• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion thread III: Revenge of the Thread

You know if anything that just makes the main characters even more impressive by dodging bolts from Stormtroopers all the time. If there aim is in actuality that good

One thing I wish for: More on-screen (in films and comics) crazy feats from heavy turbolasers.

Mark my words: The performance of the heavy turbolasers of the Imperial Star Destroyers in the coming episodes of Rebels is going to be underwhelming. Especially so considering the crazy feat of the Chimaera herself in the canon Thrawn novel and the tectonic spasm shit from ISDs in Aftermath: Life Debt.

i hope they add the Kessel Run as a playable area in battlefront II. that would be so sick

I hope EA get their shit together and make a complete game. I don't care if you jack the price up by 25 to 35 % to account for cost increases over the last two decades. I just don't want ******* micro-transactions and pointless loot boxes in games.

Micro transactions aren't anything new, most of your FPS Multiplayer games have them, they need to just balance their game out so that it doesn't become a pay to win system. Dice created a beautiful and awesome game, only for EA to ruin the experience for a lot of people, I mean look how well Battlefront is doing now, Regular Patch Updates, new content on the hoirzon, easy matchmaking and far more balancing. something that should of been here at the start

yes it is bad, I don't want micro transactions but it won't be going away anytime soon, companies make far to much money on it for it to just be removed, with that being said BF got far more attention due to it being a "Star Wars" game. what im saying, what BF II did is nothing new.

The story is decent. The campaign's shortness and absolute shit replay value are the problem. I imagine the exact same story in novel or comic format would be way better.

I agree I liked the story, I do think they shouldn't have marketed the game as an Empire storyline type of game though, and it was pretty short

if I had to rate the game, considering I've put in roughly 80 hours into it now, id give it a Solid 7/10

Still vastly better than 2015 Battlefront

Looks good to me.

I would make the following tiny changes:

For AP: Infantry can be 8-C to High 8-C with heavy weaponry. They have access to Disruptor (Star Wars) pistols/rifles and heavy weapons in the Large Building level+ range.

For the High 6-A superlaser key, you can also add in the Ecplise-class and Sovereign-class. Both of them are equipped with similar superlasers.

For military prowess: Millions of starfighters, several tens of thousands of capital ships ranging from a few hundred metres to 19 kilometres, battlestations ranging from tens to hundreds of kilometres, unspecified billions of Stromtroopers and other infantry, control over millions of star systems.

^ Even in Canon they control millions of star systems (as noted in Battlefront: Twilight Company) and I think have untold billions of Stormtroopers.

The technology part was just ridiculous in what I can find. Seriously, a freaking ISD hyperdrive generates as much energy as a small star.

You and I can improve it bit by bit to make it a legitimate profile.

The Everlasting said:
The technology part was just ridiculous in what I can find. Seriously, a freaking ISD hyperdrive generates as much energy as a small star.
Yeah, that'd be High 6-A (well into). Even in Canon, ISDs and dreadnoughts have Hypermatter reactors with High 6-A energy output at their peak. Refer this blog.

You and I can improve it bit by bit to make it a legitimate profile.

Good... Good...

Js250476 said:
And yet people think the US military can beat shit like that. Humanity confuses me sometimes
Even in canon, star destroyer turbolasers have Mountain to Large Island level feats. Freaking fortresses in Disney canon can take anything up to 100 Megaton plasma bombs.

@Soldier

For more detail, it's described that, to make a single hyperspace jump, the hyperdrive needs to expend more energy than an entire Imperial controlled planet will in its lifetime. That's around 10 yottawatts of power per jump, comparatively around 2.5% of the Sun's total luminosity.

What other Star Wars civs do you think could get profiles?

Gargoyle One said:
<Underpowered and inconsistent like Rebels.
It can be frustrating at times. And Ezra behaves too much like a stupid shounen protagonist for me to take him seriously [Why did they drop the idea of Dark Side fallen Ezra?]. But it does have some good characters and tells good stories. Is Rebels a good show? Yes, I think it is. And I do indeed love the show and many of the characters. But the canon comics and novels are better when it comes to quality. Even the Rebels comics and New Dawn novel (which revolves around Kanan and Hera) are far better written.

Yeah, I was definitely considering them.

There's also the Infinite Empire and possibly the Celestials. Perhaps the TOR Sith Empire as well?

Yeah, the Infinite Empire and Old Sith Empire came to my mind as well.

The Infinite Empire I think has ships ranging from Low 6-B to High 6-B per shot. Just have to go through ChaosTheory's blogs on the OBD to find them.

I wonder if we'll ever get an anthology film on sand.

Rough and Coarse and Irritating: A Star Wars Story

i really enjoyed the series finale, im happy to see that Thrawn got space Hentai'd instead of dying

Back