• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode IV The Phantom Lore

Shadowbokunohero said:
Thanos isnt smart either though, his plan is kind of dumb

he must realize that by wiping out half of all life, means wiping out half the resources that would make it harder for the other half to live and make his plan moot, and lets say he means sentient life, he realizes that would mean more resources for beings which would lead to the same problem again but in a quicker amount of time.

Why not double the resources?

why not create an infinite amount of Resources?
I agree with this

Sorry if I am being a troll right now. You guys have him listed has a supergeuies and above iron man. He is the bad guy why would hedo somthing and help our heros. Thanos had 4 Infinity stoones her could have blocked it

DragonEmperor23 said:
Looking at his page on the wiki, it says that he's prone to outbursts of rage when confronted with the death of a loved one.
This was added because of Infinity War.

the only other time is when it's revealed his father has murdered his mother but there are no stakes for Quill at that point there's no reason for him to be reserved, Quill is emotional but not stupid.

Infinity war potrays him as stupid in that moment so that they can advance the plot.

> Because since the heroes ended up winning in the end, you can see that Quill doing that was part of DS's plan

This would still be contrived writing, why would strange risk everything on 1 in 14 Million chance if he can stop it now.

It makes Strange more Reckless than smart, him giving the stone to Thanos after Tony gets "killed" makes sense because they Need Tony.

anything prior to that is a big no no.

Because Thanos outguns him 4-1 he has 4 Infinity Stones He could have mrealy killed him with the glove and Thanos almost dies at the end of infinity war because of Strombreacker hitting whim while the full power of the Infinity Stones is unlleashed on it

Resurgence Class 2915 said:
It is a comic book movie of course it would do that
This isnt a good argument either.

I can use this for Star Wars aswell.

It's just a movie about space Wizards.

btw Im still waiting for your Objective answers.

Resurgence Class 2915 said:
Prove me withours or stop talking about it.
I already did, you claimed Objectivity and I asked for proof.

just concede the argument if your unable to do so.

the difference is art is made to appeal to emotion while Moral ethics is Designed with the benefit our species on a biological level.

you cant disagree with something with out rebbutal.

otherwise it's not a counter argument.

I gave you a clear reasoning why they are not functionally the same.

Ill take that as you conceding the argument as I'm unfollowing this thread.

I am not why though did I destroy it and dlete my posts if I did. I was agreeing with you on you last post mate. I was not trying to augre with you I only posted it because It was late at night and I did not know that it was going to be talked about

\ Star Trek Beyond The Force Awakens and more. The Force Awakens and Star Trek Beyond are both remixes remakes and reworks of far superior onginal artworks. He plays it safe because it works for him. And thisis form one one who loves the transformers movies and sub grade science fiction and fantasy movies. It will make one billion

The movie could not even break 375 million opening weakend in the final installment of the Franchise witch is likely considering solos disaster cost about 300 million times 50 percent for the marketing plus 60 percent for the money Disney gets. and it is 200-250 million dollar bomb. It was not a truly good or bad movie. Yeah, it is bomb. normaly movies only get about 60 percent of the totak gross form the movie. and spend about 50 percent of the production budget. So Rise of skywalker needs to make at least 1.1 Billion to profit because 275 million dollar budget makes no sesne considering the last jedi had 300 million dollar budget. and it should be at least 350 million dollar budget. So 350 times .5 is 175 times 3 is 525 plus 60 percent so 515 plus 525 is about 840 million dollars plus another 350 million to get the production budget back. so about 1.14 billion. Reasonable I think it could make that much money. But it might not third weak and forth weak dropoffs should tell us if it truly will hit the billion-dollar mark. It is still possible that movie will do that. It will

@Shadowbokunohero

> The Prequels contradict this message by the Introduction of Midicholrians. How many midiclorians you have affects your ability to communicate with the force. That's why they did mediclorian tests to determine if someone had enough to be a Jedi basically. Anakin's midichlorians were "off the charts" and "higher than master yodas", meaning eventually (had he not been chopped up and cyborg'd) he would have far supassed everyones abilities (including yoda and sidious) once he was more trained.

Going back to Return of the Jedi of the Original Trilogy, Yoda and Obi-Wan already say that strong connections in the Force run in their family. It's bloodline related. The Prequels introducing Midichlorians follows that element. It elaborates that Leia and the rest of the Skywalkers were strong in the Force due to Midichlorian concentration.

YODA: Luke...Luke...Do not...Do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor, or suffer your father's fate, you will. Luke, when gone am I (cough), the last of the Jedi will you be. Luke, the Force runs strong in your family. Pass on what you have learned, Luke... (with great effort) There is...another... Sky...Sky...walker.

BEN: She hasn't been trained in the ways of the Jedi the way you have, Luke ... but the Force is strong with her, as it is with all of your family. There is no avoiding the battle. You must face and destroy Vader!

LUKE: You're wrong, Leia. You have that power too. In time you'll learn to use it as I have. The Force is strong in my family. My father has it...I have it...and...my sister has it.

In Empire Strikes Back, Yoda explains that a Jedi gains power from the force by giving themselves into the Force. Have faith for nothing is impossible for the Force, so long as it wills it.

To my knowledge, it isn't said in the movies that being strong in the force means that the person has more potential than other people.

Anakin is described as a Vergence in the Force. A vergence occurs anytime the Force converges around something and is exceptionally strong. Does this mean Anakin can use the force to do anything without the right mindset? Similar to Luke, the answer was no. Things like subconcious precognition were the first to happen, but actively moving objects were difficult without letting the Force take the proverbial wheel.

Anakin, who's described as "Chosen One", Miraculously survives death on several occasions, and is even prophesied to bring balance to the force. He was even envisioned and fated to become Darth Vader in Clone Wars Season 3, Episode 17.

Can we add Prophecy to Anakin's Profile? I'd rather not propose fate manipulation as... it'd start a shitstorm.

That's more like Plot Armor in meta terms. In-Universe, I guess we just chalk it up to the Force making sure it happens. It's not Anakin's ability.

So the force protects Anakin and makes sure the prophecy happens? This could give him Prophecy via being the Chosen One and through the Force.

Never pander to Raylos thier are toxic Sending real death threats and other stuff.Because raiding the space animals and drinking land whale milk is consistent with the universe and the person involved. and enterire galaxy forgetting asbout the man who destroyed the death star killed death vader and helped for a galactic government in 30 years. is reasonable consistent and normal now. Wow what is that again

ShadowWhoWalks said:
Also, anyone disagree that episode 8 of the Mandalorian was the best episode of the season? Amazing payoff.
Episode 7 and 8 together are without a doubt the peak of Season 1 of The Mandalorian.

By far my favourite part is the ending. I was disappointed that Werner Herzog's character was just killed off because Gideon "wanted to make a point" or something. But I am glad that Gideon himself is going to return as a villain. I knew he was a smart & badass dude when I first heard him talk. But to see him with the Darksaber of all things?

We have good shit to look forward to next November.

I also can find it.

I'm trying to see the Onager-class description.

I must confess that I didn't even know Werner Herzog was alive. I always imagined he'd be like a 100 years old by now, quite surprised he's only 77.

Has anyone seen the 2020 Star Wars comic? It came out 3 days ago on New Year's day.

There's some interesting feats, but nothing new.

Back