• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode IV The Phantom Lore

As I said, there's nothing new, but it's consistent. This takes place just after The Empire Strikes Back

Also, Poe's parents make an appearance, hence his mum showing up in an A-Wing.

You could make it, if you wish.

Where does it say canon Vader's armour is made of durasteel?

Edit: I found a canonical source saying his helmet is durasteel, but not his entire armour.

I thought the helmet was made out of plastisteel. The rest of the armor was gonna be made out of durasteel, but the designers used an inferior substitute.

I'm going by this Legends video by the way.

Only canon, no Legends. Also, I found another canon source saying it's plasteel + another metal, so I don't know what to think any more.

ByAsura said:
As I said, there's nothing new, but it's consistent. This takes place just after The Empire Strikes Back
I read it, and I loved it. Charles Soule proves himself once again.

About that Venator comment: That's an Arquitens-class light cruiser, actually.

ByAsura said:
Where does it say canon Vader's armour is made of durasteel?
I believe Pablo Hidalgo clariefied as such in a tweet, and also an entry in the Canon iteration of the Star Wars character encyclopedia. Both are hard to confirm because: (1) Hidalgo purges his tweets every thousand tweets. (2) I do not have a copy of that book.

When we got previews of the Star Wars 2020 comic series a couple of months ago, I expressed concern about the art style. I'm glad to have been proven wrong. The art style isn't the best we've seen from Star Wars comics, but it is certainly acceptable and far better than what I imagined.

I really liked the art style as well. It looked like an improvement over the already exceptional 2015 Star Wars main line, and I hope it sticks, we'll have to wait until the 29th to see, though.

Everyone seems to be making fun of Luke's face on the cover. He looks far too much like He-Man, in my opinion.

By the way, do you also happen to know where the AT-DP durasteel thing comes from?

ByAsura said:
Everyone seems to be making fun of Luke's face on the cover. He looks far too much like He-Man, in my opinion.

By the way, do you also happen to know where the AT-DP durasteel thing comes from?
I think Luke's face being like that is sort of callback to 1980s Luke action figures that looked like they were just He-Man action figures with Jedi robes & a lightsaber tacked on.

Yeah. It was on Wookieepedia when I was making the profile. It's not there now for some reason. I don't know what the **** happened.

I'm not happy that EU writers now have to fill the holes left by JJ Abrams in Rise of Skywalker and that some of the writers effectively have their own Star Wars works retconned, specifically Snoke's backstory. The Sequel trilogy should not be repeating the mistake the Prequel trilogy made of leaving a lot of the big details up to your imagination.

Natse said:
I'm not happy that EU writers now have to fill the holes left by JJ Abrams in Rise of Skywalker and that some of the writers effectively have their own Star Wars works retconned, specifically Snoke's backstory.
I am also terribly pissed that TROS throws away a lot of what was established in previous Canon works. However, Snoke's backstory was not one of them. He had literally no backstory.

Soldier Blue said:
I am also terribly pissed that TROS throws away a lot of what was established in previous Canon works. However, Snoke's backstory was not one of them. He had literally no backstory.
According to the novelizations of the previous films, Snoke's existence goes back to around RotS when he witnessed the fall of the Republic and that Palpatine didn't know about him until he died in the Death Star II. Apparently, JJ Abrams didn't tell them jack when he wrote the script to TRoS, so now those novelizations are not canon anymore.

Natse said:
I'm not happy that EU writers now have to fill the holes left by JJ Abrams in Rise of Skywalker and that some of the writers effectively have their own Star Wars works retconned, specifically Snoke's backstory. The Sequel trilogy should not be repeating the mistake the Prequel trilogy made of leaving a lot of the big details up to your imagination.
There's stil an EU?

Hellbeast1 said:
THeres still an EU it's just that most of it got nuked by Disney
Per the original rules for canon, the films were the highest canon (George Lucas Canon); The Clone Wars became the second-highest as T-Canon, or Television canon. Everything else fell under Continuity canon (C-Canon) or Secondary (S-Canon).

I think the reason why the Continuity canon was removed from continuity was because, given how long the EU went on for, it'd be nigh-impossible to create a Sequel Trilogy that did not depend on people being familiar with the EU, if they were going to finish the stories of Luke, Han and Leia (the EU did drop a moon on Chewie via the intergalactic Yuuzhan Vong).

Solo needed to make 720 Million dollars to breack even on a 300 million dollar Budget. 150 Million at least for marketing and the company only gets around 60 percent of that. It might not hit a billion it should be doing Endgame numbers . It has made around 940-960 Million dollars in 40 weaks. Disney has lost over 50 percent of the fan base. Fans sea a movie mulitple times. Non fans do not. TLJ made for a 300 Million dollar Budget it is at least 350 million dollar buget . This movie will make less than 150 Million dollars in profit

Stop being so incoherent. It's hard to make out what you're even saying, much less understand it.

Three weeks in, on a 275 million dollar budget, it's already made 952 million dollars. It's already made back its budget and more, and is still one of the highest-grossing movies this year. Making a billion is inevitable for Rise of Skywalker, and its only entering its fourth week.

It never needed to do "Endgame" numbers, and it's irrational to believe that Star Wars should be doing those numbers. Star Wars has never functioned like the Marvel Cinematic Universe (it'd lose what makes it special if it did become like the MCU).

"Endgame" was the pay-off of 22 films building up to it over the course of 11 years (and a surprisingly generous box office in China). The MCU is designed so that, even as people go to watch films about indivdiual superheroes (two per year since Phase 2), it's all about the build-up to the next Avengers film.

That's never been the case for Star Wars, to put it simply.

Three weeks in the theater, it just needs the weekend to break into the highest-grossing films of all time, and will most likely reach the billion dollar mark within another week at minimum.

2017-2019 had 3 movies each. It is not Irrational to suggest the a final flim in the Skywalker sage sould be doing at the very least Infinity War Numbers. I very highly doubt with the massive reshoots post and pre-production and everything else that it was made for only 275-300 Million dollars. 325-350 Million seems better for the final movie of the skywalker sage. It will barely go do Rogue One numbers that that is a spin off movie.4 Weaks since release and it has only made 954 Million dollars in total. It is barely going to break a Billion dollars. That is not want you should have been expecting for the final flim in the skywalker saga. Yeah, the movie is a disaster in terms the fact it makes zero sense.

Really? Because I was only confused by one scene after the film ended, and that was the wayfinder perfectly matching the wreckage. Then I realised it's heavily implied the Emperor can tell the future to an extent, and outright confirmed in the comics

Marval Star Wars coomics are been ripping off fan artwork stealing it and copy and pasting it without been given prior permission they did not make or own fan made artwork. Fan artwork for the Mandator 4 Resurgent Allegiance classes . Heck, even the TIE dagger form the movie might be stolen artwork. Jesse Horn made a TIE dagger very slimmer to the Rise of Skywalker one more then 3 years before the movie came out. Fractal Sponge has multiple extremely highly detailed models of the Allegiance class on his website.

Does that relate to anything I said or truly affect the actual writing quality of the comic? Yeah, I agree they shouldn't do that. It seems like you're pulling any reason to hate recent Star Wars. If you don't like it, just say you don't like it, you don't actually need a reason.

I am just pointing that out are you upset. I do not hate Star Wars Why do you think that. Hate is extrmeley powerful word you know that. Thank you I will try to do that.

I'm not upset, I just disagree with the justification. I didn't say you did, key word "recent" Star Wars.

ByAsura said:
Really? Because I was only confused by one scene after the film ended, and that was the wayfinder perfectly matching the wreckage. Then I realised it's heavily implied the Emperor can tell the future to an extent, and outright confirmed in the comics
An alternative is that Sith loyalists searched for the Death Star wreckage, found where the Emperor's tower was located, and made the blade to match the wreckage.

But I presume both can work at the same time.

Back