was asking for a category's addition. I'm aware of term's unofficial usage.

RebubleUselet said:
@Homu If you didn't notice, I was asking for a category's addition. I'm aware of term's unofficial usage.
I mean, why "Stone Wall" tho? No offence, but the naming just doesn't sound right. Why not Steel Wall or Diamond Wall or something else like "Tank" maybe?

I got the term from TV Tropes, which also uses the "Glass Cannon" term. And I myself don't really like "Tank", while others sound rather forced.

I suppose this should be fine to add.

I'm personally ambivalent on this, but there's no real harm in this even if the term is much more obscure when compared to Glass Cannons.

Interestingly, I know of a character who could sort of qualify for both Stone Wall and Glass Canon depending on context:

Regina Mills- Physically her AP is only Athlete Level while her durability is Building Level. Yet, at the same time, with preparations, her AP could be Large Planet Level, while her shields and protective charms can only go up to Town Level.

Someone said that they thought Tank would be a better category. Well, Muggshot is listed with that category. seems someone failed to realize that while we do have that category, it is meant for literal tanks.

Margwas from COD: Zombies should fall into this category, they have Street Level to Wall Level striking strenght but are inmune to small explosives such as grenades or XM-53, possibly Small Building Level to City Block Level durability. The only way to kill them is shooting them in their yellow mouths.

Would immortality and regnerative abilities factor into this, or would it only take raw durability into account?

Zeno from Akatsuki no Yona comes to mind. He only has 9-B+ AP and Dura, but he's immortal via divine protection and has very strong regenerative capabilities— to the point he speculates he could survive the complete physical destruction of his verse.

I am fine with the category itself, but it should only be added to character profiles when the difference between AP and Durability is considerable, not comparatively minimal. It seems like Frieza force soldier 100 may have added it to some inappropriate pages.

Back