• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Revision: Godly Sith Lords (Legends)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway I would really like Palpatine's star feat to be calced it could give us a solidly high number for 4-B it's better then them just being baseline

I have talked with ChaosTheory on it (NF user who knows a lot about Star Wars), and he said that Vaapad really isn't a significant amp, or at least not one that bumps Mace up multiple tiers.

I agree with this

Now my master plan to have DC and Marvel characters fight Star Wars characters can finally commence.

Dooku is so strong that Sidious' hologram is far more powerful than him:

"Darth Tyranus," intoned Count Dooku's Master. Even though he wasn't physically present, the simple sound of his voice - rasping, papery, somehow, like the rustling of ancient parchment - sent a shiver through Ventress. This man was steeped in the dark side of the Force, saturated with it, in a way that she was certain Vos, perhaps even Dooku, had never been.
Dark Disciple

13.1648333458 Kilofoe actually, but why are we derailing a Star Wars thread about Thor?

Edit: 6.58241667292 Kilofoe if cut in half.

This is like Assalts WH calc blog where it went from nothing to being a hot topic at lightspeed.

Anyways this looks about agreeable so changes can be made at anytime.

</div> Doesn't this say it's a calc for two stars + everything between them as opposed to just shaking the stars? </div>

No, just shaking them

Mace thought blankly, Why? And moved his lightsaber toward the fallen Chancellor. Before he could follow through on his stroke, a sudden arc of blue plasma sheared through his wrist and his hand tumbled away with his lightsaber still in it and Palpatine roared back to his feet and lightning speared from the Sith Lord's hands and without his blade to catch it, the power of Palpatine's hate struck him full-on. He had been so intent on Palpatine's shatterpoint that he'd never thought to look for Anakin's. Dark lightning blasted away his universe. He fell forever.
Revenge of the Sith novelizatio
As MACE stares at ANAKIN in shock, PALPATINE springs to life. The full force of Palpatine's powerful Bolts blasts MACE. He attempts to deflect them with his one good hand, but the force is too great. As blue rays engulf his body, he is flung out the window and falls twenty stories to his death. No more screams. No more moans. PALPATINE lowers his arm.
Revenge of the Sith script

This shows that Sidious only used his full power when he one-shot Mace with his Force Lightning.

@Matt

That doesn't really say that though.

It says that the Force bolts hit Mace with full force, not that it's the only time Sidious used his full power.

Also, Mace survived that, albeit really weakened. The fall killed him because he couldn't brace himself for the impact.

The novelization straight up says that Mace died the second the lightning hit him.

But Master Windu wasn't listening. He raised his lightsaber — and Anakin knocked it aside. The unexpected blow sent the lightsaber flying... And left Mace defenceless against a new bolt of Force Lightning. Chancellor Palpatine was faking! He wasn't tired at all.
Revenge of the Sith junior novelizatio

^ Even a secondary novelization agrees that Palpatine was faking defeat.

In addition, if Mace was reflecting the full power of Sidious' lightning back at him, Sidious would have died. But not only did he not die, he actually took no damage:

In the clean blue light of his blade he stared into the face of a man whose features were as familiar to him as his own, but now seemed as alien as an extragalactic comet—because now he finally understood that those familiar features were only a mask.
He had never seen this man's real face.
"And so the mask becomes the man," he sighed with a hint of philosophical melancholy. "I shall miss the face of Palpatine, I think; but for our purpose, the face of Sidious will serve. Yes, it will serve."
"Always two there are"—not only master and apprentice, but persona and true face. Unmasked by deflected lightning during his duel with Mace Windu, the Sith Lord's true face is revealed to the world.
The Complete Visual Dictionary
Because the real Palpatine is the one who bursts forth at a calculated moment in Episode III just after persuading Anakin to kill Mace (Windu). That is when the true person comes out, letting the evil fully manifest itself. The Emperor that you see in the last film looks like he does because he's very old and very evil - it is what he always looked like. He just had this carapace of looking like a fairly ordinary guy, a politician that smiled a bit, and so on.
Insider 82

The withered old face he has is his real face, he only used illusions to appear normal. So Mace had to block Force Lightning from Sidious to avoid being killed that were so weak they did no damage to him.

Mace is no way in hell on Sidious' full level.

@Matt

This is pretty flimsy, but if I recall correctly, multiple sources stated that Windu is Yoda's superior as a warrior.

Feel free to debunk this if necessary.

@Ever

Before the Jedi could react, Palpatine sprang into action and killed all of them except Mace Windu.
Databank: Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious
Before Mace realizes what has happened, Kolar, Tiin, and Fisto have fallen to Sidious's blade.
The Complete Visual Dictionary

Sidious also blitzed Mace.

But yeah. I think that other than Yoda, everyone else who fought Sidious should be High 4-C at best.

@Repp

Windu could be a better swordsman than Yoda. He is a formidable warrior who mastered Vapaad, something almost no one else did. But Yoda is far, far stronger, being stated to be the strongest Jedi who ever lived and an avatar of the Light Side

(At least) High 4-C(+) Talzin and Windu I can get behind.

It just irks me whenever people try to say Mace is High 6-A.

Also, even Yoda eventually realized he had no hope of defeating Sidious, and that Sidious was much stronger than he was.

"Palpatine faced Mace and Agen and Kit and Saesee—four of the greatest swordsmen our Order has ever produced. By himself. Even both of us together wouldn't have a chance."
Obi-Wan Kenobi, Revenge of the Sith novelizatio
It came when the avatar of light resolved into the lineage of the Jedi; when the lineage of the Jedi refined into one single Jedi.
It came when Yoda found himself alone against the dark.
In that lightning-speared tornado of feet and fists and blades and bashing machines, his vision finally pierced the darkness that had clouded the Force.
Finally, he saw the truth.This truth: that he, the avatar of light, Supreme Master of the Jedi Order, the fiercest, most implacable, most devastatingly powerful foe the darkness had ever known...
just-
didn't-
have it.
He'd never had it. He had lost before he started.
He had lost before he was born.
The Sith had changed. The Sith had grown, had adapted, had invested a thousand years' intensive study into every aspect of not only the Force but Jedi lore itself, in preparation for exactly this day. The Sith had remade themselves.
They had become new.
While the Jedi-
The Jedi had spent that same millennium training to refight the last war.
The new Sith could not be destroyed with a lightsaber; they could not be burned away by any torch of the Force. The brighter his light, the darker their shadow. How could one win a war against the dark, when war itself had become the dark's own weapon?
Inside the spacious interior of the Galactic Senate chamber, Yoda challenged the Emperor. The two engaged in a spectacular duel—a contest between the most powerful practitioners of the Force's Light and Dark Sides. The Emperor proved too powerful to defeat. Although Yoda held his own for much of the duel, in the end the Sith bested him. He realized that continuing to directly confront Palpatine would mean failure. Defeated, Yoda slunk away into the shadow's of the Senate chamber's cavernous depths, leaping into a waiting getaway speeder piloted by Bail Organa.
The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Yoda went after Palpatine in the empty Senate chamber, but could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history.
The New Essential Chronology
Yoda confronted Sidious in the heart of the Senate chambers. This erupted into an intense duel between these masters of the Force, a fight that Yoda ultimately lost and was forced to flee.
Databank: Yoda
Master Yoda made a last-ditch attempt to stop him, and their fight spilled over into the now-empty Senate rotunda. Darth Sidious overwhelmed Master Yoda with the destructive energy of the dark side, and the Jedi Master fled Coruscant.
Databank: Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious
The Jedi Master and the Sith Lord dueled in the Senate chamber, but Sidious was too strong for Yoda to defeat.
Coruscant History Gallery
Even the greatest warriors of the Jedi - Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, even Yoda - could not defeat the Sith.
The Last of the Jedi: Underworld

Not saying that Yoda isn't 4-B. Just that even he is not the equal of Sidious.

Mother Talzin's fight with Sidious is also very lame. She posesses Dooku, he easily defeats and banishes her, than they have a beam struggle which lasts like two panels, and Dooku and Maul attack her, forcing her to flee.

That, I am honestly completely fine with.

It still shows they scale while also making it clear they're considerably weaker.

Though honestly anything is better than High 6-A Mace, lol.

Why do we have Vader as beneath Bane if Anakin is repeatedly stated to be one of the most powerful Jedi who ever lived, and has the potential to be the strongest. And as Darth Vader he became stronger than Anakin and is stated to be amongst the strongest Sith who ever lived, even dwarfing Sidious' previous apprentices, such as Maul, who is stated to be one of the strongest Sith himself.

I think that Low 5-B Vader should be fine.

Because "one of X" is extremely vague and we have 0 idea if that applies to scaling to Bane.

Plus, I'm pretty sure Bane's feat didn't actually happen, thinking back on it.

@Ever

Anakin also has a fuckton of statements of being "The most powerful Jedi ever in history". Obviously not true given Mace and Yoda, but I am willing to consider him the third place. That would put him above all the Jedi who fought the Sith over the last 1,000 years.

I feel like we actually need to look into the Bane stuff.

Since it's been generally agreed before that the feat straight-up didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back