• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion thread III: Revenge of the Thread

Overall that finale was excellent. I loved it. Really.

Also, that's like the fourth animal in Canon now with High 7-A physical strength. Damn Star Wars galaxy with it's bloody insane animals.

Pellaeon being canon was a nice surprise, even if it was just a cameo.

My only real gripe was that I feel the finale was too open-ended with Ezra and Thrawn only being "gone" and not dead. It just feels like comic bait.

Also, human Twi'lek hybrids are canon now. I don't know why but I love that detail.

Seeing as how Pellaeon is quite popular among fans and is one of Zahn's favourite characters, we're likely to see him in future Canon material. I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up in Thrawn: Alliances (which I am super hyped for by the way).

And I just remembered: Dave Filoni is a huge fan of the Legends Thrawn novels. Now Pellaeon making it into Canon is not that surprising.

Human plus near human alien hybrids have always been Canon. It's been known even in Legends that humans can have children with any alien species that is "near human" and Pablo Hidalgo tweeted that it was the same case in Canon. Humans can have kids with Twi'leks, Zabrak (Iridonian and Dathomirian), Pantorans, Umbarans, Kiffar, probably Togruta and Chiss as well.

Yeah, I know, but I didn't recall specifically human Twi'lek hybrids.

I'm also amazed that only Kanan and Gregor died near the end. I really thought a lot more people would.

A friend of mine predicted the bromance between Zeb and Kallus, that Zeb would take Kallus to Lira San, and that the Lasat would accept him. Man he's good at predictions.

Gregor... RIP you crazy bastard. You will be missed.

The Everlasting said:
Yeah, I know, but I didn't recall specifically human Twi'lek hybrids.
I honestly want to see a Human-Zabrak or Human-Chiss hybrid. That'd be sweet. I'm mostly curious to see if a Human-Zabrak hybrid would have horns and two hearts, and if a Human-Chiss hybrid would have infrared vision and enhanced hearing.

The former could have been if only Sinjir Rath Velus was straight. Emari was willing to full on mate with him.

The Everlasting said:
What do you think happened to Ezra and Thrawn yourself?
Purrgil are likely to reside in Wild Space and the Unknown Regions. So I'm guessing that is where the Purrgil hyperspace jumped.

That only tells us where Ezra and Thrawn might be. As for their fates? I don't know.

So the official Star Wars twitter profile confirmed that the name of Kanan and Hera's son is "Jacen" and not "Jason".

Well there are parallels between him and Jacen Solo. They're both the child of a Jedi and one of the best pilots in the galaxy, and said pilot flies a heavily modified light freighter that is an outdated hunk of junk as of the Galactic Civil War.

The Unknown Regions/Wild Space is basically the ticket for "Give all the weird shit", so that'll be something.

Them naming him Jacen is... an interesting decision. I wonder if there's any more reason other than "It's a name we went with".

Refresh my memory @Everlasting

Did the Chiss have infrared vision and superhuman hearing in Legends as well?

That's why I asked you. Because I couldn't find it on Wookieepedia.

So it's just in Canon then? Huh...

I know it's going to include a lot more scenes the movie didn't have, so it might have additional feats as well.

Soldier Blue said:
The Everlasting said:
What do you think happened to Ezra and Thrawn yourself?
Purrgil are likely to reside in Wild Space and the Unknown Regions. So I'm guessing that is where the Purrgil hyperspace jumped.
That only tells us where Ezra and Thrawn might be. As for their fates? I don't know.
it was confirmed by dave that they are alive

How much do you guys think it will make at the Global box office

Personally, while I am hyped I think it will be the lowest grossing out of the new films

anyway here is my prediction

Low End: 400 Million (I think this might be a bit low but who knows)

Mid End: 700 (This seems to be the most reasonable IMO)

High End: 1 Billion ( Idk but I find it highly unlikely that Solo will get 1 Billion)

For goodness' sake... Geeks + Gamers needs to take a ******* vacation, go somewhere where he has no access to internet, and just chill for a week. I'm tired of seeing his hateful bullshit in my feed even though I keep marking them as "Not Interested".

Ordered the "Last Shot" novel. From what I hear, it is really good and picks up right after Aftermath: Empire's End.

I just wish Amazon India would deliver it sooner than 7th May.

Shadowbokunohero said:
Geek+s Gamer?
Some two-faced jackass who got called out on his bullshit by Alex Damon from Star Wars Explained, made an apology video, then started a one-sided feud by making a video claiming that he was bullied.

Don't worry about him. Just some idiot who is too angry for his own good.

i didnt read into it

all i heard was that they were claiming that alex "is a two face who sucks Disney Star Wars off"

Soldier Blue said:
Ordered the "Last Shot" novel. From what I hear, it is really good and picks up right after Aftermath: Empire's End.
I just wish Amazon India would deliver it sooner than 7th May.
i wanna buy it >_> but i also wanna buy other star wars novels

also finally got time to start reading thrawn

I won't lie the first 3 or 4 pages I was a bit confused

I managed to read about 50 pages give or take and I'm really enjoying it

I'm enjoying the dynamic between Eli and Thrawn ..I'm hoping there's a lot of this in the rest of the book

the dialogue between Palpatine and Thrawn was freaken amazing.. Thrawn is so badass with just the way he says stuff

but for the love gawd... I keep picturing Eli as a female

Shadowbokunohero said:
also been basically confirmed that we are getting Han solo movie trilogy
Alden Ehrenreich says he signed up for three Star Wars films. He didn't explicitly say that there were all stand-alone films revolving around Han Solo.

Star Wars news these days can be misleading. Unless Lucasfilm themselves confirm a Han Solo trilogy, I refuse to believe any news pointing to such a thing.

The Thrawn novel comic adaptation is out. We know what Eli Vanto looks like. As for his voice... Imagine Ezra with a stereotypical southern US accent.

Back