• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That tweet doesn't link to anything, but from what you said, it's cause the lines don't match what's been said, which makes sense.

Ah. Weird cuz it worked for me but it must just be a preview then.

This is the one I was talking about, down on one of the comments in a reply to another.

Basically it's as you said + the text stuff I mentioned. I think combining the fact they're doing Refrain which has even more content like the WN and Eye of Hypnos, and Mangagamer doing other projects is why they're taking so long to do this.

IDK what the other VN's would be like if they were to do them instead of Sona Nyl but I imagine they wouldn't have taken this long if they did any other.

I do hope that IF they do still continue WAB if Sona Nyl does really well that it won't take them this long to do another.

Especially Valusia to get that Leonardo and his False God mech, or have Steel Princess Hilde and Machine Lord Charles of the Society around.

While editing Josephine's profile, thought to checked out the original weapon x, and wouldn't you know it, he is also 8-C and mhs+.

Really makes me want a match up between the 2, but think Jo might be outskilled.

Kek, Wolverine lol.

Yeah the ruby text for their names are literal comic book names of the X Men characters. The Council alone has Silver Samurai (Berta), Weapon X (Jo), Quicksilver (Walther), Gambit (Wilhelm), Storm (Florence), and Hawkeye (Emilie).

The Comics got even more with three former Council members being Angel, Beast, and Cyclops. Only ones that aren't of X Men is Tesla (Man of Steel), Shadam Coco (Catwoman), and Zorro (Douglas) but the last one has been around before even the first comic book characters came into the picture.

So yeah I was saying on the other thread that there might be an answer of sorts that could give us some idea about Steampunk's cosmology, and that has to do with the weird "dream walk" thing Lily does that has her go to different stories which seems to relate to "worlds" she goes to in.

But it's kinda weird now that I see it cuz I kinda forgot the whole context of it beyond something about going beyond space and time.

Yea, and we haven't even seen what he does in Sona Nyl.

If Edison gets some resistances, maybe a few broken passive abilities, he could seriously run for a spot in top 2-A's, if he even is only 2-A that is, still holding on to the hope that he sees the world as fiction.

不定形の、歪んだ影のような怪物であり、内臓などの器官は存在しない。
白く光る“ひとつ目”が特徴。

あれらは古代の怪異にして、滅びた人々の残した恐怖の残滓。影。
あらゆる傲りを嘆く声。
あらゆるひとを嘆く影。
既に終わった、見知らぬ誰かの物語。
“ひとよ止まれ”
“ここから先には何もない”
“導かれるのは”
“恐怖だけ”
彼らは、そう、嘆いているだけ。
呪うことなどなく。
恨むことなどなく。

Also was thinking about stuff from Valusia when I recall Zereer bringing some up, particularly on Leo/Leonardo/Uomo Universal

So the Horrors of Valusia are shadow-like creatures that, much like the Critters of Inganock, they possess no internal organs and have a glowing white eye that seems to be their other most common trait (similar again to the Critters of Inganock and Sona Nyl having a spring screw on them cuz of being toys).

This goes even more for them as Horrors are later revealed to be the leftover fears of past Valusians who died and what's left of them is their fears manifesting as these shadow-like creatures.

影は、己を成す恐怖をひとへ分け与える。
ひとが先へ進まぬように。
無限の恐怖に落ちぬように。
けれど、ああ、けれども。
その影に刻まれた恐怖はあまりに。
あまりに強すぎて……。
それ故に……。
ひとはそれに耐えられないでしょう。
声にも、姿にも。
触れられれば消えてしまう。
影の嘆きを心が受け止めるよりも、前に。
記憶が、心が、肉体が、消えてえしまう。
命を奪われてしまう。
自らに膨れあがる、恐怖に。
それほどまでに、彼らに充ちる恐怖は、大きくて──
深く、果てなく──

Said fear of theirs is actually potent because it can be weaponized.

Just by making contact with anyone, they can share the fear that makes up what they are now with others. The fear being so endless deep, everything from your memories, mind, your whole body disappears just due to how intense that shit is. It's basically something that makes you disappear. Not harmed or killed, just disappear by their fear.

The Horrors also come in different types like the Cyber Zombies of Karsheel, the strongest one being the Angel-Types with their pillar of salt light hack.

Rough draft? You plan on making profiles for them?

I mean their nature is defined, but everything is unknown there.

Maybe~

They seem more haxy in nature than being purely physical. They got shit like various powers depending on the variations of them, and their main form of killing is more about spreading their fear.

What could get them some stats is on the Beast, Giant and Angel Horrors.

First one are stated on their blog profile to require a platoon of Adepts to take out, and most of them are not only superhuman but they’re also outfitted with Crack Engines from Inganock.

Giant Horrors can destroy engine towers and structures but that seems more to do with their light shit. Angels are the same but their power is noted to be stronger than that of the Giants/Abhorrors due to Paradigm.

I have to set everything on a blog later to explain that. That or @Zereer can help explain some of this.

Funny thing about Steampunk now that I notice is how each series setting has a particular dangerous being.

We first have the Critters for Inganock. The Metacritters for London/Sharnoth. The Horrors for Valusia. And the Messengers/Angels for Sona Nyl. Even Karshel has it too for them with the Cyber Zombies.

Only thing for them is they’re not as broken as the rest if put in the normal Steampunk setting since using Cracking against them is one notable way of defeating them.

So if I do make some, what would being a shadow that embodies past peoples fear be?

Is that as abstract as the MetaCritters of London or something close to the Critters? Unless I put that as Intangibility/Incorpearlity.

I would rather we get something official than rely on info from some fan wiki, though i understand since who knows if we will get a Valusia translation, but it's up to you what you want to do.

It depends on whether they can be harmed physically or not, if they can be, then them being embodiments is just a fancy thing which has no meaning, if they can't, and are indeed the embodiment of people's fear, then they are both type 1 abstracts and incorporeal.

Well Atwiki pretty much has text ripped directly from the VN's, even that from the novel of Karsheel. They even have stuff of other works like from Shinza too, and I have the OG text for that (courtesy of a friend) plus videos online to check, so they're legit AFAIK.

They share the same feature of 物理無効, or "physical invalidation". The 物理 means physics or laws of nature, something the Critters also have on the official Inganock Website. The description on the blog states nothing outside of the Old Ones can harm them.

I should also mention that the Dies Irae profiles use a fan wiki (@wiki) for some of the info on the profiles yet nobody had any issues with them having it.

Pnakotic Phantasmagoria [Machine]

World Machine of Madness. It is said to be a giant machine developed by the《Golden King》, or by a supernatural being that came from a different land than Kadath. It appeared in March of 1909, completely destroying the Giant God (False) controlled by the Universal King. Its whereabouts afterward is unknown.

It is rumored that its right foot crushed or tried to crush something in the Strait of Dover (the Strait of Calais) in a certain month of 1909. In any case, this is the truth about the earthquake of a certain month that was rumored in Paris.

狂える世界機械について【設定メモ】発生の源は《発狂する時空》に由来するが、従属している訳ではない。本来は複数の宇宙に跨がって存在する●●●●装置。神々の鉄人28号。良いも悪いもリモコン次第。でも狂ってる。

『深闇のセレファイス』では、リモコン(意訳)は消失しています。《結社》を後にする際に黄金王が破壊したとも、黄金王が去ったのと時を同じくして一切の玉音をもたらさなくなった総帥トートが何処かへ捨て去ったとも。

About the World Machine of Madness [Setting Note]. The source of the generation comes from the《Madness of Space-Time》, but it is not subordinate to it. It is essentially a ●●●● device that exists across multiple universes. The Iron Man of the 28 Gods. Good or bad, it depends on the remote control. But it is madness.

The remote control for it has disappeared in "Celephaïs of the Deep Darkness". It was said that the Golden King destroyed it when he left the《Society》, or that General Thoth, who stopped bringing any sound around the same time, abandon it somewhere.

This is one piece of machinery I wish we could have art of.

It's also pretty powerful too since it can bring harm to Leo's Giant God Mecha. For reference, the Giant God casually one-shots the Abhorrors who are over 100 feet tall (Giant God has that size as well) and are taller than multiple Engine towers and structures which they can destroy. It can also perform Paradigm but Leo took it out before Golden King can complete it.

(Full Fight and Aftermath)

The above is also said "truth" of the "earthquake" rumored in Paris, so Golden King and Leo's fight was intense enough to cause some major commotion.

This says quite a lot even more because Leo’s Giant God is said to inferior to a Shintai according to Sakurai, and the Shintai’s I see are pretty variable from the Ulthar list of Shintai.

I got stuff like Cthulhu being said to be able to destroy Kadath if it were ever pissed, to some Shintai called the God King whose power and authority trumps all other Shintai, which may even include the Black God whose outright called the Black King...although this could just be yet another manifestation of Nyar as a Shintai and not the actual Nyar?

Idk I have to go and read that but yeah, Shintai would at least be superior to Leo’s Giant God if this is right

水の神/クトゥルフ

クトゥルーとも呼ばれる。最も美しい神体に降りたとされる強力な神性。深淵の海(国)に住まう人々の神体として君臨している。ダゴンやハイドラといった海魔のうち最上位の八体を眷属として統治下に置いており、人の作った機械の体を与えている。

他の神々と同じく、自らの神体を作り上げる際、灰色の国から助力を得たという。

深淵の国は灰色の国と盟友の約定を結んでいる。

自らを崇める海の人々だけでなく、地上の人やネコビトのことをも深く愛することから「慈愛の神」とも呼ばれる。

もしも水の神が怒りに震えれば、カダスの地上は悉く打ち砕かれる、とも。

Water God

Also known as Cthulu. A powerful god that is said to have descended into the most beautiful of Shintai. It reigns as the Shintai of the people who live in the Abyssal Sea (Country). The eight highest-ranking sea demons, such as Dagon and Hydra, are placed under his rule as his Kin, and he gives them bodies made of Human-made machines.

Like the other gods, they are said to have received help from the Gray Country in creating their own Shintai.

The Abyssal Kingdom has made a pact of alliance with the Gray Kingdom.

It is called the "God of Compassion" because of its deep love not only for the people of the sea who worship it but also for the people of the surface and the Cat people (Nekobito).

It is said that if the Water God were to tremble in anger, all of Kadath's surface would be shattered.

黒の神

別名は黒の王。正しき名は不明。

規格外の神体。最強の神体のひとつであり、蕃神 (そとなるかみ) と呼ばれる。造かな異界における神王の右手を降ろしたとされる黒い神体。シルエットは確かに人の右手のように見えなくもない。

自らの領域を持たず、従者と共に世界を放浪する。

【従者】黄金瞳 (右瞳) の少女

Black God

Also known as the Black King. The correct name is unknown.

A non-standard Shintai. It is one of the strongest Shintai, and is called the Outer God. This Black Shintai is said to have descended from the right hand of the God-King from another world. The silhouette looks like a person's right hand.

He has no realm of his own, but wanders the world with his followers.

[Follower] The girl with the Golden Eye (Right Eye).

Posting up two Shintai's that would have appeared in the setting of Ulthar, the Water God and the Black God. Also known as Cthulhu, and the Black King.

Gonna be posting more Shintai's here, plus doing this in a way actually helps me post the translations later on the actual blog and to show I'm not joking about other gods existing in WAB xD

Last edited:
白の神/ルリム·シャイコース

白色をした神体(機体)。主人公。人型をしている。

白の国で自然発生した神体であり、どういった素性の神性が降りているかは不明。アトと出会う以前の記憶を失ており、自らの権能すら把握していない。
イーリディーム (イリジア鋼) と呼ばれる伝説の金属で神体が構成されている。

【装備】なし

【性能】

白の装甲 …イリジア鋼の装甲。上位権能以外の攻撃を無効にする。
白の守護 …従者を守護する無形の盾を展開。
白の閃光 …高速機動力。
白の断罪 …???
光の剣能 …???

【従者】アト

White God/Rlim Shaikorth

A white-colored Shintai (Engine Body). The main character. He has a human form.

He is a naturally occurring Shintai in the Land of White, and it is unknown what kind of god has descended from him. He has lost his memories of the time before he met Ato, and doesn't even know what his own powers are.
The Shintai is made up of a legendary metal called Iridium (Iridian steel).

[Equipment] None

Ability
White Armor ... Armor made of Iridian steel. Disables all attacks except those of higher powers.
White Protection ... Deploys an intangible shield to protect its follower.
White Flash ... High-speed mobility.
White Absolution ...?
Sword of Light...?

[Follower] Atto.

灰色の神々

灰色の国で作られた神体 (機体) に降りた数十柱から成る神々。広大な灰色の国や、その飛び地で信仰と支配の象徴として敬われている。一部では軍事力として扱われていることもある。

技術の進歩ごとにその姿を変えるが、胸の刻印の数によって個体が識別できる。

【装備】鉄槍、鋼剣、鉄槌、鉄弓などさまざま

【性能】

灰色の鎧 …神体の基本性能。神体以外の物理攻撃は無効。

統治の目 …神体の基本性能。人間の服従心をゆるやかに煽る。

Gray Gods

The Gray Gods are a group of dozens of gods who have descended into a Shintai (Engine Body) created in the Gray Country. They are revered as symbols of faith and domination in the vast Gray Country and its enclaves. In some cases, they are treated as a military force.

They change their appearance with each technological advancement, but individuals can be identified by the number of engravings on their chests.

[Equipment] Iron spear, steel sword, iron hammer, iron bow, etc.

[Ability]

Gray armor ... Basic Ability of the Shintai. Physical attacks other than those of Shintai are ineffective.
Eye of Rulership ... Basic Ability of the Shintai. It gently encourages human obedience.

Second batch. We have the White God himself, who is a Great Old One afaik, and some groups of Shintai that seem to be new for this series...or would be.

Last edited:
二十三刻の灰色の神/シアエガ

ジュードを従者に選んだ神体。灰色の神々の一柱であり、位階は二十三位 (刻)。

灰色の神々の一柱であり、位階は二十三位 (刻)。

位階はほぼ最低位であるものの、静い殺すのためだけの力で言えば十位に相当するほどの戦闘神。神々が肉体を有していた時代は戦神(いくさがみ)と呼ばれていたという。

現在では比較的穏やかな神性。

朱色の単眼が特徴。(黒の神の赫眼とは意匠が異なる)

【装備】鋼剣、灰色外套、ヴァエヤン (五機のビット)

【性能】五の鋼矢 …ヴァエヤン。小型の蜂状の小型神体を操作する。有線ビット。

【従者】ジュード

The Gray God of the Twenty-Third Unit/Cyäegha

The God who chose Jude as his follower. One of the Gray Gods, ranked twenty-third (Unit).

A pillar of the Gray Gods, ranked 23rd (Unit).

Although their rank is almost the lowest, it is a god of battle, ranking tenth in power for terms of silent killing alone. In the days when the gods had physical bodies, they were called "war gods."

Nowadays, the god is relatively calm.

It is characterized by a single vermilion eye. (The design differs from the Black God's bright eyes.)

[Equipment] Steel sword, gray cloak, Vaeyan (Five bits)

[Ability] Steel arrows of five ... Vaeyan. Operates a small, bee-shaped miniature Shintai. Wired bit.

[Follower] Jude.

風の神/ハスター

ハストゥールとも呼ばれる。名状しがたき形態の神体に降りた強力な神性。つるぎの山脈一帯を領域として〈逆さ城〉から風の国を支配している。

数年前、風の国で最も優れた人物を「王」として選び、未来永劫変わることのない王統の誕生を託宣した。

王選びの儀の折、数多くの民を死なせたという噂がある。

現在の「王」である豹頭王は、民を「羊」と呼び、あらゆる個性を認めない。

【従者】豹頭王 (神王に連れて来られたアンプローズ·グイン·ビアス)

Wind God

Also known as Hastur. A powerful God descended from an unnamable Shintai. He rules the Land of Wind from the〈Upside Down Castle〉, using the entire Tsurugi Mountains as his domain.

A few years ago, he chose the most outstanding person in the Land of Wind as the "King" and ordained the birth of an unchanging royal line for eternity.

There is a rumor that he caused the death of many of his people during the ceremony of choosing the king.

The current "King", the Leopard Head King, calls his people "sheep" and does not accept any individuality.

[Follower] Leopard Head King (brought by the God-King, Ambrose Gwinnett Bierce)

A couple of Great Old Ones which used to exist in Kadath's ancient times.

Last edited:
翼の神/クームヤーガ

大空を舞う翼の神体へと降りた竜の神性。

カダス世界各地に棲まうあらゆる竜、ドラゴンたちの太祖であり、古竜王とされる。

縞瑪瑙 (しまめのう) の都市インガノックを領域として人々を厳粛に支配し、ある種の託宣と一定の法則に従って管理している。

Winged God/Kumuyaga

The god of the dragon that descended to the winged Shintai that flies in the sky.

He is the ancestor of all the dragons that live throughout the world of Kadath, and is considered the Old Dragon King.

He solemnly rules over the black city of Inganok and its people according to a certain oracle and a set of laws.

地の神/ゾタクア

ツァトゥグァとも呼ばれる。

通常の神体の数倍もの巨体を有する神体へと降りた強力な神性。神々の中で最も強靭な神体であると言われる。

地の国と呼ばれる地底の大空洞に棲まう人々の神体として崇られている。

Earth God

Also known as Tsathoggua.

A powerful divinity that descended into a Shintai that is several times larger than a normal Shintai. It is said to be the strongest Shintai among the gods.

It is revered as the Shintai of those who dwell in the great cavern beneath the earth called the Land of Earth.

火の神/クトゥグァ

常に高熱を発する炎の神体に降りた強力な神性。

火の山(国)に住まう人々の神体として君臨している。

Fire God/Cthugha

A powerful God that descended into a Shintai that constantly emits high heat.

It reigns as the Shintai of the people who live in the Mountain (country) of Fire.

緑の神/ショゴス

自在に形状を変える緑色をした流体金属の神体へと降りた神体。ロンカドールの地に住まう〈緑の子〉と呼ばれる子供たちを支配する。

ロンカドールとは、緑の豆だけを口にする、緑色をした子らの森の楽園だという。

【従者】〈緑の子〉

Green God/Shoggoth

A god that has descended into a green fluid metal Shintai that changes shape at will. It rules over the children called〈Green Children〉who live in the land of Roncador.

It is said that Roncador is a forest paradise for Green Children who eat only green beans.

[Follower] 〈Green Children〉

猫の神/バースト

バステトとも呼ばれる。シュプララプセール (ネコピト)を守護すると言われ、ほぼすべてのシュプララプセールから支配の神体とは別格として崇められる。

決まった祭壇や神殿を持たず、世界各地に出没する。

黒の神と仲が良いと自称しているが、彼女の言葉はそもそもあまりあてにならない。

猫に似た人型と、猫に似た四足獣型のふたつの形態を取ることができる。

Cat God/Bast

Also known as Bastet. It is said to be the protector of Shupralpusel (Cat People) and is worshipped by almost all Shupralpusel as a separate entity from the ruling god.

She does not have a fixed altar or temple and can be found all over the world.

She calls herself a good friend of the Black God, but her words are not very reliable to begin with.

She can take two forms: a humanoid form resembling a cat, and a quadrupedal form resembling a cat.

神王

灰色の国で最初に作り出された原初の神体。

世界中のあらゅゆる神体を凌駕する権能と神威を備えているとされる。

灰色の国の都に鋒え立つ巨大な王城〈時計城〉に君臨し、巨大機関ヒュブリスと常に接続している。

【従者】灰色の国の王女

God-King

The first primordial Shintai created in the Gray Land.

It is said to have power and divine authority that surpasses all other Shinati in the world.

He reigns over the Clock Castle in the capital of the Gray Kingdom and is constantly connected to the giant machine, Hybris.

[Follower] The princess of the Gray Country.

Last edited:
So yeah, these are the list of Shintai that would have appeared in the setting of Ulthar, which is technically part of Steampunk canon since one of Lily's dream walk journeys actually shows her the past of Kadath here.

So we have an Outer God, an Elder God, multiple Great Old Ones, and some others that are Shintai in the past. There are vague statements here and there that detail how strong they are, which is really only this "God-King", the Black God, the Water God/Cthulhu, and the Earth God/Tsathoggua.

We do have this here from the book that can give us a kind of lowball for even the weakest of Shintai.

偽神 (偽神群)

灰色の国をはじめとするさまざまな国で作られる機体。

神性が降りていない素体を元に、人の技術のみで駆動するよう作られた量産機。

神体の特徴である「頭」もしくは「顔」が存在しない。

神体の力には遠く及ばない。しかし、たとえ権能や神威を有しておらずとも大型の鋼鉄の塊であるため、人の兵よりも遥かに強力。

やや大きめの街であれば領主の所有する偽神が一機から数機配備されている。

False Gods

Engine Bodies created in various countries, including the Gray Land.

They are mass-produced machines that are driven solely by human technology and are based on bodies that have not been given divinity.

It does not have a head or a face, which are characteristics of a Shintai.

It falls short of a Shintai's power. However, even if it does not possess authority or divine power, it is a large mass of steel and is far more powerful than human soldiers.

In a somewhat large city, one to several False Gods owned by the lord is deployed.

しょせんは偽神です。本物の《巨神》イイーキルスとは比べものにもならない

And according to Sakurai here, Leo's Giant God is even referred to as a False God and is inferior to an actual Giant God known as Yikilth. Which is weird here cause in actual lore, Yikilith is the name of a giant iceberg that the actual Rlim Shaikorth rides on. So IDK what's this about other than what Sakurai is writing here.

Is the Black God, another manifestation of M, or is it referring to the M who is James Moriarthy? Confused there due to it being said its follower is a girl who golden eye, which would think means Mary.

Shintai are just Old Ones in metal bodies though, and M we know doesn't have that, so assuming it's another avatar.

@Celestial_Pegasus If I got this right, The Black God is just a manifestation of the Black King. Ulthar's would-be setting at this point is supposed to be about the Old Ones who were fading away and put into Shintai's/Engine Bodies. Yet M/Black King/Nyar is a "non-standard" Shintai cuz we know he doesn't need one due to being the Black of the universe.

カダス (ドリームランド)

神代の惑星カダス。

この時代、地球との行き来はないが、地球に座した黒の神だけは一部分をカダスの地に顕現させている。

Kadath (Dreamlands)

Planet of Divine Age, Kadath.

In this era, there is no communication with Earth, but only the Black God, who sits on Earth, manifests a part of himself in the land of Kadath.

-Ulthar's Thoughts Setting Glossary

Although it is really weird cuz his Follower here literally describes Mary. For all I know, this Black God could still exist as M up into the present but in Moriarty's body. But that's my best take on this.

@Qliphoth_Bacikal

Thank you so much for the translations!

There are really a lot of interesting things here:

1. I'm glad we finally got more specifics on the Kadath gods. I also hope that in the story itself (as I understand it, the Door to the Moon World contains both a novel and various settings?), the Shintai concept will be revealed at least a little more. Man I really like all this xD

2. Finally, explained who the "False Gods" are. The fact that Leo's mech belongs to their category is at least... interesting and raises a number of questions. I already faintly understand how truly strong his robot is, and I do not understand if he is at the level of peak Tesla, peak Rosenkreuz or King of Wrath. And now I have a lot more questions, maybe Leo is not that strong compared to all of the above (Tesla, etc.).

3. About a number of other gods, questions also arise. Shintai-Dragon ruling Inganock, mysterious God-King, and all that. Damn, I hope Sakurai comes back from FGO someday and continues writing her franchise :(

By the way, does this book have any illustrations of Rlim Shaikorth? It would be very interesting to see his human form.

@Zereer No problem ^^

Aye. It has short stories related to the moon and taking place mostly in the present of Steampunk (at least up to 1908, that is).

And yeah. It says a lot when Leo's Giant God can destroy 30m tall Abhorrors and even fight and destroy one of GK's terminals at the cost of his own. Yet the fact it's a False God says a lot about what the actual Shintai's powers are. We already know how powerful M is and what his Avatars can entail, and Cthulhu being said to destroy all of Kadath if it were ever angry is another, but the other Shintai for sure makes them all the more impressive.

Aye. I didn't even know there was a former ruler of Inganock. Or even a God-King that outright rules over all other Shintai. Although it's weird cuz the Black God is one but its bio outright calls it as a "non-standard Shintai" so it might not really be stronger than the Black King. But even aside that, that's another thing we know is so powerful.

If only...

Something like this? We also have this from the Sona Nyl WN, with the bottom right being said white god.

The Legend of Yith [Rumor]

One of the legends of France.

Once there was an ancient city, an ancient civilization lost to a great flood. Some Scholars have claimed that there is some supporting evidence to its existence, although not much is known about it in the current history. In recent years, the Figaro newspaper has given extensive coverage to an announcement made by a Scholar from the University of Paris, leading many people to believe in its existence.

According to legend, the cities of Yith existed in Brittany, Paris, Étretat, Marseille, and Averoigne, and each city had its own distinctive "tower" and "bell".

I’m gonna guess this may or may not make Rosenkreuz the last of his kind.

@Zereer

2. Finally, explained who the "False Gods" are. The fact that Leo's mech belongs to their category is at least... interesting and raises a number of questions. I already faintly understand how truly strong his robot is, and I do not understand if he is at the level of peak Tesla, peak Rosenkreuz or King of Wrath. And now I have a lot more questions, maybe Leo is not that strong compared to all of the above (Tesla, etc.).

I'm guessing the Tesla part is in relation to this here from Celaphis?

@ "The only one who can take on my《False God》is the late Lightning Lord!"

Granted this is technically in another alternate universe but if this is scalable to the prime one, that's another thing that says something for Tesla given Leo's Giant/False God is "Completely Independent" from all physical effects of the world and the Abhorrors disintegrating light does nothing to him, yet he says Tesla is the only who can match with it.

Oh and since you're probably free again rn, I should explain WTF I just posted here the other day.

Basically we now have info, although old ish but can still be relevant I guess for rn, about what exactly a Shintai is and the known ones we have.

Shintai are pretty much as we know as Old Ones in man-made bodies made of Machine and Engines, which enables them to remain in the world physically and even use their powers. Albeit as M/Black King/Nyar pointed out in his chapter from Engine Dictionary, this didn't seem to last long and they still disappeared at some point way before the main series plotline came around.

Information we know so far about Shintai in summary:
  • Vanishing Old Ones descended into machine bodies as an attempt to live on, but failed and they disappeared sometime in the past after that.
  • Shintai are much stronger than other man-made machines like the False Gods, which apparently even Leo's Giant God is put into this group meaning that anything Leo's Giant God has done (destroy 30m+ tall abstracts, fight and destroy a terminal of GK, could only be fought by Tesla (alternate universe though, but you could argue this can be applied to the prime verse), etc.), a Shintai would be superior to that.
As for the Shintai's we know that would have made an appearance but do/did actually exist in-universe are:
  • White God, Rlim Shaikorth
  • Water God, Cthulhu
  • Wind God, Hastur
  • Gray Gods
    • 23rd Gray God, Cyäegha
  • Earth God, Tsathoggua
  • Fire God, Cthugha
  • Winged God, Kumuyaga
  • Green God, Shoggoth
  • Cat God, Bast/Bastet
  • Black God, Black King
  • And the God-King

I see. Iirc Cthulhu appears in Gahkthun's sequel. Hopefully the rest appears in the new VN in production.

He does, yeah. Cthulhu's statement of destroying all of Kadath's surface if he were to ever be enraged would support his tier of fighting post-Gahkthun VN Tesla in his Knight of Thunder.

Cthulhu, while not as a Shintai, was heavily implied to also brought ruin to Karsheel's earth. Which interestingly enough had M and GK join in on it, however or whatever they exactly did cuz we only know fragments of what had occurred after Edison dropped his Great Engine Clock down on earth. Which is F'd up when just M or Cthulhu alone is already enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back