• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode IV The Phantom Lore

Rian Johnson has failed in his malicious attempt to dispose of the mask! J.J. Abrams giving fanservice to all us mask aficionados.

Can't wait to see the Sith Empire get even more powerful than before in secret, so they can fight the "rebellion" once more.

Jokes aside, what do you think is the next big thing for the IP? Is a new trilogy likely? How long until we see Darth Revan, and will it be on the big screen or Disney+?

Do you think the SW managment, including Kathleen Kennedy, should change? Imo, pursuing a movie trilogy without any semblance of a plan for the events of the second and third movie is unforgivable.

What is your interpretation of the Chosen One Prophecy in light of the newest movie? It sounds to me that Rey is a second Chosen One, and Anakin brought balance to the Force for maybe only a few years.

I think the Star Wars management should at least be willing to re-retcon the legends continuity into the main canon or something. I think, broadly speaking, a good chunk of the ideas that exist in this stuff could have been used in conjunction with the EU.

For example, I know we have Caedus and his sister, but we can write things to where Leia has another dark side son or something? Goddamn it I just want all of the other existing stuff too. Maybe have it be a canon alternative timeline that shares all of the force abilities and concepts but none of the lore except for certain things? Idk

ShadowWhoWalks said:
Rian Johnson has failed in his malicious attempt to dispose of the mask! J.J. Abrams giving fanservice to all us mask aficionados.
Can't wait to see the Sith Empire get even more powerful than before in secret, so they can fight the "rebellion" once more.

Jokes aside, what do you think is the next big thing for the IP? Is a new trilogy likely? How long until we see Darth Revan, and will it be on the big screen or Disney+?

Do you think the SW managment, including Kathleen Kennedy, should change? Imo, pursuing a movie trilogy without any semblance of a plan for the events of the second and third movie is unforgivable.

What is your interpretation of the Chosen One Prophecy in light of the newest movie? It sounds to me that Rey is a second Chosen One, and Anakin brought balance to the Force for maybe only a few years.
2022 film is likely old republic

also I dont blame Kennedy because she constantly asked Bob iger for the film to be delayed so they could work on it longer but Bob Iger and the shareholders wanted a film out by 2015.

Which part of Old Republic do you think it would be?

Because the Legends Old Republic era (save for specific parts) is so far removed from the Skywalker era temporally that you could slot many of the old stories into the new canon (like "Knights of the Old Republic") with little to no fuss. Revan, Ulic Qel-Droma, Exar Kun, Andeddu. They're all names from the Old Republic era that are back in the canon.

Shadowbokunohero said:
also I dont blame Kennedy because she constantly asked Bob iger for the film to be delayed so they could work on it longer but Bob Iger and the shareholders wanted a film out by 2015.
Yeah. Bob Iger even admitted as such and took all the blame himself. Based on this, the revelations in his book, and his conduct in interviews, he seems like a really nice guy. No wonder he was named business-person of the year.

Catalyst75 said:
Which part of Old Republic do you think it would be?
Benioff & Weiss were supposedly making Old Republic era movies that explored the origins of the Jedi & Sith orders. And this rumour comes from reliable sources.

This indicates that Lucasfilm is intent on making movies/series going all the way back to the very beginnings of Star Wars history.

I don't get why people blame producers or directors for bad movies. Shouldn't they blame it on the writers mainly?

@ByAsura @DarkDragonMedeus

What magnitude of earthquake would be required to accomplish the following:

1. Collapse a huge legislative building cum museum that has stood for centuries or even millennia.

2. Cause a landslide from a mountain.

3. Cause fissures in the ground to open up.

Causing well structured buildings to collapse seems like Magnitude 6 at minimum, not sure about the mountains landslide, but the third one I heard would be Magnitude 7.1 according to Google.

1. Easily a 9 or 10 on the Mercalli scale given this was held by very strong pillars and stone (if you're referring to Jedi Lost). Richter magnitudes of 6.4 and 7.1 have collapsed skyscrapers in the past.

2. I'm unsure. Not very high end, apparently.

3. Depends on the composition. The California Earthquake (3.9 on the Richter scale, which is roughtly magnitude 4 on the Mercalli scale) produced large fissures in solid dirt. The massive 2015 Nepal Earthquake, on the other hand, cracked concrete.

1. Yeah, I'm talking about Jedi Lost. The building in question was said to have stood for a long time and withstood extreme weather events. It was clearly a strong building. I was actually thinking Magnitude 7 at the bare minimum, 8 at most.

2. Oh?

3. Well, the ground Dooku & Lene Kostana were standing on was a flat and rocky with a rich mineral composition. The earthquake that happened opened up fissures large enough for two adult humanoids to fall through.

Man, I was like "woah" in the sith fleet when Palpatine did his force lighting on the resistance fleet, that display of power made me feel like he was invencible, my mind was like "WHAT?! How will he be defeated?! he is invencible!"

How satisfying was when finally that OP villain was overpowered by the power of every Jedi, with said lightning being bounced back to him like when mace windu was defeating him, but this time with no one to save him, the dark side disappeared and the sith fleet, the biggest fleet ever conceived, fell.
IMG 20191225 231617
Kirby72's Reaction

EDIT: OP, put "SPOILERS" in caps because this comment and comments above have TROS spoilers.

Give it to me straight guys, is Composite Sidious REALLY stronger than peak Revan? Doesn't he only have the power of Darth Revan, not anything after returning to the light and becoming a Gray Jedi? At his peak he scales to Vitiate, and the Hero of Typhus scales above that, and that power SPOILERS FOR THE NEW STAR WARS MOVIE

in Rey defeated Palpatine, so wouldn't Revan be, like, at least comparable?

Kirby71 said:
Man, I was like "woah" in the sith fleet when Palpatine did his force lighting on the resistance fleet, that display of power made me feel like he was invencible, my mind was like "WHAT?! How will he be defeated?! he is invencible!"
That was so dumb to me. It was so schlocky even for Star Wars. Even didn't even blow up like half the fleet, just a few dozen ships.

Firestorm808 said:
In Legends, Sidious is already stronger than Vitiate.
Right, I get that, and Luke was omega dumb busted, dude fought The Mother, but how does All Sith Sidious compare to Peak Revan?

Back