• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Cloverfield Revision

Dark-Carioca

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Image Helper
Currently we have the Cloverfield monster at "City Block level" with no calc or justification.

I made a calc to justify that tier, however it was quite vague, and so I did another calc, and then another... and a few more.

What I suggest, having seen what Clover's actually capable of is:

"At least Multi-City Block level+ (Can generate this much energy just by existing. Easily walked through and destroyed the Woolworth Building and caused an earthquake of this magnitude, blacking out much of Lower Manhattan and causing the power grid to go offline for 7 seconds. Collapsed the Chuai Station oil rig, and no trace of it was left afterwards. It performed these feats despite having not fully developed its arm and leg strength.)" for AP as well as Durability, which also will be "At least Multi-City Block level+ (Completely tanked walking through the Woolworth Building and was undamaged by this explosion, which it potentially caused as well.)

Striking Strength will additionally have "At least Multi-City Block level+ (Collapsed and destroyed several buildings and streets throughout Manhattan and smacked the Brooklyn Bridge in half with its tail.)"

This calc will also justify the baby's Subsonic rating.

Plus, given how we see the adult in The Cloverfield Paradox, I figured we could add a key for the adult, which I also made a calc for. Even though it only shows up for a few seconds, a big thing about the original movie's monster was the fact that it was a baby (not something you learn while watching the movie, but still), so I figured the long-awaited adult deserves a spot in the profile as well.

I figured its rating could be, for AP/Striking Strength: "Unknown. At least City level+, possibly Large Mountain level (by virtue of potential size and via KE)"

And for LS and speed:

"Unknown. At least Class G, possibly Class T (by virtue of potential size)

"Unknown. Possibly Supersonic+ to Hypersonic (Rose up from below the clouds at this speed)

This would be separated by a key ("Baby | Adult"), of course. (And I leave it as Unknown because we don't know just yet how dangerous and powerful the adult is)

Given how its parasites' horrible toxin don't seem to affect it to the same degree as humans, that might also be worth "Resistance to Toxins", though I'm unsure on that.

Regarding the parasites... as parasites and thus creatures that can likely pierce Clover's skin, they could potentially scale off Clover's durability, potentially granting them "Possibly Multi-City Block level+ or higher via piercing damage"

Director Matt Reeves also recently straight-up called it an alien from space (something we can add to its clarification), and that the thing that we see falling from the sky in the original movie's ending (in the recording of Rob and Beth's trip to Coney Island on Apr 27th, 2009 [a month before when the movie takes place]) is this baby, apparently. Thus the baby also gets the extra durability feat of "possibly Town level+ (Presumably survived a fall from space, as stated/clarified by the director.)"

I decided to leave it as a possibly 'cause Reeves wasn't the only director or writer involved in the franchise and what fell from space was originally believed to be a satellite (a piece of the ChimpanzIII more specifically, though others also believed that despite what was told about the ARG, this may have been another cover-up story by Tagruato and there were suspicions of Clover being related to deep space according to the military)... plus it somewhat contradicts the baby being at the bottom of the ocean for thousands and thousands of years as stated in this other interview. This will be added as a note in the revised profile.

Last edited:
I agree with the revisions.

Edit: How much would Clover get from falling from space for a creature his size?
If it'd landed on a solid surface, prolly quite a bit

But falls into non-solid stuff like water are a bit iffier to calc, and for now I don't think we have a method for it

Seems good. Nominally I wouldn't agree with the parasites being that high because ticks aren't 10-B for biting into people but this is fiction so I dunno. I'm just iffy on accepting it I guess.
Maybe I could have it written as "potentially at least Building level, likely City Block level or higher via piercing damage"

Naturally, it's not a case of realistic piercing damage given how tough Clover is, compared to us humans (relatively speaking).

Maybe I could have it written as "potentially at least Building level, likely City Block level or higher via piercing damage"

Naturally, it's not a case of realistic piercing damage given how tough Clover is, compared to us humans (relatively speaking).
Yeah considering Clover is literally bulletproof as shown on-screen everytime the army tried to shoot him.

Wait wasn't there something in the ARG about Clover being underwater in dormancy before he was awakened and destroyed an oil rig? Iirc it was something to do with him being harvested for Slusho

Agree with the additions.
Wait wasn't there something in the ARG about Clover being underwater in dormancy before he was awakened and destroyed an oil rig? Iirc it was something to do with him being harvested for Slusho
Yeah, what about it?

Are you saying the destruction of the oil rig should be added above? We don't see that happening so I never considered it.

I don't know but it's hard to say because we don't see it happening...

Correction: We do see it, as I've now just learned, and the original mysterious website (well, one of many) launched to advertise the movie did show a pic of the baby grabbing the oil rig. It'd justify Class M, at the very least.

One of the pics in that site also showed the parasites (and likely Clover as well, right below them) roaming at a depth of 10,027.5 meters. Not sure what that'd be resistance-wise.

Last edited:
Yeah that seems to have been retconned now by one of the directors, who may have forgotten about this...

I'll add some of those feats and justifications in the OP later when I can.

The few extra touches have been added, feel free to re-comment if any changes seem questionable (though they're overall minor compared to what was already there)

Could you show me what they are? I'm a bit lost

Many thanks for keeping up and having enough patience with this shoddy CRT of mine :p

The changes have been applied so this can be closed now

Back