• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4y0go8.jpg

@Celestial_Pegasus Yeah Karsheel got hit HARD lol. Sakurai outright calls Karsheel as being the "culmination of all Steampunk Bad Ends" which makes it even more of a suckish world to be in lol as much as it is to be in the Prime Steampunk world.

As for the last stuff I said, this is part of the passage from Chapter 2 where Gene access fragments of memories of what was implied to have caused that earth to get ****** after Edison dropped his Clock.

──空覆をう黒い人型 (シャドウビルダー)。
──A Shadow Builder covering the sky.

──白き死の仮面。
──A white mask of death.

──哄笑する黄金の仮面。
──A loud laugh from a golden mask.

──咆哮。触手。翼。虚空にむせび泣く蛸の異形。
──A roar. Tentacles. Wings. A monstrous octopus crying out in the empty sky.

R. Dorman actually brings this up too when explaining the goal of the Foundation (Spoiler, this is actually the US version of the Society, and one that Edison apparently ruled over before he "disappeared" in the prime verse...at least to what I've been told on another forum)

“You can understand that the world’s rebirth is nothing more than life and rebirth. That’s exactly the proposition I research,” Smoothly and gently, the mechanical woman continued to talk about her research. “For whatever reason it was, the world is over. There are theories Scholars made about a human figure covering the sky, a winged-shaped phantasmal that appeared from the bottom of the sea, a white mask of death, and the loud laugher of a golden mask that crushed the world. Anyone who was aware of such trivial matters died out. That is why someone like myself is needed to carry out this plan. The rebirth of the world. A rebirth of life, a godly grace of renewal!”

So yeah, either way Karsheel got hit pretty hard whichever theory you take from this.

根源の現象数式

大公爵アステアの手による現象数式実験の際、彼の脳内器官へ刻まれるはずだった、原初にして根源のアステア理論である。最後に倒れた碩学の残した記録(走り書きに近いものではあるが)によれば、それは都市の《復活》に深く関係するのだという。

だが、根源の現象数式は、大公爵の脳には刻印されなかった。彼の脳に刻まれたのは第2の現象数式。会得したのは、ただのアステア理論。そう、記録には書かれている。……であれば、“根源の現象数式”は一体誰のどこに刻まれたのか。

……記録を残した碩学は、それを記すことなく倒れ、死んだという。

Origin of the Phenomenon Equation

The original and fundamental Astaire Theory, which was to be engraved into the organs of the Grand Duke Astaire's brain during his experiments with the Phenomenon Equation. According to the record (albeit almost a scribble) left by the last of the Scholars, it is deeply related to the "Revival" of the city.

However, the Origin of the Phenomenon Equation was not imprinted on the Grand Duke's brain. What was engraved in his brain was a second Phenomenon Equation. What he learned was just the Astaire theory. Yes, the record says so. ...If that is the case, then who and where was the "Origin of the Phenomenon Equation" engraved?

...It is said that the great scholar who left the record collapsed and died without writing it down.

Some more lore bit of Steampunk that relates not only to Inganock but very much a certain "someone" we're aware of.

Alexandria Engine Library Records

"Concerning the ultra-high concentration of Fermion"

"December 25th, 1907
Observation information on extremely high concentrations of Fermion was reported by Pinkerton Detectives"

"Observation of particle traces have failed. Observing New York City
The continuing deception of the《Foundation》has been sabotaged"

"Cooperating reporters have reported that the《Foundation》also failed to track the particles"

"Observations have shown that the increase in dense particles is temporary and may disappear completely on the spot"

"Additionally, the sightings of a Cracking Being manifesting has yet to be reported"

"The Scholar Society...West India Company...the《Society》, are scanning for similarities and resemblance like the Inganock case in the region of Kadath"

"There have been no signs of the reappearance of《Grimm Grimm》detected so far"

"Neither the Scholar Society nor the states Engines have yet to secure a Cracking Being"

"Illusions do not exist. It is something only humans dream of"

"It could be said that the fact that no real, substantive, or secured case of a Cracking Being has yet been reported, reinforcing this universal truth as fact."

"Lord Edison, the man who brought the Phenomena Equation to the world in secret, communicating its secrets only to the《Society》,《Foundation》, and the Grand Duke Astaire, disappeared several years ago."

"The disappearance of him and New York proves this illusion to reality"

"But if the modern fantasy is non-existent and unevenly distributed──"

Alexandria Engine Library Records
From Secret Report 0101, 1908

Bored again.

Posting to show that Edison DID in fact gave the Cracking Theory to the Grand Duke as per the lines from Inganock's official website keywords, as well as having shared its secrets to his personal organization the Foundation, and apparently that of the Society.

So it lines up that Edison, once more, is the reason the Archduke was able to create the Astaire Theory in Inganock and that of the Second Phenomena Experiment that Edison most likely had to have had a hand in tampering with.

Just remembered this because of that latest GK thread.

I think we now have plenty of evidence that discusses the origin and nature of Cracking, from what it can do to it being powered by Edison/Tick Tock Man.

On the nature of Cracking, we obviously know what it can grant based off solely from Inganock and Gahkthun.

Inganock's website keywords explain that Astaire was just given the idea of Cracking and didn't invent it, which was confirmed in the Engine Dictionary to be done by Edison himself. This should also be a given as he himself is the one to perform the first Cracking Experiment while Astaire didn't do his until the year after NYC.

The part where Cracking draws power from Edison that I found so far is through one of the short stories of Valusia's Webnovel on its official website. There, Hilde explains about a sword called the "Star Sword of Tishtrya", one of the few blades known to exist that can destroy even those with Sekime that is powered by the Tick Tock Man.

星剣。星と同じ名を有するそれは《時間人間(チクタクマン)》の力さえをも利用して蠢く我ら赫眼の者を滅ぼし得る数少ない刃。事実として、1年ほど前には、砂漠の地で我が同胞シャルル・ヴィクトール・ルクレールを一度は斃しかけた。

The Star Sword. It has the same name as the star, and it is one of the few blades that can destroy those of us with Sekime that wriggles in the《Time Man(Tick Tock Man)》power. As a matter of fact, about a year ago, it almost killed my partner Charles Victor Leclerc once in the desert.

-Hikari no Valusia Webnovel Chapter 2

Only thing I've yet to find out on is whether Edison being the one who powers Cracking can use all of the stuff shown in the series to date. I imagine that would be in the VN of Sona Nyl is our best bet.

Sekime is 赫眼 or the Glittering Eyes. Another word Valusia’s glossary uses is Crimson Eyes iirc.

It’s the thing GK uses, and supposedly all other high ranking members of the Society like him such as Hilde and Charles (Machine Lord) uses. It’s also supposed to be something GK himself invented out of his Kreutz Circuit, hence being powered by Cracking which the Valusia WN states is from using Tick Tock Man’s power.

In other words if the Valusia VN was out, i would have already known about it, and wouldn't have been scratching my head when it appeared in Gahkthun?

Just makes it even more evident why the series need to be read in order, you can read them cause the story is self contained, but there is stuff here and there you won't understand cause the concept was already introduce in the previous series.

Gk being the one who made the op eye abilities is cool.

In any case, this just now proves again how crazy Cracking/Phenomena Equation is in the series since Edison's power is the one that powers the Crimson Eyes of the Society, which uses certain Formula which we know has to be Cracking.

Pretty much just about all the things that are of Cracking nature, from the Astaire Theory, the Arts in Gahkthun, Kyrie's laser weapon and sword, the creation of Critters, even Engine prosthetics in Inganock are powered by Cracking.

And to think it was first established as being a math equation that controls and warps physics xD

Mangagamer had an update, but no Sona-Nyl.....

Feels like we are Tesla, trapped in the Time Prison, the wait is unbearable.

Seriously hoping Haganeya and Sakurai would do a collab and make a Crossover of WAB and Demonbane

WAB already got the mech stuff covered down. Tesla's Knight of Thunder, Leo's Giant/False God, the Shintai's (more or less), the Chrome Bodies of the Society, that one Engine Mobile Weapon Theodore used in Gahkthun...plenty enough to make something up.

That and since WAB has Cthulhu Mythos like the Nyar's, even more to make some kind of collab crossover. What I'm curious of is how Demonbane's Nyar would act towards Black King Nyar or Moon King Nyar lol.

Demonbane's Nyar has a bunch of versions/avatars including a Holy Elder God. So it depends which ones you asking. Though most of them are all hell bent on plunging creation into chaos.

Oh yeah...DYN Freaks showed that, no?

I was more familiar with that lady Nyar. Although the fact just about all of them are hellbent on putting creation into chaos sounds more like Moon King would fit along with them.

Kishin Hishou (the sequel) and DYN Freaks showed them.

And yeah that's cuz they're all Chaotic af lol.

Isn't Demonbane's Nyar like nothingness too? By plunging into chaos, do you mean they want to return everything to nothingness or do they just wanna mess things up?

From what we know of Moon King he is the latter, destroying the multiverse would break his toys, he doesn't want that, he wants to keep making all intelligent life suffer.

I've been posting quite a bit here and there of Steampunk stuff on Twitter now that I'm more open to post my own tweets, I'm probably gonna end up having people be curious enough to check it out eventually.

Especially Sona Nyl. All my posts there will be literal posts of Sona Nyl, from the VN, Refrain, the Novels and short stories relating to Sona Nyl...just gonna be Sona Nyl stuff lol. Maybe even bring up the fact that we have an Edison whose literally a bonafide Nyar lol.

Anywho if the Nyars in Demonbane are anything like the DYN Freaks Nyar I read about, they would be more of the former while Edison/Moon King would be more of the latter.

If he were anything like that or even with M and his devouring of infinite series of endlessly multiplying universes, there wouldn't be any enjoyment for him to do in causing misery and despair in creation as Celestial puts it.

Not that he's incapable of doing it considering he's another Nyar from a different world, just that it's more amusing for him to make existence suffer.

Isn't Demonbane's Nyar like nothingness too? By plunging into chaos, do you mean they want to return everything to nothingness or do they just wanna mess things up?

From what we know of Moon King he is the latter, destroying the multiverse would break his toys, he doesn't want that, he wants to keep making all intelligent life suffer.
Yes

You forget repeat the same lines over and over again with little to no variation.

Every fight be like:

But he still lived.

He lived in the very air where the seeds of death had been.

The steel "him" was protecting him.

Gii: Too slow. Don't cry. I see. People certainly can't do anything to you. However, the steel "him" is far more than human. You of steel. My Kikai Porshion. I shall say this to you. Melt like the sun.

The one that comes to my mind first is what they repeat whenever the Baron appears in Sharnoth.

Was Ulthar the one that's non canon, or is it in a parallel world?

M and Edison exist there so are they the same ones we know, or parallel versions?

Part is back in the main universe? Kadath is in another galaxy.

Edison has control of the largest piece of AZZT.

Yea a bit confused here, if this happening in the main universe or a parallel one which then switches back to the main one in part 2, and back to the parallel one in part 3?

Edit: After reading Pinkerton, seems like its the main universe we know.

Last edited:
Was Ulthar the one that's non canon, or is it in a parallel world?

M and Edison exist there so are they the same ones we know, or parallel versions?

Part is back in the main universe? Kadath is in another galaxy.

Edison has control of the largest piece of AZZT.

Yea a bit confused here, if this happening in the main universe or a parallel one which then switches back to the main one in part 2, and back to the parallel one in part 3?
Ulthar is a dead project (afaik) that was supposed to explore the ancient past of Kadath. Faik, it doesn’t say it’s in a different universe.

The Thoughts storyline go back and forth between 1900 and ancient Kadath. 1 and 3 is the 1900 while 2 is the snippet piece of old Kadath.

They should be the M/Baron and Edison we know.

The Pinkerton related stories are connected to the Ulthar/Moon World storylines. And since those take place 1908 with Tesla and Neon present, this isn’t an alternate universe like Karsheel’s or Celaphis.

The Moon of Kadath was stated to be Azathoth/A.Z.T.T in Valusia’s WN which is consistent with the White God Shaikorth spoke of to Atal.

You're telling me.

Then again, there are still people I see on Twitter everyone now and then that bring up Vulthoom which is like another installment to Steampunk that takes place after Gahkthun. FAIK, it's about as dead quiet as Ulthar here is.

About the Pinkteron Agency, we actually knew about them since Sharnoth. Thing is, they've only ever appeared in stuff like WN's and other novels and have yet to make an appearance in the VN's directly. They're pretty much one of those groups of people you never would have heard or read about unless you got those novels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back