• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steampunk ~What a Beautiful Discussion Thread~ 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been about a good 3 weeks since the last one. And looks like they'll be back for another in 2.

hopefully yet another Sona Nyl update

Another some things, I found out that this character, named "Cat Lady" or "Cat Woman" (probably the Kanji's for the name) shows up in Shining Night apparently.

Secret Meeting
She has an actual name but it's kinda weird to make out. All I know is that she, and seemingly Walter, are members of the Shining Alliance I mentioned. There's also apparently a drama CD about them that comes with Shining Knight, which I'm wasn't at all aware about since it wasn't listed on Atwiki.

Speaking of SN, this thing is what the Meta=Critter Tesla and Neon encounter in Dragon of Deception takes up outside of the Wallace Network System. Oh and forgot to mention it, it's name is Jabberwocky like the Alice in Wonderland creature. It's just called Steel Lizard here cuz that's how it apparently looks like.

Yeah I was the one who added that lol. Though I was under the impression that he only said 72 cuz it might have meant that's how old he is since getting cursed by the Thunderbird. I didn't think it was due to not wanting to be seen as old lol.

I am curious about this Cat Woman's claws though. Them glowing purple like that would look like they have something in them. DK what her overall role is but seeing that she appears in Dragon of Deception also, there's something I'll look forward to of that...maybe.

That would be dope.

Tesla's got lightning and a mech, Walter (if At is being legit) got speed (even though Tesla's the one with that too lol), Douglas is the groups badass normal, and Augustine Dupin (another char who appears with Douglas in Shining League) is the brains of the group.

So they pretty much got a varied set like the Avengers or Justice League.

It's a big book, I tell ya. B5 size paper, and a lot of text on each page.

A lot of great looking art. Oh and it's actually got a full map of the island too.

You know for something that's said to be in "very good condition", it's a really nice looking book.

IMG-1280
Full map of the island (Note: It's hard to get a flat image of it without putting creases on the pages)

IMG-1290
And several characters both old and new, plus Cat Lady~ and surprisingly what appears to be a human form of Tesla's scarf.

Edit: Oh I'm at the beach or right about going to.

The map is cool but unless something is stated about the island's size not really helpful.

Who is the blond girl on the left i wonder.

So Tesla's scarf is sentient? Wonder how that works.

Eh figured we'd get somewhere but oh well. At least we know what's how big GK was gonna destroy.

Believe that's Anne Beart. Doesn't she carry like a sword on her side?

Atwiki seems to say that it can sometimes take up a human form (as you can see from the small Tesla underneath Nightengale, above Cat Lady/Shadam Coco (supposedly her name in Katakana...weird name tho so IDK if I got the first one right) and next to Neon). As for what it can do? IDK, that's just about it.

Characters of What a Shining League

IMG 1284
Augustine Dupi

IMG 1285
Douglas Fairbanks

IMG 1286
Konrad Fight

IMG 1287
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

IMG E1288
Penultimate image of What a Shining League

I figured it was Anne cuz she uses a sabre and all from what I remember of her first appearance.

They seem to be active in the city dealing with any trouble making Art bearers but FAIK, that's about it.

Speaking of Shining Night, I found out that Wilhelm's Dominate Art's full potential supposedly allows him to "dominate space", which from what text I could get out of it just seems like something that would allow him to be superior than the other party that's also occupying the space he's in. DEK what the hell its range is or how it ACTUALLY operates but he supposedly used it around the tower during the Wrath King incident against his Banes of Fury (which are supposedly pieces of him if I got it right) so I assume it at least covers that area. Walther's Art in that fandisk is said to allow him to also accelerate other people, not just objects like his shoes.

But since we don't have it TL'd, there's not a lot I can really give out beyond what I can get.

How strong is Tesla at full power? Even on the last of his strength he gave GK a run for his money, then easily beat him once his existence got anchored and even then he is still nerfed heavily by the time prison.

Pretty mind boggling to think about.

Likely higher than what even his EoS tiering is at to some unknown degree. I definitely heard from Trex that the Time Prison is what nerfed him, but I also assumed it was just cuz Tesla got his ass beat hard by Edison.

Speaking of, still no idea what it really is. I just only get that it's some space where time and space is frozen, and the WN of Sona Nyl seems to have it in Alcatraz or something. Though I question a bit of that area of Tesla's prison considering Lily arrived there as her last place of her dream walking journey. Which means either it's in some weird metaphysical space or its really in Alcatraz but in frozen space and time.

Speaking of his Eos tiering think we should look at it again once you finish Gahkthun.

Basically i don't think he should just plain be Low 5-B.

Just Tesla, i am thinking his Eos should be something like; High 6-B, higher with Knight of Thunder, At least Small Planet level at Maximum Power.

Just don't see what's the evidence to suggest he is always Low 5-B, his existence being stabilized just means that he won't fade from his existence anymore, and he isn't running on fumes in terms of power.

Obviously he is stronger since he one shotted GK, but Low 5-B in Base? Doubtful to me.

Right.

I've had a similar thought to it on that after watching enough of the Tesla vs GK confrontation. The point from what I understand is how, as you said, his existence being anchored by Neon allows him to stay in the world and not run out of fumes. From that it seems more like him having his existence not fragile anymore AFAIK of the story that I'm at.

On to the actual talk here, it makes sense. If Tesla after his existence anchoring fought GK if he had used Ulthrathotep after his revival, I'd say Tesla could stay Low 5B for that reason. But he only OHKO GK in his base form, so it sounds about right enough to at least tier him there but keep his Low 5B as his max power state.

Either way, he'd still be the Shining League's strongest member lol

Should Critters get Inorganic Physiology Type 1 and maybe all types of Self-Sustenance? Type 1 is described as any object coming to life through supernatural means (like giving a lifeless robot a soul or some such), and Critters from Inganock to La B├¬te du Gévaudan were originally all toys (Konrad supposedly used a wolf toy to summon the latter with Nightengales Art if his atwiki page is to be believed btw) brought about through Cracking which is pretty supernatural for what it can do.

Self Sustenance is more like an add on but it also seems to fit them considering they're not living things and thus don't need stuff like that to survive.

Oh that? That's another way of saying µ®ƒµó░µ¡╗õ║║, where µ®ƒµó░ can be said as machine or mechanical and µ¡╗õ║║ meaning something like corpse or dead.

Basically from having to think about it more a while back, I figured out that it's meant to be read in that order as either Machine Dead or Mechanical Dead. I just use the latter properly cuz it flows as much as Dead Machine, which is just switching the Kanji's cuz I stop right at Machine before Dead...mostly cuz it didn't flow right with me as much as using "Creature" instead of "Critter".

Hope that clears it up.

Death of the Laws of Physics can be under their notable attacks section and if you think about it, it's combat applicable, you kill them=you die.

A person with no knowledge of them who kills them will have no idea that once that happens the laws of physics die, killing all life around them.

Blessed could also be there, or maybe physics manipulation? Yea that probably works better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back