• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion thread III: Revenge of the Thread

Liam Neeson has retired from action roles.

He could still do voice-work though. He did voice Qui-Gon in the Mortis arc of TCW.

Shadowbokunohero said:
How much do you guys think it will make at the Global box office
Personally, while I am hyped I think it will be the lowest grossing out of the new films

anyway here is my prediction

Low End: 400 Million (I think this might be a bit low but who knows)

Mid End: 700 (This seems to be the most reasonable IMO)

High End: 1 Billion ( Idk but I find it highly unlikely that Solo will get 1 Billion)

I'm guessing mid end at least. The nostalgia factor and hype should still be good enough for at the very least that much.

lol the hate this film is getting is unreal

yet the trailers likes and dislike ratio seem to tell a different story

Which is rather silly, considering the sequel trilogy is based on George Lucas' own notes and concepts. Seriously, the vast majority of what we see in the sequel trilogy is from Lucas himself.

Js250476 said:
Seemingly no Jedi were mentioned

Seems to primarily focus on the pilots of SW
It's going to revolve around the First Order - Resistance conflict.

This is good. Like how we got TCW to flesh out the Clone Wars period, we're now getting an animated series that will flesh out this new war.

I hope they do a good job of covering pre TFA politics so as to help fans who don't read the novels & comics catch up to it all. And I hope we get good coverage of the time-skip between VIII and IX (you know there will be one).

I love the actress I think she comes off as one the nicest people I've seen in a while

but her character is a bit bland

I was going to post this on the Unpopular Opinions thread. But I decided it would be better off here.

I am not really a fan of the LAAT/i gunship from Star Wars. Most fans really love that ship, even prequel haters. But I just don't like the design of the LAAT. It's too slow and relatively unprotected and lacks a hyperdrive.

I think the Nu-class attack shuttle is better. It's got tough armour plating, powerful deflector shields, a hyperdrive, and four pairs of starfighter grade laser cannons. Slap a couple missile tubes on that thing and it's perfect. There's also a clamp equipped cargo variant which could help carry AT-TEs onto the battlefield.

They do have some great designs.

I think the Providence is a better design than most Republic heavy cruiser class vessels and the Lucrehulk is also a great design. My only complaint with the Lucrehulk is how damn slow it is.

We did get some really good designs in the sequel trilogy. The Resurgent-class, Maxima A class, First Order Light Cruiser, and Free Virgillia-class are all damn good designs.

The Mandator IV though? That is just a bad design. The First Order done effed up there. And they also effed up with their TIEs. They should have gone with the TIE/IN fuselage and solar array design instead of that of the standard TIE/LN. What a stupid decision.

And don't even get me started on how badly neutered the MC85 line was.

should we make a separate subgroup for Infantry? on SW verse page

I mean for composite Soldiers like the Arc trooper B1 etc

I've taken recently a huge fascination in infantry and weapons in SW verse and I think it would be a cool idea to have it

"I saw darkness. I sensed it building in him. I'd seen it in moments during his training. But then I looked inside, and it was beyond what I ever imagined. Snoke had already turned his heart. He would bring destruction, pain, death, and the end of everything I love because of what he will become. And for the briefest moment of pure instinct, I thought I could stop it. It passed like a fleeting shadow. And I was left with shame and with consequence. And the last thing I saw were the eyes of a frightened boy whose Master had failed him."

I love this qoute i really do makes me feel sorry for Luke in a way.

Back